The end is near...soon. Vertical Epic time!

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Mebuzzard, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard May 19, 2005 Colorado

So, apparently in December the world is to end. How unfortunate. But at least Stone has thought ahead and prepared a going away party, of sorts. With their Vertical Epic series, the end can be dismissed as a hangover cure for all time.

With the end approaching, what do y'all (in Colorado/Denver) think about trying to get a Vertical Epic tasting together? I don't have the whole line, maybe 5 or years, but would like to see them gone for a) tasting them and b) making room in my "cellar"

Any ideas?

2. Steve_0

Steve_0 Mar 14, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Sounds like a good idea, although I have to say in the past year I have had '05-'11 and they are not holding up well at all. Very poorly designed idea.

yeahnatenelson and tacosandbeer like this.
  3. StonedTrippin

StonedTrippin May 28, 2011 Colorado

only have the '10 to contribute, but id be keen!

4. joshclauss

joshclauss Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I would pay my way into this in beer, but I think I'll be able to get the gist of it from everyone on BA posting their collective disappointment at once. Come to think of it, the Internet might explode before the Earth does.

5. biking4beer

biking4beer Oct 5, 2006 Colorado

Might be fun. I think I only have 7s left. Couldn't let the others sit. Probably shouldn't have left that 7 sit either. They just didn't seem like they were really getting better. Still a cool concept.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  6. biking4beer

Just checked, and I have a 6 too, which iirc, was one of my favorites of the ones I had. Although, 6 years is a long time for most beers.

7. ShogoKawada

ShogoKawada May 31, 2009 Pennsylvania

I have been waiting for these reviews forever.... muahahaha

8. biking4beer

Guessing some will be pretty bad?

ShogoKawada likes this.
  9. TicoCali

TicoCali Jul 25, 2010 California

Cant wait to hear the outcome

10. ArrogantB

ArrogantB Jun 9, 2006 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Just wait until people do the Bruery 12 days of Christmas vertical, I predict a lot of .rar walez dissapointment. :cool:

tacosandbeer likes this.
  11. ShogoKawada

those beers have a halfway decent chance at aging OK... VE on the other hand...

tacosandbeer likes this.
  12. ShogoKawada

Oh wait I was thinking of the anniv. beers. Yeah, 12 days of xmas is gonna be funny too.

ArrogantB likes this.
  13. yeahnatenelson

yeahnatenelson Feb 8, 2010 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Who's ready to drink a 10+ year old Witbier????

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe