Three Floyds in Amsterdam?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by MCain04, May 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MCain04

MCain04 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 Texas

Was just talking to my brother who frequents a bottle shop in Amsterdam called Bierkoning. Apparenty they are advertising having received Three Floyds for sale, including ZD, Permanent Funeral, and Dark Lord.

This sounds a bit ridiculous, especially the Dark Lord, but has anyone seen rare FFF beer in Europe before? I imagine if this is true, it must be just a special relationship between the shop owner and the FFF brewers.

2. SatlyMalty

SatlyMalty Initiate (0) Sep 12, 2012 Washington

My guess is they traded for it.

3. TallSaint

TallSaint Aspirant (277) Dec 10, 2010 New York

I don't know about Amsterdam, but Mikkeller and Three Floyds have a very close relationship and the Mikkeller bars occasionally have Three Floyds in bottles or on tap. They had BB Vanilla Bean Dark Lord, Baller Stout, and ZD on tap for their new bar opening a couple of months ago.

[​IMG]

Edit - The Three Floyds "shelf" in the Mikkeller and Friends bottleshop: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...942.-2207520000.1367859460.&type=3&permPage=1

4. dirtylou

dirtylou Poo-Bah (3,703) May 12, 2005 District of Columbia
    Society Trader

Yes - have seen lots of Three Floyds (Goose Island, Russian River, etc) in Amsterdam, Stockholm etc.

5. DOTU

DOTU Initiate (187) Feb 11, 2011 California

Mikkeller in Copenhagen just posted this pic of FFF beers they had stocked:

[​IMG]

6. MCain04

MCain04 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2013 Texas

Wow, lots more representation in Europe than I had thoughts. Thanks all!

7. Dennoman

Dennoman Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2011 Belgium

Not really, they have an exclusive deal with Mikkeller basically. Bier&Co in Holland is close-knit with Mikkeller so they get the occasional nice thingamabob for their bars (BeerTemple, Arendsnest, ...), but no actual distribution. Nothing else makes it into distribution via official channels, other than the stuff they (Mikkeller) want to release. Basically right now, that's only their Risgoop and Hvedegoop collabs, which are pretty shit.

trevorjk likes this.
  8. trevorjk

trevorjk Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2009 Netherlands

Bierkoning gets all of those beer through trades. And they do sell out pretty fast, at almost astronomical prices sometimes. Dark Lord bottles can fetch 70 euros or more per bottle over here.

Sometimes you can find some nice bottles there(bier Koning) at a decent "reasonable price in a European shop". 2 weeks ago i stopped in and got a 12oz bottle of black note and KBS for 8 euros a bottle.

9. Dennoman

Dennoman Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2011 Belgium

Pretty nice. Similar to Hopduvel then, only they're way more expensive. I love the guy's troll ratings on "the other site".

"Good brew, yet very expensive" :grinning:

10. BelgianBeerPope

BelgianBeerPope Initiate (0) Aug 10, 2012 Belgium

Trading is still the only way to get Three Floyds, the Mikkeler / Three Floyds collaborations were available @ Geers a while ago (Huedegoop & Boogoop), I got the last ones :slight_smile:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.