Trade interest in Grassroots/Tired Hands Wachu Saison?

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by ndepriest, Mar 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

I have a few bottles of the Grassroots (HF), Tired Hands brett saison collab. Is there any trade interest/value in this thing? I haven't been huge of brett beers lately, and given the age of this bottle, it's probably a bit funky. Has anyone tried to trade this?

2. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Georgia

I'm pretty sure the only reason this beer doesn't have a ton of trade value is that it doesn't say Hill Farmstead on the label. I thought it was a very good Saison and it's a collab between two ultra-hyped (and very good) breweries.

Are you in Atlanta? I might be interested in an in person trade.

3. cbeer88

cbeer88 Crusader (716) Sep 5, 2007 Massachusetts

Saisons in general don't seem to hold a ton of trade value, unless they are extremely limited. HF has hordes of them that won't go for anything more than locals. I'd put Wachu and pretty much all the Grassroots beers on par with Anna, Clara, Arthur, etc. Even stuff like Art or Flora which are barrel aged and more limited don't exactly bring the thunder on the trade scene. Ann is a rare beast that trades for anything because of it's off the chart scores and super limited availability.

4. NYCBUCKEYE

NYCBUCKEYE Initiate (0) Jan 21, 2013 New York

I thought the Suarez was a very good Saison. I traded an extra bottle for a MOAS and was happy.

Edit - just noticed this was not in reference to the Convival Suarez. Sorry.....

Guess that's what I get for posting on a message board while at work...

5. coreyfmcdonald

coreyfmcdonald Initiate (0) Nov 13, 2008 Georgia

I would trade and have traded more than locals for Arthur and Anna (my last trade included a White Chocolate and Black Tuesday for those two plus other similar bottles), and I have traded much more for Art and Flora (can't remember right now what I traded for these two). Maybe I'm over-trading.

Either way, I am always ISO Art, Flora, and pretty much any of their Saisons, particularly if it's for locals. Granted, Georgia locals aren't exactly the most exciting beers in the world.

6. cbeer88

Don't get me wrong - they're great beers, and people absolutely do trade for them. I'm just saying that in the bigger picture, people don't trade for saisons nearly as much as stouts, sours, barelywines, DIPAs...

For example, I just searched ISO/FT for "Arthur" and had to go back almost 2 months to find an ISO for it. Meanwhile, I had to wade through a couple of pages of people trying to FT it for something.

7. commis

commis Initiate (0) Jul 21, 2009 Massachusetts

They're getting super funky at this point. I have a bunch, but if I didn't I certainly try to trade for them.

8. UCLABrewN84

UCLABrewN84 Initiate (0) Mar 18, 2010 California

What's the story behind Grassroots? Is it run by the same people from Hill Farmstead?

9. cbeer88

Yeah - it's his collab/offsite label.

10. lucas1801

lucas1801 Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2012 Massachusetts

I recently got a Wachu Saison from celticfutblclub from the RPS champions league and it was fantastic. I would trade stuff like BCBS or KBS if I get some extras again for it $4$.

11. NJOssie

NJOssie Initiate (0) Feb 28, 2012 New Jersey

I'd totally be interested in a Wachu... let me know if any of you have any left

12. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Was this the one that had some limited distro? I cant remember if it was Wachu or Suarez (or both), as I've seen it at a bar or two around Philly.

13. NJOssie

Suarez is the new one... how long ago did you see it, Nick?

14. xnicknj

xnicknj Initiate (0) May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

Ah, makes sense then. I just looked it up and it was indeed the Wachu version I saw in Philly.

15. NJOssie

I have some Suarez from my last trip up but never got to try the Wachu

16. tobelerone

tobelerone Poo-Bah (3,011) Dec 1, 2010 New Jersey
    Society Trader

WF Bowery had it for a while Os...might actually still have it sitting around, I'll take a peak tomorrow when I'm in the neighborhood.

17. ndepriest

ndepriest Initiate (155) Feb 21, 2012 Georgia
    Trader

I found it on shelves in Athens, GA. I'm exactly sure how it ended up there, but alas, it did. I'll try to get back those interested in a day or two (school is keeping me quite busy, hence me not throwing up a FT already).

18. NJOssie

thanks Tobe!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.