Dismiss Notice
We're celebrating 10 years of BeerAdvocate magazine with $10 print subscriptions for US residents.

Subscribe now!

Toronado Barleywine Festival 2013

Discussion in 'Pacific' started by UnknownKoger, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Jul 9, 2010 California

Any info on this? I see it's being held on Feb. 16th, and that's the day my flight gets in. It'll be my first time at their barleywine fest, so I was wondering if anybody had info or highlights from years past...things to expect (besides getting drunk)

2. rgco

rgco Apr 2, 2012 California

It is over the long weekend, and even into that following Monday if I remember correctly. Lots and lots of great barleywines.

3. penniwisdom

penniwisdom Sep 10, 2010 California

People will be in line at like 9am. People will get crazy drunk. There will likely be some pretty whale-ish barleywines on tap. I think I saw somewhere that Gabe Fletchers 17% barleywine will be on tap there. If you like barleywine this is a good place for you to be.

4. UnknownKoger

UnknownKoger Jul 9, 2010 California

Unfortunately, I won't be getting in until the evening. So no waiting in line for me. While the whales will mostly be dead and beached, I'm sure there'll still be some meat on the bones....I don't even know what I'm saying

5. nephilae

nephilae Sep 20, 2008 California

The first in line are usually there around 6 am...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Extreme Beer FestĀ® Cometh

February 3-4, 2017. Boston, Mass. Limited tickets available. Prepare for epicness.

Learn More
  • 10 Years of BeerAdvocate Magazine

We're celebrating 10 years of BA mag with $10 print subscriptions for US residents!

Subscribe