Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

The Old Man and the Beer (Denver style)

Discussion in 'Mountain' started by Mebuzzard, Feb 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mebuzzard

Mebuzzard May 19, 2005 Colorado

Who'd like to do a Brewery crawl on Saturday the 23rd?
    See, I'm getting old and will turn 40 on Wednesday. To keep my inner glow (Soul Glo anyone?) I need beer so here's my plan of attack with () indicating maybes. All times "-ish" And I really don't care about schedules, but...

Pre-game (Black Shirt)
    3pm Our Mutual Friend
    4pm RiverNorth
    5:30 pm Breck (food)
    7pm Great Divide
    8pm (Star Bar)
    9pm Wymkoop
    10pm Denver Beer Co
    Sunday Prost
  2. ssteigerwald

ssteigerwald Mar 4, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I'll be doing a beer crawl of my own on Saturday, for my 42nd...the wife is my DD. Heading to some of the same places; OMF, BSB, etc. Hitting Rickoli, Hops and Pie, Falling Rock too (maybe). Maybe we can hook up at some point.
    Mebuzzard likes this.
  3. Domingo

Domingo Apr 23, 2005 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I might be able to drop-in earlier in the day. My wife has some kind of agenda for the evening, so I probably can't have too much.
  4. SFACRKnight

SFACRKnight Jan 20, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Sexual Chocolate!

Happy Birthday...
    Mebuzzard likes this.
  5. joshclauss

joshclauss Oct 31, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

Holy poopers that's a looong day. Drop me a line when you get to your first stop.
  6. Mebuzzard

You know what they say about guys with long days? Cuz I don't....

Yeah, that's the plan anyway. Not aiming to achieve it, but ya never know.
  7. ucsbmullet

ucsbmullet Oct 5, 2011 Colorado
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Wish I lived in Denver. Ssteigerwald and Mebuzzard, looked like I missed you guys up at River North 1 year Anniv. I was clown sitting near the barrel aged taps with the baby right when they opened.
  8. DenverBeerDrinker

DenverBeerDrinker Apr 5, 2012 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I missed the guys also. I was there at opening and joined shortly by Joshclauss.
  9. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

Looks like I'll be shooting for OMF or maybe even just BSB...but Sunday it's on like Donkey Kong.
  10. karlbronson

karlbronson Feb 15, 2010 Colorado
    Beer Trader

I will try to stop by one of the locations to say happy birthday to you.
  11. Mebuzzard

Gonna move the time to 3:30. Girlfriend has a "special lunch" planned, but what tell me what. I'm trying to plan beer drinking for Pete's sake! :eek:
  12. Domingo

Subscriber Beer Trader

So, 3:30 at BSB? I'm confused and hurt.
  13. Mebuzzard

Haha...me too. I'm aiming at 330 for BSB. I've never been so I'm not exact on the route to take to get there...how long to walk. I think I told others 4pm on facebook, but most of those people are peasants and not beer geeks. They can arrive at 4 :cool:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!