The Worst Beer you have EVER had?

Discussion in 'Beer Talk' started by Drew88, Mar 14, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smooth_aleing

smooth_aleing Initiate (0) Apr 4, 2013 New York
    Deactivated

Something about that beer when I had it tasted like the milk left over in a bowl from Frosted Flakes. Strange indeed.

2. Goldndomer

Goldndomer Initiate (0) Nov 8, 2010 Pennsylvania

hotsudge likes this.
  3. smooth_aleing

Deactivated

With all due respect, I have to disagree. This beer is my jam in the summer. Give it another shot, maybe with a slice of watermelon soaking in the glass.

OSURoss likes this.
  4. lester619

lester619 Initiate (0) Apr 17, 2009 Wisconsin

Someday I have to try that maple doughnut stuff. I'm sure it's every bit as awful as everyone says, but after years of hearing about it I'm curious to see for myself.

StrappingYoungLad and hotsudge like this.
  5. smooth_aleing

Deactivated

Recently had Stone's Matt's Burning Rosids. Nice story and all behind it, but that shit is gross.

Rogue's Chocolate Stout was liquified chocolate cake. Nasty.

hotsudge and alexk307 like this.
  6. DVMin98

DVMin98 Poo-Bah (3,581) Nov 1, 2010 North Carolina
    Moderator Society Trader

Other than some infected beers I've had, its either Morimoto Soba Ale or Razzy Xpress from Twisted Pine. The Morimoto just had this thin bodied horrific flavor. Razzy Express tasted like swamp water piss with a hint of spoiled raspberries.

7. cherche

cherche Meyvn (1,152) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Trader

Your grandpappy was an OG.

8. cherche

cherche Meyvn (1,152) Mar 27, 2013 Washington
    Trader

last night i had an Oak Creek Hefeweizen and I dont know if there was just something wrong with the bottle or something but hands down the worst beer I have had in a LONG time...

A couple others that some enjoy that I despise are Ft George Oatmeal Pale Ale and 21st Amendment's Hell or High Watermelon...

9. JamesQuaff

JamesQuaff Initiate (0) Jun 30, 2010 California

My lady brought home a Blue Moon winter variety 12'er once. Why, I don't know. The Caramel Apple Spiced Ale was so foul that we integrated it into our poker game - if someone successfully bluffed you holding a 7-2, not only did you have to flip everyone else in the game a dollar, you had to drink 4 ounces of that horrid swill. Fun, fun times. That game got blufftastic with everyone trying to get everyone else to make the Blue Moon face.

10. Treyliff

Treyliff Poo-Bah (4,629) Aug 10, 2010 West Virginia
    Society Trader

My first and only drain pour was 21st Amendment Watermelon Wheat

irv2424 and NickRivers like this.
  11. jefffalcone

jefffalcone Initiate (0) Nov 9, 2013 Massachusetts

12. beerthulhu

beerthulhu Poo-Bah (4,598) Jan 14, 2008 New Jersey
    Society

momma mia pizza beer.

13. JoeBloe

JoeBloe Zealot (591) Nov 16, 2007 New York

A particular bottle of Heineken that was offered to me by a neighbor I was doing a favor for -I never thought a beer, even Heineken, could get as skunked as this - He opened it and and handed it to me and I felt obliged to drink it in front of him - no good deed goes unpunished...

VABA likes this.
  14. DrumKid003

DrumKid003 Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2013 Oklahoma

Anything Lindemans, I've never been able to take more than one sip before I almost keeled over from how bad it was. A very, very close second would have to go to Blue Moon Agave Nectar, I needed something to drink out on the lake and unfortunately it was the last thing in the cooler. This is probably the closest I've ever come to drain pouring a beer, and I'm going to assume I saved a few fish by not pouring this out in the lake.

15. Rochefort10nh

Rochefort10nh Savant (900) Sep 30, 2005 New Hampshire
    Trader

TongoRad likes this.
  16. mathieu87

mathieu87 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2011 Belgium

Pretty much everything from Fleurac.

17. Ckoz

Ckoz Aspirant (280) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Fixed Gear American Red Ale. Got this in some beer membership club my wife got me and it was literally the worst thing that ever touched my lips. I saw one left over in the back of the fridge and panicked. Threw it out immediately.

18. brandon911

brandon911 Initiate (0) Mar 15, 2011 Texas

I had Desperadoes tequila flavored beer last night. It tasted like someone poured lime Koolaid mix into an average AAL and sweetened it with agave nectar. I'm glad I split the bottle with three people. Friendship was also pretty awful, it had a weird alcoholic cola taste that was not good. I also add Andygator and Wild Blue to those.

19. Ilovelampandbeer

Ilovelampandbeer Initiate (0) Aug 25, 2013 New York

LMFAO i read the reviews on this beer and they have me dying
    i almost want to trade for it to see how bad this beer is...almost

20. Qbdoo

Qbdoo Initiate (0) Sep 1, 2013 Illinois
    Deactivated

Glad to see someone brought up Canadian Ace. Truly the worst ever - and yes, pre-skunked. A friend gave me some with a grin on his face. I spit it out and accused him of pissing in it. No, it's just that bad.

21. ThomasMetal75

ThomasMetal75 Initiate (0) Jun 15, 2009 Massachusetts

Jay, didn't that make you almost throw up in your video review of this? My worst craft beer I ever had was Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Stout. Made by the same folks that make Kentucky Ale, which is good. Tasted like Coke and coffee mixed together. It was a drain pourer!

The worst macro lager I ever had was Miller 64. It tasted sour and skunky and way too fizzy. But maybe that was because it came at the bar in a clear bottle.

22. Ondray

Ondray Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2014 Indiana

I forget the name of the beer but it was a smoked lager and it tasted horrible. To be fair though I'm not a huge fan of smoked beers, I could see why people like them but not a big fan.

23. Rochefort10nh

Rochefort10nh Savant (900) Sep 30, 2005 New Hampshire
    Trader

If you found one now it would be extra, extra awful as it was last brewed in 1999!!

24. Ondray

Ondray Initiate (0) Mar 6, 2014 Indiana

I heard that a lot of people hate Tiberian Inquisitor or either love it

25. jayfowens1

jayfowens1 Initiate (0) Apr 28, 2013 South Carolina

Green Flash Rayon Vert. It tasted like it was poured through an old sweaty gym sock

26. xk6m6m5x

xk6m6m5x Initiate (0) May 30, 2012 New Jersey

Dfh imort ale... Absolutley terrible

27. jwalden

jwalden Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2009 California

Steel Reserve 211.

Drew88 likes this.
  28. RWACKO

RWACKO Initiate (0) Jun 9, 2011 New York

Rogue chipolte ale

29. TooGood

TooGood Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2014 Minnesota

30. kwakwhore

kwakwhore Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2004 North Carolina

You probably got a bad bottle. Sucks is a great beer.

31. Papa_Lafayette

Papa_Lafayette Initiate (0) Sep 18, 2012 California

Headland Belgian Rye IPA. Straight-up Ketchup

32. kwakwhore

kwakwhore Initiate (0) Nov 1, 2004 North Carolina

Magic Hat no. 9 has a place on that list. Had some on tap and the artificial fruit essence was overwhelming.

sajaffe1 likes this.
  33. sajaffe1

sajaffe1 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2013 Utah

Hurricane Malt Liquor

34. TonyVT

TonyVT Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2012 Vermont

A leftover Old Milwaukee draft that had sat out all night in a red solo cup. I woke up in the morning and took a big gulp of it and found out the hard way that someone had dropped a couple cigarette butts in the cup.

35. tdmccarthy

tdmccarthy Initiate (0) May 6, 2010 Illinois

Probably true. The guy who sent it to me raved about it. Another beer trading buddy of mine had the same opinion as me. We both drain poured all but a couple ounces.

36. shnsajax

shnsajax Initiate (0) Jul 2, 2013 Idaho

I didn't understand the hype either. Smelled like popcorn and tasted unnatural.

Worst beer I had was in the 90's and was called Sports beer. White can and black writing. It gave you a headache while drinking it.

Drew88 likes this.
  37. Ayelikebeer

Ayelikebeer Initiate (0) Oct 30, 2012 Illinois

3Floyds Biggs Stache. Absolutely repugnant, and $35/bottle. Had it probably a year and a half ago and the scars are still with me.

38. Drew88

Drew88 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2013 New Jersey

You must have had a bad bottle or something. If you are talking about the Lake Front one, that was actually decent, I think I bought it twice.

39. Drew88

Drew88 Initiate (0) Sep 28, 2013 New Jersey

See, now it's post like this is why I made this thread. People are posting about craft beers with 60 or 70 ratings. I guess they have never drank a grenade left from the night before. lol

40. jzlyo

jzlyo Poo-Bah (2,452) Mar 4, 2012 Iowa
    Society

Without listing overly spicy or food flavors I don't care for in the first place, Sprecher Shakparo and all of the Minhas historical styles variety pack I had a couple of years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.