Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

This One Goes to 11

Discussion in 'Cellaring / Aging Beer' started by Michigan, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michigan

Michigan Oct 24, 2012 Michigan

Hi gang!

Sorry if this has been posted before. I see that Bell's continues to take kegs of This One Goes to 11 to Tap Takeovers. How age-able is this beer? It was sold in early October 2012 and it was DELICIOUS!!!

2. Andygirl

Andygirl Jan 3, 2013 Michigan

I think it will be very agreeable to cellaring given the wicked abv. I have 5 aging right now myself.

OnWisconsin likes this.
  3. Michigan

That 11% really snuck up on me the first time I had it.....

Andygirl likes this.
  4. wyatt13

wyatt13 Feb 13, 2011 Illinois

I just had my last bottle last night. Definitely not as hoppy (as expected), but I thought it was still a great beer. Way too drinkable for 11%.

5. RDMII

RDMII Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

I've got eight of them sitting for each year coming, anxious to see what it does.

6. imbibingmytime

imbibingmytime Aug 15, 2012 Wisconsin

They were so delicious and hoppy fresh that I consumed all mine right away. That being said if I still had bottles I would definitely sit on them for another year at least. In my experience these big dry-hopped beers go through an award phase. Fresh to 3 months they're great. After that its best to wait over 18 months or so.

7. divineaudio

divineaudio Dec 7, 2009 Michigan

I'm drinking one right now and it's still quite delicious. 4 months in and the hop profile has held up well while the boozy edge has subsided a bit.

Andygirl likes this.
  8. Gotti311

Gotti311 Mar 22, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

First off, I need to express my dislike for this beer. The malt sweetness seems way off on this one. To me this beer is an Imperial IPA and I would never age an imperial IPA. The only redeeming quality is the hops on this beer. Those will fade away and you will be left with all the insane malt. Maybe if that fades?

I actually though about aging a bottle just because I couldnt imagine drinking all 4 of them.

9. Michigan

Had one last night. Tasted stale. Just thought I'd update.

10. RDMII

RDMII Apr 11, 2010 Georgia

Had one last week, still pretty hoppy. No other off flavors though.

11. Pelagic

Pelagic Apr 26, 2013 Indiana
    Beer Trader

Thanks for the thread. I had a case but drank all of them right away. Love this beer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe