The Festival 2013 Portland Maine Edition - June 21-22

Discussion in 'New England' started by Jason, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jason

Jason Founder Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Site Editor Fest Crew Subscriber

So who is planning on attending this year?

When:
    Friday, June 21, 2013 at 6:30 PM - Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM (EDT)

Where:
    Portland Company Complex (aka Portland Yacht Services Building)
    58 Fore St Portland, ME 04101

Tickets & Info:
    http://thefestival2013-beeradvocate.eventbrite.com

2. polishkaz

polishkaz May 30, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I'll be there with my fiancé and 8 of my closest friends. 3 of us went last year and it was easily the best beer festival I've ever been to. Can't wait for the vintage Drie Fontenien!

3. jamvt

jamvt Aug 5, 2005 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Kicking off my bachelor party weekend with the festival.

sandman3479, polishkaz and Ganglani like this.
  4. brikelly

brikelly Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I'll be there on the Friday night session. Cannot wait.

Look for the tall guy with glasses having multiple beergasms at the cantillon table.

5. youbrewidrink

youbrewidrink Apr 9, 2009 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Please don't drink it all, I won't be there until early Saturday:)

bostonbeans and brikelly like this.
  6. brikelly

Beer Trader

I can't promise anything when loons are involved :)

But I'm sure it will be like last year where they had distinct allocations per session so that everyone gets a chance to try something of each. Of course, the popular stuff can still run out mid session but last year there were very few things that I missed out on, mostly because I camped at Mr. Van Roy's table for an hour at the start....

7. hiphopipa

hiphopipa Jul 19, 2008 Maine
    Beer Trader

Saturday afternoon tix here. Can't wait. Its going to be a great weekend, seeing David Byrne at the State the night before.

OtisCampbell and jkane101 like this.
  8. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

I'll be there saturday afternoon. Probably wear my green Offshore Ale hat. Say hi. I really hope the drink ticket max doesnt hinder my enjoyment.

I'm eager to see exactly what beers will be there from all the brewers. Hope they update that soon.

9. ElGallo

ElGallo Sep 26, 2009 New Hampshire

Going to the Saturday day session. Very excited for 3F, Loons, Struise, and HF, but equally excited for breweries we never see up here, like Westbrook. Mexican Cake perhaps?

10. WanderingFool

WanderingFool Aug 7, 2002 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

I'll be there Saturday afternoon. Last year's fest was one of the best I've ever been too and I can't wait to see what happens this year.

11. Maxwell

Maxwell Apr 2, 2012 Massachusetts

I'll be there Friday and I am quite jazzed up for the experience! I just wish Maine's festival laws allowed us to try more of the beers/ciders/meads being poured...

12. benbking

benbking Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

Saturday evening session, cannot wait.

13. Bowdoinbeerboy

Bowdoinbeerboy Sep 28, 2006 Maine

I will be volunteering at the Friday session and attending one of the others, likely Saturday afternoon.

Cantillon and HF here I come!

14. Trevdawg

Trevdawg Feb 9, 2012 New Hampshire

Saturday Day session. Then hitting Novare Res or Infiniti.

15. Luk13

Luk13 May 25, 2009 Quebec (Canada)

They keep upping the antes. 3F Intense Red, Zwanze '12, Lambic Haute densité and now one old 3F Oude Gueuze at each session ('98, '99 and 2001). I'm really surprised people aren't all over this. Already booked the two first sessions, it's going to be awesome :)

Trevdawg likes this.
  16. rudzud

rudzud Apr 28, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I will be volunteering, like I did last year, the first 2 sessions then attending the third. I worked the Cantillon table last year, anxious for more outstanding moments this year!

17. rudzud

Beer Trader

I definitely seem to recall you!

brikelly likes this.
  18. blckout20

blckout20 May 24, 2012 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Got my tickets this evening for the Saturday afternoon session.

19. duchessedubourg

duchessedubourg Nov 2, 2007 Vermont
    Beer Trader

Someone just sent me some interior shots of 58 Fore St. where a recent event was held. If it is the same space, it sure is nothing like the place in Worcester. Looks like an old warehouse with peeling paint and industrial lighting. Any locals chime in?

20. jbertsch

jbertsch Dec 14, 2008 Massachusetts

I assume this is it? http://www.portlandcompany.com/event.html
    Some pictures look a lot better than others. Kinda rustic in a cool way. Either way it'll be good times.

21. duchessedubourg

Beer Trader

Looks like there are multiple floors. Things are looking up then.

22. Davl22

Davl22 Sep 27, 2011 New Hampshire
    Subscriber Beer Trader

It's basically a giant boat warehouse, its very cool, only one floor, two giant open rooms

jamvt likes this.
  23. duchessedubourg

Beer Trader

At least it had lots & lots of windows!

24. brikelly

Beer Trader

Will it have awesome beer served in it?

Why, yes?

All set!

25. ToasterChef

ToasterChef Mar 26, 2008 Maine

It's a cool looking space, but I've been in there for a some events where the temperature gets very hot. Hopefully this won't be an issue, but if the 22nd is a hot day, the afternoon session could be roasty. Maybe I'll ask for my Cantillion pours to be chilled :D

26. rudzud

Beer Trader

If how things went last year stay true for this year, the Cantillon was kept in ice buckets as it got quite warm as well (not as warm as the side room by the elevators though). I'm sure we'll be pouring it so fast that it won't have a chance to bake in a Maine Summer.

27. DaSolomon

DaSolomon Oct 12, 2011 New York

Going to the saturday night session, I cannot wait! Maybe someone can answer this for me... will there be any bottles sold at the event itself?

28. benbking

benbking Dec 11, 2009 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

No. But there will be Posters and T shirts.

29. DaSolomon

DaSolomon Oct 12, 2011 New York

Awesome that is good to know. Any bottle shares being organized during the weekend?

30. duchessedubourg

Beer Trader

About a gazillion. Watch the thread. I'm hauling a case of OR beers to my summer rental - just not sure where to host it yet (2 mi. from Old Port.

31. brikelly

Beer Trader

Great to hear - I would love to participate!

32. Lukaduke

Lukaduke May 22, 2012 Maine

Yup its basically a big empty warehouse... but its got that Maine boatyard character that I enjoy, but no nothing like Mechanics hall. There is a beach and a large open park (eastern prom) for a picinic within a quarter mile walk along the ocean to go relax and cool down or the old port right there for food and more delicious beverages. I have found the place to get very hot very quick and hope it is nothing like that sun room at the festival last year. I felt bad for the brewers who had that spot...

33. wiresiren

wiresiren Mar 6, 2012 New Hampshire

My husband and I will be volunteering all sessions.

34. JDurand

JDurand Jan 29, 2007 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

If anyone is looking for Saturday day-session tixs (2), please contact me as I have a work conflict.

35. soulkeeper1369

soulkeeper1369 Jun 18, 2007 Maine
    Beer Trader

Volunteer for saturday afternoon session, can't wait.

36. beerinmaine

beerinmaine Jun 20, 2009 Maine

In addition to the various after-parties and surely countless bottle-shares, Nosh is planning a day-after event with Oxbow which includes an outdoor beer garden and closing off part of the street (Oak St) to make space.

37. juliusseizure

juliusseizure Feb 11, 2009 New York
    Beer Trader

Is the ticket max what they can give out at once or is that the max and you can't purchase additional tickets once there?

38. Todd

Todd Founder Aug 23, 1996 Colorado
    Staff Moderator Site Editor Fest Crew Subscriber

It's the max; Maine State Law. Period.

39. brikelly

Beer Trader

Can we rally enough Mainers to ram a change to the law through before the date rolls around? C'mon there's gotta be some vacationland lobbyists on BA :)

40. codasnap52

codasnap52 Jan 24, 2008 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Anyone know how many tickets are left for the sessions? I saw they took the number of tickets remaining off of the website. Still on the fence for this, but if a BA coupon code shows up or a sellout is imminent I'll try to rally the troops like I did last year. :)

Bizoneill likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe