To Anyone Interested in Bean Gene

Discussion in 'Great Lakes' started by thereal, Mar 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thereal

thereal Initiate (98) Apr 20, 2010 Illinois

Just a friendly note. When I was at the Revolution brewery to grab a couple bombers about two hours ago, they stated they were down to their last three cases. Considering their other Deep Wood stuff has lasted a very long time around town, this bottling seems to have gone pretty quickly.

That is all. Please resume not drinking green beer.

woodchopper, BrownAleMale and raymo55 like this.
  2. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Defender (617) Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

ISO someone to mule me one or two to the burbs! Lol :slight_smile:

3. stevegoz

stevegoz Disciple (313) May 5, 2008 Illinois
    Trader

If you're anywhere near Westmont, it'll be tapped this Tuesday at 4 at Standard Market on Ogden Avenue as part of a Revolution tap takeover.

4. nickMB

nickMB Disciple (301) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Brewery Trader

If I were you, I'd hurry. Probably my favorite deep wood <-ewww, it felt dirty to type that, thanks rev.

5. markmcconv

markmcconv Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2013 Illinois

I had this on tap yesterday at Revolution, I dug it.

redsand22 likes this.
  6. 71gto

71gto Initiate (0) Jun 3, 2009 Illinois

It is amazing

7. Nachos4two

Nachos4two Defender (617) Nov 26, 2011 Illinois
    Trader

8. stevegoz

Trader

Best in show tonight, and it was up against Mean Gene, Straight Jacket and the Third Anniversary beers....

9. crossovert

crossovert Initiate (0) Mar 29, 2009 Illinois

No, but I'll take some Platinum.

10. Grohnke

Grohnke Initiate (0) Sep 15, 2009 Illinois

Yea as steve mentioned, Standard has a BUNCH (on tap and bottles). $6 pours, and $12 flights, and $17.99 bombers. I would have to assume that a bunch is still there

Steve (and ignore this if you werent there around 6pm) where were you drinking at Standard yesterday? I was the guy in a tie and glasses, around 5:45, drinking a bean and just awkwardly walking around the cheese area.

11. emagdnim13

emagdnim13 Initiate (0) Jan 18, 2011 Illinois

Take out the tie and that was 99% of us in there.

12. Grohnke

haha, yea, after I hit "post" I immediately thought of that beer cartoon strip where the fat guy with a beard and glasses was telling his pal that he was the fat guy with a beard and glasses, waiting in line..... then the wide frame was a bunch of, you guessed it, fat guys with beards and glasses, standing in line.

13. stevegoz

Trader

I wear contacts, thank you very much!

Grohnke, we were pretty much gone by then. My wife and I had seats with our backs to the window on the corner part of the bar. We were talking to a very nice couple who live in Westchester for most of our time there, which ran from 4 'til 5:15 or so. Then we took the long walk to the Grill to enjoy their insanely good grilled cheese (basically a quesadilla with bacon on it), then real quick back to the shop to grab a bottle of each of the Genes and a Three Year.

Now regretting that I didn't buy more Gene Bean. Stupid budgetary constraints!

14. Grohnke

I hear you on the budget - I passed up bottles to enjoy some on tap. :slight_frown:

15. mychalg9

mychalg9 Champion (836) Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Is this at the brewpub and the taproom or just one or the other?

16. nickMB

nickMB Disciple (301) Nov 17, 2009 Illinois
    Brewery Trader

but you guys, you're not going to get what it tastes like with the coffee thinned completely out of it in 6 months to 6 years.

Grohnke and Bay01 like this.
  17. cadaugherty

cadaugherty Zealot (584) Feb 10, 2010 Illinois

They still have bottles of both. Not a huge fan of the 3some though.

18. NSK79

NSK79 Initiate (198) Jun 4, 2012 Illinois

I was just at Standard Market an hour ago, they still had plenty of Bean Gene, Mean Gene, Straight Jacket, and 3rd Year in bottles and on tap. $6.00 for a tulip on tap, I also recommend the $4.00 cheese curd plate :-)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.