Tired Hands Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by Nadtla, Jan 2, 2019.

1. jacincm

jacincm Initiate (47) Mar 29, 2018 Pennsylvania

Currently live in Harrisburg but been back and forth to my parents house in Philly these last few weeks. Stopped in last night to grab a four pack of the tangerine shake

Then I find out Pizza boy tapped it, along with peach, today. With crowlers available. What a time to be alive. Wondering if tangerine will be next weeks flavor or if they will do something different

https://www.alsofhampden.com/beer.php

2. onthebusin03

onthebusin03 Initiate (146) Jan 11, 2008 Pennsylvania

Had that Tangerine today. Whew... That was a yummy beer. Took a crowler home, too, because I don’t hate myself.

3. jojo2112

jojo2112 Initiate (164) Sep 24, 2014 Pennsylvania

Not only available there, but I just ordered 3 shakes and Wish Fulfillment to be delivered through Dudley. Still not crazy about the $25 shipping, but I really want to try the Double Tangerine and I love Wish Fulfillment. And I suppose it's not horrible as a trip to Tired Hands would cost me around $20 in gas.

Adrena1ine likes this.
  4. CanesHeatFins305

CanesHeatFins305 Initiate (90) Nov 25, 2014 Florida
    Trader

Is the Ardmore Oktoberfest worth it? Specifically the VIP ticks? Wondering what beers Tired Hands usually pours there. Thanks!

5. Crumps_Brother

Crumps_Brother Initiate (62) Jun 24, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

4 packs are sold to go at Biergarten in Fishtown?

6. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Initiate (38) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

Yes, but it will vary what's available where. The tired hands website can section clarifies what is where.

7. jojo2112

Anyone think the milkshakes have gone downhill since they started the "every week" schedule? It's entirely possible it's my palate, but they just haven't tasted as creamy and I feel like they've cut back on the vanilla. Even the Extra Vanilla didn't taste as vanilla-ey as in the past. I didn't have every single release and batch, but the 6 or 7 that I did have all gave me that feeling. I know the price of Madagascar vanilla beans has shot up so it does have me wondering.

8. TheEpeeist

TheEpeeist Devotee (428) Nov 5, 2008 Pennsylvania
    Trader

too costly for me these days but i did try the recent Tangerine Dream (my personal fave) and every bit as delicious as i remember.

9. jojo2112

Yeah that is one that I tried. I found it more fruit forward and sweet versus thick and creamy like shakes of the past. Maybe I'm just getting Milkshake Fatigue.

10. tzieser

tzieser Meyvn (1,065) Nov 21, 2006 New Jersey

Any idea when the Biergarten closes for the season?

11. stairway2heavn

Last day was November 26 last year. So I'd assume by Thanksgiving-ish.

tzieser likes this.
  12. digdug1810

digdug1810 Aspirant (231) Mar 1, 2011 New Jersey

aren't they supposed to open some sort of restaurant nearish by or coffee roaster etc.. id imagine cans will be available nearish that area all year round this winter/year etc.

PABrewReview likes this.
  13. SPRichard

SPRichard Devotee (415) Apr 26, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

According to a TH Instagram post this weekend will be the last weekend for the Biergarten

14. Crumps_Brother

Crumps_Brother Initiate (62) Jun 24, 2017 Pennsylvania
    Trader

^bummer, I was gonna be in town the last weekend of October

15. stairway2heavn

Looks like every Friday thru November 1 they're at primal supply in brewerytown (South Philly) from 5-8 selling cans.

16. OGShotzy

OGShotzy Defender (603) Oct 5, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Society

Brewerytown is NOT in South Philly.

Very weird that they are closing the Biergarten over a month earlier than last year. Wonder what they have in store for us.

NodEast, digdug1810 and PABrewReview like this.
  17. digdug1810

probably whatever restaurant was in the works or whatever, still lame... could at least play it by ear weather wise and leave it open accordingly... oh well

jonphisher likes this.
  18. stairway2heavn

Fair enough, yeah guess it's out west by the zoo and crime & punishment.
    Given they're testing menus already, I'd assume January? They mention news on the coming weeks, so with all the holidays not sure they'd be moving to open before new years, not to mention inspections etc which might take time (not sure on how efficient the inspectors are in Philly).

19. BullRuth

BullRuth Initiate (18) Aug 11, 2009 Pennsylvania

We could’ve loved to stay open another couple weeks, and not to get too into the nitty gritty of licensing and yadda yadda yadda, but we exhausted our time as a “temporary” location. We could’ve theoretically opened later in the year in order to stay open past this weekend, but we preferred the spring weather to the fall if that makes sense.

peace & love.

20. BullRuth

BullRuth Initiate (18) Aug 11, 2009 Pennsylvania

***We would’ve* loved...

21. digdug1810

thanks for the reply @BullRuth yeah i didn't think of the licensing end... glad the spot is there..cheers

22. jacincm

Wonder what the Only Void variants this year will be. Hoping for a BBA version

Adrena1ine likes this.
  23. jonphisher

jonphisher Aspirant (209) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

The bourbon version from the first only void day was still one of my fav bourbon barrel stouts to date. Those growler fills were on for a week or more if I remember. It was a great great beer.

Kadonny and digdug1810 like this.
  24. digdug1810

would be cool to see them feature their coffee and have like 4 different coffee OV's... mix 4pk style then maybe 1-2 odd ball ones

25. Adrena1ine

Adrena1ine Aspirant (239) Nov 22, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Meanwhile im over here with a growler of it still sitting in the back of my fridge. Science to the maxxx.

Kadonny likes this.
  26. jonphisher

jonphisher Aspirant (209) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Trader

Keep us posted, that is crazy haha.

27. kdb150

kdb150 Devotee (443) Mar 8, 2012 Pennsylvania

Yep, it sure was. Last year's variants were a letdown, although I sampled a couple over the weekend and they are pretty nice with a year on them.

I wonder if OV Day will still bring the crowds this year. Last years cans were a pretty big letdown, and I know that I will not be buying any this year unless BBAOV is going to be available in cans.

28. Kadonny

Kadonny Meyvn (1,359) Sep 5, 2007 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Not all that crazy. I had a growler of GI BCBS sitting in my fridge for like 3 years. Popped it open and carbonation and all was good. That was a damn fine tasting 3 year old beer.

If poured and capped right into the growler, it will last for years on end.

Devils advocate here, would they taste all that different to warrant 4 different cannings? I would say no.

29. jacincm

Thought last year was solid. I really did enjoy the rice pudding. Coffee is always good

Strawberry Milkshake OV I hope they never do again unless they use vanilla or some better flavor that works better with a stout

Pretty sure cans lasted well into the night. I'm planning on going for the 1 oclock games and enjoy whatever cans to watch the birds stomp on the cowboys in Jerry world

EDIT: Just checked, they had 140 cases of each with a 1 four pack/person limit. So about 860 allotments. Would imagine the same, if not more this year. Not having to lineup for beer anymore is awesome

#549 jacincm, Oct 15, 2019 at 4:17 PM
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2019 at 4:28 PM