Toppling Goliath headed to St. Louis!

Discussion in 'Midwest' started by tgchief, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tgchief

tgchief Initiate (57) Nov 30, 2010 Iowa

We just accepted an invitation to attend the 2nd annual Lupulin Carnival by 4 Hands Brewery! This will be our first trip to our great neighbors to the south and we are so excited!!

Use this thread help Mike and I decide what to bring on down for you.

See you March 2nd!

Clark

2. grumpy

grumpy Disciple (371) May 24, 2005 Missouri

I don't recall if that was a completely hop-centric fest last year (lupulin, after all...), but how about something that might be available from this list?

Twisted Galaxy
    Norseman's Wrath
    Mornin' Delight
    Assassin
    Golden Nugget
    Kentucky Brunch

tgchief likes this.
  3. tgchief

Assassin and Golden Nugget will both make the journey. Possibly some Naughty Temple as we are getting ready to free her from the barrels and bottle as soon as our label is approved.

Any hoppy creation we have ready when we head south will be sure to come along too. I hate to venture out too far without ZeeLander or pseudoSue.

4. Bond111

Bond111 Aspirant (232) Feb 14, 2011 Minnesota
    Beer Trader

Clark,

I'd say bringing the some of the core lineup like you mentioned with Sue, & GNug would be the best bet. Then some of your Hop Patrol series stuff such as Zee and Pompeii. I'm not sure how many different stuff you'd bring down, but it seems like 6-7 different types is what you see breweries bring to an event.

I always like when a brewery at such an event showcases a little of each in their portfolio. That way you can satisfy us beer geeks, and still have the more core stuff to bring new craft drinkers in as well.

tgchief likes this.
  5. redblacks75

redblacks75 Aspirant (228) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Good chance I will be making it down for this. A great excuse to visit friends, and drink great beers.

tgchief likes this.
  6. levon15

levon15 Initiate (199) Jan 19, 2012 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Soooo ready to have you guys in town. 4 Hands has been killing it......

tgchief likes this.
  7. je1129

je1129 Initiate (0) Feb 22, 2011 Iowa

Drop some more shi...stuff off in cedar rapids on your way down. BM for my address, $4$ of course.

tgchief likes this.
  8. jaminjohnson

jaminjohnson Initiate (189) Jul 3, 2012 Yukon (Canada)

Really hope to make it to this, have heard nothing but good things about you guys from friends and from Mr. Lemp

tgchief likes this.
  9. rtodaizh

rtodaizh Initiate (0) Jan 22, 2013

I've heard lot's of good things about you guys. I can't wait to try some of your beer.

tgchief likes this.
  10. jkwikkel

jkwikkel Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2008 Iowa

You guys should participate in Brrrvana at Monk's in Sioux Falls, SD (Feb. 9).

It's a long ways, but they're good people there.

11. beerindex

beerindex Initiate (124) Jun 18, 2007 Michigan
    Beer Trader

Are you guys also coming for Schlafly's Repeal of Prohibition Festival in April? I ask because this year's state is Iowa, and a really want to try your stuff, but this particular event doesn't seem up my alley.

12. japetus

japetus Initiate (160) Sep 14, 2005 Missouri

Not enough ticks for ya, brah?

13. tgchief

We have not been invited but would come to support any thing they did. They have been so solid that it would be an honor if we did!

Cheers

bluedevil23 and beerindex like this.
  14. rebelmusic

rebelmusic Initiate (0) May 23, 2010 Missouri

Looking forward to seeing you guys @ 4 Hands!

tgchief likes this.
  15. Jarpo

Jarpo Initiate (16) Feb 7, 2011 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Can't wait for this. Loved everything TG had at Great Taste and the tap takeover the night before.

tgchief likes this.
  16. redblacks75

redblacks75 Aspirant (228) Oct 29, 2010 Iowa
    Beer Trader

Realized I'm out on this one. Same weekend as Day of the Living Ales.

17. Gotti311

Gotti311 Crusader (779) Mar 22, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I heard this stuff is on its way to Madison also. Have heard so many good things. Cant wait to try

tgchief likes this.
  18. tgchief

We have been streaming a small amount of hugely hopped beer to Madison since mid summer if you know where to look! Hope you enjoy it. If you don't, let me know!

Cheers

Clark

Gotti311 and BrettHead like this.
  19. Gotti311

Gotti311 Crusader (779) Mar 22, 2009 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

I heard Rileys is carrying some. You dont know which other liquor stores ended up with it do you? Heard so many great things, I am pretty excited to get my hands on some.

20. UWBadgerFan4Life

UWBadgerFan4Life Defender (637) Jul 24, 2012 Wisconsin
    Beer Trader

Is some actually being distributed for bottle sales? I've heard of tappings at various bars but haven't heard anything about bottles for sale at any liquor stores.

21. TgBC

TgBC Initiate (0) Aug 28, 2011 Iowa

No bottles yet, but they're coming soon!

Cheers,
    Mike

FTowne likes this.
  22. Jerktookmyname

Jerktookmyname Aspirant (226) May 31, 2007 Wisconsin

Go to Dexter's, Alchemy or Brasserie V. All three of those places to seem to have one on tap more often than not. They had two varieties on tap at Brasserie a few weekends back.

23. Tnudish

Tnudish Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2012 Wisconsin

Damnit! I was just at the Alchemy last friday and no Toppling Goliath to see!

24. GFG

GFG Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2012 North Dakota

So when are you guys headed to Grand Forks, ND?? :grinning:

25. tgchief

That's a bummer! We send them as much as we can! They where in our taproom brewery last week....they rock!

We are sending more every week. Thanks for being patient.

26. tgchief

I'll be headed your way in September. I bring plenty of beer with me when we head out west to chase thenWapiti. I like to share our beer so....see ya soon!

GFG likes this.
  27. GFG

GFG Initiate (0) Oct 24, 2012 North Dakota

That would be fantastic! Heard nothing but great things about your beer and have wanted to give it a try for quite some time

28. bluedevil23

bluedevil23 Initiate (0) Jan 24, 2012 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Let's get this thread back on track. 4 Hands officially announced Lupulin. Saturday March 2nd from 2-6pm. 15+ local breweries, out of state breweries (duh!), lots of carnival type stuff, and a tasting glass. Tickets are on sale at the brewery now for $35. I'll be buying mine very soon.

29. EWR2STL

EWR2STL Initiate (0) Feb 4, 2013 Missouri
    Beer Trader

I'm drinking a bottle of Home by 4 Hands now. They are a great STL brewery and am looking forward to their net festival. Looking forward to tasting and learning about TG!

30. FrostyTiger

FrostyTiger Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2013 Minnesota

TG seems to be coming to every city in the Midwest BUT someplace in MN. PLEASE come to the Twin Cites. We love you. :slight_smile:

31. tgchief

I promise you the first invite we get we will show up. I love the TC and look forward to our first, and many, events!

32. jimmyr78

jimmyr78 Initiate (0) Jan 26, 2013 Missouri
    Beer Trader

Just bought my tickets...I've been remotely watching (with envy) the growth of TG from here in STL. Can't wait for you to start bottling so that my Des Moines relatives can bring me goodies!

tgchief likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.