Thousand Oaks Recommendations

Discussion in 'US - West' started by ScottieD, Jun 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScottieD

ScottieD Initiate (0) Jul 30, 2011 Connecticut

I am from CT and headed to CA in early July for an annual visit to the in-laws. Will be in the Thousand Oaks area and wanted some recommendations on under-the-radar brewers and craft beer bars. As far as beers go, I have had the usual CA staple (can get Stone, Lagunitas, Green Flash here in CT) including many offerings from Lost Abbey, Port, Alesmith, Russian River, and Bear Republic. Have a palate for hoppier beers (although not adverse to other styles), so any brewers/beers that can be recommended would be appreciated.

As far as establishments go, I have been to Ladyface and Draughts along with some afternoons at Wades Wines in their tasting room. Not sure if there are any additional places that can be recommended. Also, has anyone been to Enegren and what is the consensus on their beers/brewery/tasting? I welcome any suggestions. Thanks.

2. tjensen3618

tjensen3618 Disciple (396) Mar 23, 2008 California

Enegren is good, subtle, balanced & tasty beers, they just expanded their tasting room and I've yet to drop by, its always been a good place for a pint or two.

Not as highly regarded by many BA's but I really dig both the food and beer at The Lab right near Wades and Ladyface.

Wades now has a nano brewery operating out of the shop called Sundowner Brewery, I haven't tried any of those though.

That's pretty much the rundown of the area besides what you already mentioned.

3. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

Enegren is solid. Definitely check them out.​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.