The Worst Beer you have EVER had?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Drew88, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leantom

leantom Champion (800) Nov 20, 2011 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Founders Backwoods Bastard.

JMS1512 likes this.
  2. Stagga_Lee

Stagga_Lee Initiate (0) Jul 22, 2014 Massachusetts

Get outta town holmes!

Masters and leantom like this.
  3. Hophazzard

Hophazzard Initiate (191) Aug 16, 2014 California

They're not the worst beers obviously but the beers that I've tried and liked the least were 2 really popular ones. I couldn't stand Russian River Temptation, it tasted like a strong and cheap white wine , and the other was Gulden Draak, which I just thought was awful. Both are made very well, I just did not like the taste of either.

The worst beer ever made in my opinion is Bud Light Lime. Just disgusting!

4. John9059

John9059 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2014 Kentucky

Tried falls city today after talking with you guys. its a local thing. While it is craft its kind of bad.

5. Clemsontiger81

Clemsontiger81 Initiate (0) May 6, 2014 South Carolina

King Cobra. Every since I played Edward 40 hands at a party...makes me sick just thinking about it.

6. John9059

John9059 Initiate (0) Sep 5, 2014 Kentucky

Actually after trying Bud Light and Natural light, i dont think there is anything worse than natural light.

StrappingYoungLad likes this.
  7. leantom

Beer Trader

lol

8. epyon396

epyon396 Champion (895) Jan 12, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Leinenkugel Summer Shandy.
    60% lemonade mix, 40% piss.

9. Nick4444

Nick4444 Disciple (343) Oct 27, 2013 Texas
    Subscriber Beer Trader

A New Zealand brew (I shan't name it because I am a strong admirer of New Zealand culture, people, and the New Zealand All Blacks) I drank because it was the main offering at an informal get together set up by one of the more prominent professors in the political science department at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, who favored it, even though he was an immigrant from Germany -- I'm surprised I never hurled, given that it smelled and tasted like formaldehyde -- yuck!!!!

10. MoistPope

MoistPope Initiate (0) Jan 10, 2013 California

Old Orange Brewing - Thumb Master DIPA. Avoid like the plague.

11. Motleydrunk56

Motleydrunk56 Devotee (417) Jun 26, 2014 California

Millwaukee`s Best.Nasty.

12. WTKeene

WTKeene Defender (667) Jul 13, 2013 New Mexico
    Beer Trader

This year's vintage of last year's favorite.

13. Derranged

Derranged Devotee (479) Mar 7, 2010 New York

14. Milchad

Milchad Initiate (0) Aug 13, 2014 North Carolina

Swiss Lowenbrau. Drank it on a fake id many years go and remember hating it. Who knows, maybe I'd like it now that I'm all grown up. But more recently, I'd have to say Miller 64, Bud Select or Michelob Ultra. All those "Diet" beers suck.

15. brureview

brureview Meyvn (1,260) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

Along with its upstate cousin, Utica Club.

John_Beeryman likes this.
  16. brureview

brureview Meyvn (1,260) Jan 20, 2012 Massachusetts

I have a bottle of Rogue Voodoo which I haven't opened.

17. WreckedPalate

WreckedPalate Initiate (153) Aug 14, 2013 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Horny Goat Wiscon-Zin IIPA. Citra hopped IIPA with Zinfandel grape juice added prior to fermentation. It would have been very good without the horrible wine flavor

18. larryarms847

larryarms847 Poo-Bah (1,775) Dec 12, 2010 Illinois
    Subscriber Beer Trader

Well it is brewed for Walgreens...big red flag right there.

19. larryarms847

Subscriber Beer Trader

Really? I've got one of these bad boys in my cellar right now, I love me some Dirty Bastard so I'm unsure how I could not like Backwoods. What didn't you like about it? Do you normally enjoy Dirty Bastard?

leantom likes this.
  20. Kylo76

Kylo76 Disciple (359) Aug 29, 2014 Arizona
    Beer Trader

Rogue voodoo, so very awful. I was in Newport at their bay front bar and tried it and gave it back to them. They were pissed and said I didn't understand the flavor, haha. Stupid marketing gimmick

21. lester619

lester619 Zealot (511) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Spot-on description. That stuff is as bad as shit gets.

AntG21 likes this.
  22. FEUO

FEUO Disciple (327) Jul 24, 2012 Ontario (Canada)

Most Nogne O beers I've had.

23. dipalova

dipalova Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2013 Connecticut

DFH. TWEASONAL...THE ONE AND ONLY BEER I DIDN'T, COULDN'T, WOULDN'T FINISH..THE ABSOLUTE WORST BEER EVER.. IMO

24. bryreeves

bryreeves Initiate (0) Oct 25, 2012 Massachusetts

Milwaukee's Best is a misnomer... Worst - Beer - Ever. Sweet, almost no hops and light...

25. Lionhearted1987

Lionhearted1987 Initiate (0) Jun 26, 2014 Georgia
    Beer Trader

Founder's Curmudgeon. I'm not sure if it was the beer or the old ale style that I hated. Have not tried any other old ales, as Curmudgeon turned me off to the style. Tasted like I was drinking licorice or shitty liquor.

26. leantom

Beer Trader

I've reviewed both. I love Dirty Bastard and other Scotch ales. However, the bourbon taste is BB is overwhelming, so much so that I couldn't really taste the ale. It's almost like a watered-down bourbon.

27. gatheredwaters

gatheredwaters Zealot (502) May 1, 2014 New Mexico
    Beer Trader

BridgePort Brewing Co. Aussie Salute IPA…it was months ago but I'm still like wtf kind of salute was that. I'd be pissed if I was Australian.

28. KingCobra686

KingCobra686 Initiate (199) Aug 13, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

I have also had that Desperados french beer. Ive had beers like Agave Maria that were tequila barrel aged and they were pretty good, but this just tasted like a corona and tequila mixed together

29. Jirin

Jirin Aspirant (282) Apr 28, 2013 Massachusetts

Harpoon winter warmer.

I remember thinking "This tastes like Shipyard Pumpkinhead, but worse". The only time I remember buying a beer at a bar and not finishing it.

30. beerkim

beerkim Initiate (0) Sep 20, 2012 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

BEAST aka Milwaukee's Best and (Chinese) Snowflake beer. Both millerSAB family beers that should have never been produced and the creators need to be found and shot.

31. spacecake9

spacecake9 Meyvn (1,162) Apr 26, 2014 Illinois
    Subscriber Beer Trader

I was not sure what I would say to this question. But I agree with an earlier response - Cave Creek Chili Beer. This was a bad idea executed poorly. Could not finish it. Fortunately part of a mixed six-pack so I was only out a buck.

32. jjchristiano

jjchristiano Aspirant (253) Sep 24, 2009 New Jersey

A dead tie for last/worst for me
    Leinenkugel's Berry Weiss
    Moosehead Light Lime

33. Ngntjp

Ngntjp Disciple (367) Jul 29, 2014 Virginia
    Beer Trader

I hated southern tier's warlock. Granted I'm not a "pumpkin" beer kind of guy, but that taste reminded me of how a kindergarten classroom's guinea pig cage smells. I just plain abhorred that beer. My, and my girlfriend's, first ever drain pours. I'm very hesitant to try pumking as a result as so many people are saying it tastes very similar. But, again, not a pumpkin beer guy in the least.

34. tviz33

tviz33 Initiate (0) Jul 25, 2012 New York
    Beer Trader

Liquid Burt's Bees

35. dradair

dradair Initiate (0) Jun 5, 2014 Missouri

The worst beer I have had, if you would have asked me before last week I would have said Miller High Life, but I have recently tried Shock Top's Honey Bourbon Wheat, I don't even know how this beer came into existence.

36. Rav4pudge

Rav4pudge Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

37. mactrail

mactrail Poo-Bah (7,368) Mar 24, 2009 Washington
    Beer Trader

You guys who complain about crap lagers and malt liquors-- smack your lips over some "gluten free" beer-like beverages and you'll have something to brag about. For me the worst in a very mangy litter was Glutenator from the otherwise reliable Epic Brewing.

302BeerGuy likes this.
  38. metsfan1

metsfan1 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2012 California
    Beer Trader

Hands down, 559 IPA from W Brewing. Tasted like burned plastic. Pretty much the consensus for anyone with the misfortune to try it.

39. patre_tim

patre_tim Poo-Bah (1,737) Mar 29, 2012 Thailand

Brona, a China beer supposedly from Germany. Couldn't finish it.

40. larryarms847

Subscriber Beer Trader

Gotcha, well hopefully the time in my cellar tones that down a bit!

leantom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.