The Other Side of the Hop: Homebrewing with Debittered Leaf

Discussion in 'Article Comments' started by BeerAdvocate, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeerAdvocate

BeerAdvocate Founders (16,536) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts

Concentrated hop products like Cryo Hops and Hop Hash from Yakima Chief Hops deliver on their promise of more aroma and flavor, but what of the subtler side of things? What about all of the other hop material that falls by the wayside in the pursuit of concentration?

Read the full article: The Other Side of the Hop: Homebrewing with Debittered Leaf

2. NeroFiddled

NeroFiddled Poo-Bah (11,549) Jul 8, 2002 Pennsylvania
    Society Trader

Interesting article, but lacking any real information about Yakima Chief's “American Noble Debittered Leaf” hops. I checked out the Yakima Chief website but didn't find anything there either - maybe I just missed it.

3. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (4,532) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Jim, you are correct that there is not much information on this product on the YCH website. When I visited the YCH booth at HomebrewCon 2018 (Portland, OR) they were giving away free samples of this product (I did not accept any since I was uncertain how to use them).

There is a discussion on the AHA homebrewing forum:

https://www.homebrewersassociation.org/forum/index.php?topic=32190.0

Cheers!

4. JackHorzempa

Society

5. JackHorzempa

Society

I would think that vendors would charge more for aged hops. The product from YCH is essentially the 'waste' from producing cryo hops which I would expect to be priced more economically.

Cheers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.