The Pliny Mobile Rolls into Austin on 3/18

Discussion in 'US - South' started by BrewerB, Mar 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrewerB

BrewerB Mar 5, 2008 North Carolina

I had posted this in the ISO:FT IP but haven't gotten any takers so figured I'd try here.

My fiance and I are traveling from San Francisco to Tampa and brought with us a small amount of Pliny the Elder to share with BAers along the way. We'll be in Austin on 3/18 and are looking for 3 folks who can meet up at The Ginger Man that evening, after 9:30pm. We plan to be there for a couple pints worth of time.

Ideally these beers are going to people who haven't yet had a chance to try any PtE.

As I said in my other post, you're welcome to buy us a pint in exchange for the Pliny but a high five and a thank you are totally sufficient. No monetary offering will be accepted!

The first 3 folks who can commit to meeting up tomorrow after 9:30PM at The Ginger Man will get these beers.

Cheers!

2. aschwab

aschwab Mar 3, 2009 Texas

Just recommend Draughthouse over the Gingerman, but that is just me.

I have had plenty of Pliny in my day, so I will let others claim this. Have a good time in Austin.

BrewerB, nsheehan and cfrobrew like this.
  3. cfrobrew

cfrobrew Oct 9, 2012 Texas

If you happened to pick up anything else you'd like to trade on your way through Houston shoot a message over. I too have had plenty of Pliny.

4. videofrog

videofrog Nov 13, 2010 Texas
    Trader

As I've never had Pliny, would love to take you up on this, but that's past my bedtime on a school night. Your generosity is appreciated nonetheless! Enjoy the post-SXSW lack of crowds!

Also, what @aschwab said about Draughthouse.

5. thewrongtone

thewrongtone Oct 15, 2006 Arkansas

I live in the DMZ far away from Austin. Just wanted to poke my head in and tell you to hit up Jester King if you get the chance.

Also, get some Austin Beerworks Heavy Machinery DIPA while in ATX.

Double Also, you seem to be really cool, and I hope you have a great time in the Republic.

BrewerB likes this.
  6. miikezombie

miikezombie Aug 13, 2010 Texas

@BrewerB was my 1st trade partner and an all around great/generous dude. My porch needs repairs due to the mammoth boxes he sends. Too bad I can't make the drive up due to work. Next time. Cheers.

Krumb likes this.
  7. BrewerB

Per the great recommendations above, let's make our meeting place Draughthouse rather than The Ginger Man.

BgThang, videofrog and aschwab like this.
  8. DamianX13

DamianX13 Sep 18, 2012 Texas

I would love to try pte if its still up.

9. blatherbeard

blatherbeard Sep 30, 2007 Texas

Makes me wish i didnt hate ipas :wink:

I too recommend Draughthouse over Gingerman.

And kudos to you for being a great Advocate!

BrewerB likes this.
  10. BrewerB

Indeed it is. BM me your contact details (email or phone) and we can coordinate more exact timing.

11. DamianX13

Got my PtE from BrewerB. Will probably drink tomorrow. Thank you so much again. You are the man.

nsheehan and aschwab like this.
  12. BrewerB

Enjoy the beer, sir! You are welcome.

nsheehan, BgThang, UHCougar12 and 3 others like this.
  13. DamianX13

Drank it last night. At 5 weeks old the beer was pretty much near perfect. Definitely lived up to the hype!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.