Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Timing out when reviewing a beer

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ChadQuest, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChadQuest

ChadQuest Mar 4, 2009 Illinois

So, when i drink a beer, i take a long time, i sip it slowly, sometimes for up to 4 hours.
    When i review a beer, i don't rush typing out a review, i inspect the beer, i let it develop and see what changes over time. I try to be accurate and honest.

This takes me an hour or two, and everytime i go to hit the Submit button, i have timed out of being logged in to BA, and i can not even hit the back button to retrieve all my notes, i lose everything.

Then in frustration i generally submit a review that is 39% as good as the one i originally typed up, which was pure brilliance on level of Stienbeck, Alighieri, Huxley, Lewis, Etc.

Do you have any suggestions Bros? Should i review in mucho haste and compromise thoroughness?

2. drtth

drtth Nov 25, 2007 Pennsylvania

Write most or all of it in Word, then copy and paste. Then you can polish and do the ratings, etc.
    Chaz and BlackBelt5112203 like this.
  3. stakem

stakem Feb 20, 2009 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Choose the log out button on the top right. Then log back in and before you hit the "log in" button, check the box for "stay logged in." This will keep you from timing out during reviews.
  4. Todd

Todd Founder Aug 23, 1996 Colorado
    Staff Moderator Site Editor Fest Crew Subscriber Beer Trader

What stakem said. This is not a bug, but rather a user option.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • Free Trial Subscription

Reside in the US? Interested in a free 1-month trial subscription to the print edition of BeerAdvocate magazine?

Yes! Sign Me Up!