The “Perfect” Brewery - A Thought By Raul

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by RaulMondesi, Mar 30, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JackHorzempa

JackHorzempa Poo-Bah (5,828) Dec 15, 2005 Pennsylvania
    Society

Well, hopefully you will be able to visit and stay awhile next month.

Cheers!

arizcards likes this.
  2. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,869) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

They brewed batches of STiVO with FW 2 years ago, was that perhaps the one you reference?

3. hudsonvalleyslim

hudsonvalleyslim Disciple (366) May 29, 2003 Massachusetts

Ah, the late great Willie Sutton!

4. hudsonvalleyslim

Yes, and they brew fine ales, IPA and barrel beers under the moniker Springdale.

5. BigIronH

BigIronH Poo-Bah (1,935) Oct 31, 2019 Michigan
    Society Trader

I think Founders is the low hanging fruit here. It’s hard to name a style they don’t do, let alone one they don’t do outstanding.

Junior and PapaGoose03 like this.
  6. hopfenunmaltz

hopfenunmaltz Poo-Bah (1,912) Jun 8, 2005 Michigan
    Society

That could be it. Two days of PtY dulls the memory.

7. Providence

Providence Champion (829) Feb 24, 2010 Rhode Island
    Trader

I have seen many things from Springdale but none have sounded that interesting. But, given their connection to Jack’s Abby, I’m sure it’s all great. I’ll have to pick something up eventually. Any specific suggestions?

8. jakecattleco

jakecattleco Poo-Bah (2,869) Sep 3, 2008 California
    Society Trader

Oh I hear that! All day Sunday happy hour and PtE have gotten me in hot water with the wife more than once. Pretty sure if she had her way I wouldn't get to go to Santa Rosa on a Sunday ever again.

9. BillAfromSoCal

BillAfromSoCal Zealot (585) Aug 24, 2020 California

my idea of a perfect brewery? One within walking distance from my house so I don't have to worry about a designated driver. Always have a good hazy IPA and a barrel aged stout on tap. A great menu with food prices that won't break the bank. A nice outdoor seating area with vegetation and a water feature. Knowlegable servers who can help me choose something other than the normal go-to IPA or stout. And they serve flights for days when I can't decide. Also some nice wines for my non-beer drinking family members. And the menu describes the hop and malt mix for each beer. And the beers are served in style-appropriate glassware. And they have fun indoor and outdoor games (cornhole, horseshoes, bocci, darts, shuffleboard etc.)

10. hudsonvalleyslim

They seem to come out with new varieties almost every week but I loved the 'Good N You IPA', one of the better NEIPAs that I've had.

Providence and Singlefinpin like this.
  11. Singlefinpin

Singlefinpin Poo-Bah (1,814) Jul 17, 2018 North Carolina
    Society Trader

No such thing as Perfection.
    I like a brewery that specializes in something, and does it really well, German styles, IPAs, Browns, Stouts, whatever, and enjoy the best of the best that they have.
    To me? That's as close to perfection as I'm bound to find.
    And, if I can walk there? Even better!
    Cheers!

PapaGoose03 likes this.
  12. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Poo-Bah (1,788) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Society Trader

Look for the Kölsch

Providence and mrmattosgood like this.
  13. RacerX5k

RacerX5k Devotee (478) Feb 11, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I'm not going to read the thread, will just say Raul is the best reviewer on the site today. I am also the biggest fan of the hilarious Buckeye Nation, maybe the best reviewer of all time. I will say the funniest, most inappropriate, I'm laughing my ass off as i type this review i ever read was something about some banned BA taking it in EVERY possible hole for an particular beer, i don't remember which one, only that it was HILARIOUS. Back in the day, when we we funny..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.