Toppling Goliath Releases and Updates

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by WI-Beer-Man, Sep 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DriftlessFarmer

DriftlessFarmer (0) Dec 15, 2016 Iowa

Decorah Nugget cans are really good. Seems like they've totally retooled that beer, but I really like the current iteration.

I used to be fairly critical of their hesitation to do anything besides hops and BA stouts, but I've found their forays into other styles so lackluster, and their core is getting so good that fuck it, stay in your lane.

2. DriftlessFarmer

Outside of Good Fellas, hit WW Homestead creamery in Waukon. Best cheese curds ever.

Staying in Decorah on Friday night?

3. nograz

nograz (345) Oct 30, 2013 Minnesota
    Trader

We may have to have a cheese curds tasting. I have not had those, but Burnett Dairy's cheese curds are my favorite, and haven't had anything better yet. I especially have been enjoying them since they started doing fresh softs curds out of the tank.

As far as TG beer, I just wish bomber prices would come down a bit or they switch to cans. Bought the latest hopsmack and it was good, but at the price, probably won't do it again. Also FMS seemed to have jumped up, the first drop here in MN seemed cheaper and I was much happier to buy at that price.

#3363 nograz, Mar 18, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
    needMIbeer, josephwa and Boldbrew like this.
  4. dbhammel

dbhammel (0) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota

Does anyone know anything about the food options in the new TG taproom? I'm planning a group event to Decorah for June and trying to decide if we'll eat lunch in the TG taproom or order for to be delivered to PR. If anyone has suggestions for relatively cheap and decent food (non-pizza, we're doing pizza for dinner) to be delivered somewhere would be much appreciated.

5. SaulTBauls

SaulTBauls (0) Mar 22, 2013 Iowa

I don't believe TG's kitchen is open yet but you can definitely get Mabe's delivered.

eppie82 likes this.
  6. DriftlessFarmer

I think you'd be better off picking something up when headed from TG to PR. Ede's & The Angry Pickle would do sandwiches you could take to go, and those are solid. Memphis Pit is great, but they might be set up in Calmar then (moving from Decorah to Calmar currently). If that's the case, Old Armory is solid.

Boldbrew likes this.
  7. dbhammel

dbhammel (0) Oct 24, 2016 Minnesota

I forgot about Ede's, that place is awesome!

8. Ckoz

Ckoz (330) Feb 15, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Hey Everyone,

Traveling to Omaha in a month. What are the chances of me finding TG hops anywhere? Or would I need to cross over to Council Bluffs to have better luck? Thanks and cheers!

9. MNPikey

MNPikey (0) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

4 packs of cans are pretty much everywhere at this point.

Kegger37, Boldbrew and Ckoz like this.
  10. Boldbrew

Boldbrew (0) Jun 26, 2017 Minnesota

Anyone going to camp out for the public opening on Saturday? TG is implying that people can start lining up at 7am Saturday.

11. Osubucks

Osubucks (0) May 5, 2015 Georgia

I might depending on the weather!

Boldbrew likes this.
  12. bocky24

bocky24 (0) Apr 10, 2013 Iowa

Hard pass, not worth the drama and line cutting.

13. croush

croush (0) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

That’s why you should be first in line. :wink:

KBlodorn, eppie82, ebe2023 and 3 others like this.
  14. bocky24

I’ll just take my allotment in early session and be on my way.

Kegger37 and Boldbrew like this.
  15. croush

croush (0) Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Nobody likes a braggart.

Chuckdiesel24, bocky24 and Boldbrew like this.
  16. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus (680) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Boldbrew likes this.
  17. Benish

Benish (923) Mar 13, 2013 Utah
    Trader

I'm confused. Why a line when you already have an allotment for two bottles of Assassin? Its not a race to get them when individuals are already guaranteed them. Am I missing something?

Jaycase likes this.
  18. Averwo

Averwo (0) Jul 4, 2013 Iowa

Decorah GNUG cans are probably my fav beer ever.

DriftlessFarmer likes this.
  19. Boldbrew

TG had said via Twitter and Facebook that when they open to the public at 5pm on Saturday that any left over Assassin will be on sale, there will be a cellar sale (to-go vintage bottles) and something special for the first 128 (5oz pours, speculating).

Osubucks likes this.
  20. bocky24

Guessing something special is left over SR71 keg and have they confirmed cellar bottles will be to go?

Boldbrew likes this.
  21. MNPikey

MNPikey (0) Feb 27, 2011 Minnesota
    Trader

Vintage bottles at $300/ea to go!

TboneRN, JMN44, eppie82 and 2 others like this.
  22. masilva48

masilva48 (271) Sep 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

M
    What sort of vintage bottles will it be? Things like KBBS, prior Assassins, etc.? Guessing they wouldn’t sell those to-go, but are they going to have them for on-site?

23. needMIbeer

needMIbeer (853) Feb 5, 2014 Virginia
    Society Trader

I realize the ticketed release is cash only. Is that true of all items to go in the taproom?

24. Beer_Economicus

Beer_Economicus (680) Apr 8, 2017 Ohio
    Trader

Can you provide a list where they say left over Assassin bottles will be sold? I never saw that. I only saw the "128 people" commen.

fondyball20 and eppie82 like this.
  25. Spewlander

Spewlander (0) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

That’s because they never said it.

26. Boldbrew

[​IMG]

27. needMIbeer

Society Trader

Let the madness begin!

Boldbrew likes this.
  28. DriftlessFarmer

I’m not there, but I respect the fuck out of this take

Eptar and TCOlson like this.
  29. ToddSoonerFan

ToddSoonerFan (0) Aug 23, 2013 Iowa

I have to ask. Who the hell is the guy reviewing TG IPAS such as FSM and Supra Sumo beer reviews #514? You Tube. He's an absolute idiot, IMO.

30. Spewlander

Spewlander (0) May 17, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Maybe he is. But at least he knows how to spell the names correctly.

ToddSoonerFan likes this.
  31. needMIbeer

Society Trader

Careful with the bad spelling jokes. I made one a couple weeks back and got accosted and accused of being a sexist. :rofl:

32. ToddSoonerFan

Well played

Born_A_Jee likes this.
  33. Ristaccia

Ristaccia (0) Nov 21, 2012 Nebraska

34. ToddSoonerFan

A guy who was reviewing beer on you tube. He just rubbed me the wrong way in regard to his opinion on TG ipas. I was just thinking out loud. Should have probably kept it to myself.

35. Ristaccia

Ristaccia (0) Nov 21, 2012 Nebraska

Haha no worries. I was just wondering whether I had missed something. Sounds like not the case.

36. lokizan

lokizan (0) Dec 15, 2010 Illinois

Does anyone have any insight as to whether or not there will actually be Assassin pours during pickup times? It’s not mentioned in any emails or FB posts I’ve seen. It seems like everytime someone asks about it in the comments they don’t respond. If this has been addressed already please correct me.

Beer_Economicus likes this.
  37. Hookstrat

Hookstrat (464) Jan 15, 2006 Iowa
    Trader

Morning Delight sample was explicitly detailed at time of ticketing. If a sample was not described in what you purchased a ticket for, assume nothing.

38. Osubucks

Osubucks (0) May 5, 2015 Georgia

I recall reading in the comments on FB that there would be assassin on tap during pick up times. No specifics about size of pour or cost however

39. lokizan

Yea that’s what I was afraid of, I was there for Morning Delight so I know what you’re talking about. I just don’t understand why they won’t confirm one way or the other. I see them responding to other inquires about the activities on Saturday but never about pours.

40. lokizan

You’d think so, it would be weird for there to other places in the area with kegs pouring and not the place of the actual event.

Beer_Economicus and eppie82 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.