The Great Taste of the MW tickets

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by lovethebelgians, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovethebelgians

lovethebelgians Initiate (0) Apr 25, 2013 Illinois

Does anybody know where the best place to buy tickets is going to be this year? We went to Steve's at Junction the first year and that rocked, wanted to know if there was any location where you could camp out because the Steve's location has moved and now you can't camp out anymore. Any advice or ideas on what alternatively I should do?

2. Mrpickles

Mrpickles Initiate (0) May 4, 2009 Wisconsin

Are you sure you can't camp out there again? They still have all the green space, it is just on the other side of their building now...

3. lovethebelgians

I asked the employee if people were still gonna camp out and he said he wouldn't advise it. I know if it's true I am totally bummed

4. Rihup

Rihup Disciple (391) Oct 7, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

I am driving up from Illinois that morning. I am going to get up there around 10 in the morning. Is this too late to get a ticket?

5. Lansman

Lansman Aspirant (248) Mar 19, 2011 Missouri
    Trader

The answer, as with many of these things, is a resounding maybe.

6. Rihup

Trader

I guess I will have to roll the dice and hope for the best.

7. GonkDroid

GonkDroid Initiate (0) Apr 30, 2011 Illinois

I always got tickets at Steve's University, but I guess they're not selling tickets there this year. Do the other spots have easily accessible bathrooms/food like the Walgreens and grocery store next to Steve's University?

8. lovethebelgians

10 is cutting it pretty close especially since it has gotten more popular every year rihup

9. maximum12

maximum12 Poo-Bah (5,309) Jan 21, 2008 Minnesota
    Society Trader

I doubt the folks at the liquor store would enthusiastically endorsing a bunch of drinking going on all night right outside their store...it's been going on for years, & I for one will be pitching my tent again this ticket season.

Unless, of course, definitive word comes out that it is verboten.

10. slaneja

slaneja Initiate (0) Mar 26, 2010 Indiana

Even if you don't get lucky on the lottery (I know the feeling...), still go to the fest if you can. Last year I was able to buy two tickets each at face value literally in less than 5 minutes of showing up at the event. No haggling required either.

11. Rihup

Trader

I went last year and it was a blast. I am going to try to get off early and get there by 9. There is a group of 8 of us going and they don't want to risk getting tickets last minute. If anybody is coming from out of town the Clarion Suites have rooms at a special great taste of the Midwest rate if 99 a night and its within waking distance.

12. GGsMustache668

GGsMustache668 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin

How about Cork and Bottle or Star? How early before noon would be a good time to get in line?

13. pvllbum

pvllbum Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2007 Illinois

im not saying where i get tickets cause thats just me but the line where ive been going has been cut off by 9am the last two years...just saying

14. GGsMustache668

GGsMustache668 Initiate (0) Jan 8, 2013 Wisconsin

Thank you?

15. lovethebelgians

I only say it because the guy told me they don't own the greenspace at this new location and there might be issue with that. Let me know if you succeed this year, because Steve's was the best location that was a lot of fun

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.