The Festival- Portland beer fest regulations leave sour taste in organizer’s mouth

Discussion in 'New England' started by LostTraveler, Jun 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brikelly

brikelly Pundit (781) Apr 11, 2010 Massachusetts

Someone's got sours?

I'll have some, thx

2. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

So they did little to no research and now whine about it?

CypherEnigma likes this.
  3. mclaughlindw4

mclaughlindw4 Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2009 Maine

A lack if due diligence and stupid laws. There was another good article in press herald today about it. These were all thoughts I've been having for weeks.

4. opwog

opwog Initiate (0) Jun 16, 2008 Minnesota

Many festivals in many states are run this way with volunteers. The 48 oz limit might be unique, but I don't think that the volunteer requirement is a problem (except for the fact that this one festival had a problem finding some). It has been a number of years since I have gone, but doesn't GABF require that volunteers pour? I know that it used to be that way when I went. But representatives of the brewery can always be around the table still to talk to those receiving the pours. In fact, it frees up even more time for the breweries to do so.

5. Jnorton00

Jnorton00 Initiate (0) Apr 13, 2007 Massachusetts

I think it was the fact that they didn't get breaks and weren't able to sample anything. Aside from the free session where they could get 48 oz potentially that's not much incentive to give up 6 hours of your day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.