Tilted Barn: For those on a juice cleanse... 2016-2018

Discussion in 'New England' started by Rysk22, Jun 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

I wouldn't doubt they do allow it. More commenting that the people were drinking beers from two of the more notorious spots showcasing the deteriorating craft beer culture.

2. JPCitra

JPCitra Initiate (0) Apr 6, 2017 Massachusetts

Pretty useless commentary

3. Rysk22

Rysk22 Savant (1,228) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

And you would categorize your comment as?

4. Sweatshirt

Deactivated

Yeah useless other than that they bragged they stood in these lines too and others. So we, at minimum, have the same small group of people at a number of lines known to be shitty. Can't be coincidence. Luckily they all charged thier purchases and are confirmed in multiple time consuming weekday lines. These types aren't long for the hobby.

5. spookyemperor

spookyemperor Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2017 Rhode Island

Why do locals want TB to be the next Tree House? Because we want our local businesses here in RI to succeed. And TB deserves the success. I'll admit that I am now apprehensive about making a trip to TB considering how fast they've been selling out of cans lately. It used to be I could walk in at 730pm on a Friday with no line at all and leave with two 64oz growlers of delicious beer. But I also want local business to flourish and bring more folks to RI!

6. Sweatshirt

Deactivated

Local businesses can succeed very well without wishing them to be the shitlord haven that tradehouse became.

hikeeba, Sheppard, Jwale73 and 3 others like this.
  7. spookyemperor

Sure they can, but there is no ceiling to success. Proclamation is successful, but not nearly as successful as TB or TH. And growing popularity brings bigger and bigger shitty crowds. The beer scene is similar to any music scene -- when bands start getting popular all the idiots start showing up at the concerts and throwing bottles and talking about how they were fans from day one. No matter what it is that is becoming successful, word of mouth attracts dbags. Just a fact of life. But I would want to see TB get to the levels of TH or Trill where they're selling thousands of cases of beer a week and attracting people from all over the country.

8. folkstar

folkstar Zealot (610) Sep 28, 2017 Rhode Island
    Trader

how long do TB cans typically last? 2 weeks? more? i have some Raffi that i bought 9/8, but it just hasn't been stout weather the past few weeks. wondering if i'll notice a difference if i crack the cans in the coming week. thanks!

9. Rysk22

Trader

They're properly canned so they'll hold up in line with their style. IPAs are best within 1-8 weeks in my opinion. Stouts can last for much longer (some people age for years). If there are adjuncts in them then those flavors may lose their luster

cdilisio likes this.
  10. William_Navidson

William_Navidson Maven (1,451) May 1, 2015 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Do they have new cans every Sat? Good chance they post new release info on Instagram for this Sat on like Thurs. or Friday?

11. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Pooh-Bah (1,969) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society

How is Proclamation not as successful as Tilted Barn? They're building a big new brewery in Warwick.

12. Rysk22

Trader

I think he is basing success off of hype, which is misleading.

13. Joenap419

Joenap419 Zealot (604) Dec 11, 2015 Rhode Island
    Trader

They release same on friday and sarurday. Usually post the release early Friday i think.

14. spookyemperor

Nope, basing it on how much product they sell and how quickly. Proclamation had quite the head-start on TB, and is currently able to brew more beer and stay open longer. The difference is the demand. There isn't that much demand for Proclamation, and soon though TB will overtake them in profits. Mark my words.

15. Sweatshirt

Deactivated

Proclamation brews and sells more beer and makes more profit. They are more successful by every metric. Proclamation sells out of all the beer they brew. There is plenty of demand. The only thing TB is more successful at is having shorter hours and lower limits so people can line up. That doesn't equal overall demand or success.

gdkersey, EnronCFO, jlordi12 and 4 others like this.
  16. raenge

raenge Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2016 Rhode Island

I'm just happy Rhode Island is upping its beer game.

Sheppard and Jwale73 like this.
  17. spookyemperor

Proclamation has been canning much longer than TB and they have a much bigger brewing capacity, of course they sell more beer. I'm talking about how fast the beer sells. Ever since TB started canning their beer has been flying off their shelves. Meanwhile Proclamation will have the same cans for sale multiple days. I'd be interested to see the actual number of cases that proclamation sells in an hour compared to TB. I'm willing to bet that TB could easily outsell Proclamation if they were working at the same brewing capacity. Deny it all you want, but demand for TB has clearly surpassed demand for Proclamation. That's because Proclamation's beers just aren't as good at TB's

18. Mikecap

Mikecap Pooh-Bah (2,062) May 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Pooh-Bah Society Trader

Just give up, man. Your argument is opinion and a cogent example of fanboy hype. Both breweries make very good beers, and unlike Tilted Barn, Proclamation can do something besides throw a bunch of hops in the kettle, haze that baby up, and package it in a 16 oz. can that brings the boys to the Christmas Tree farm. Don't get me wrong, Tilted Barn makes some fine juice bombs, but I still don't think anything they put out far exceeds the beer of Proclamation as you suggest, and they are certainly one-dimensional.

19. spookyemperor

Lol fanboy hype? Ok, not like I've been visiting both TB and Proclamation long before TB got so hyped! If you're saying that Proclamation makes pale ales anywhere near as good as TB then you're crazy. Tendril is the definition of trash IPAs. And Mount Yasur from TB is one of the best local dark beers I've tried, so try again with the whole "only juicebomb" bullshit

20. spookyemperor

Not to mention the fact that Proclamation's claim to fame, their sours, are overpriced and generic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.