Trade partner MIA

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by turbo622, May 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turbo622

turbo622 Initiate (0) Sep 25, 2013 Indiana

Not trying to put him on blast and call him a bad trader just yet. Right now, a little info is all I'm looking for.

Does anyone know @Eric15 outside if this site and know where he's been? We agreed to a trade and I shipped out my box on April 14th. My last communication from him was the 15th, and it looks like he hasn't even been on BA since the 24th. He was supposed to ship on the 16th, but never did. My box landed and there was no follow up despite multiple messages.

I know was some really bad weather a few weeks ago down in Alabama, so that's why in not jumping to any conclusions. Just curious if he's been affected by that or that's why he hasn't been on? I screwed up and didn't get a phone number, otherwise I'd call him. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. C20Percent

C20Percent Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2011 Virginia

Did he live in Northern AL? I have family down there, and they did get roughed up pretty bad just about one week ago (April 28/29). But, I don't think weather issues would have affected his initial shipping date.

3. F2brewers

F2brewers Champion (820) Mar 12, 2005 Massachusetts
    Fest Crew Society Trader

Paging @Fluke828 since he's in a similar boat.

4. turbo622

He lives in Hoover, AL. Looks like it is just south of Birmingham. Might not be weather related, that's just the only thing I could think of. I have some family in central Mississippi and they got some bad storms with tornadoes and heavy winds, so I didn't know if it spread to Bama or not.

5. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (849) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

I've traded with Eric15 in the past and everything went nice and smooth. I hope he does come through here...

6. Fluke828

Fluke828 Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2011 Massachusetts

I am in literally the exact same situation as you. No idea if he even received the beers I sent him. I know FedEx delivered them ot the address he gave me though.

There was great communication setting up the trade and I shipped on April 15th. I'm not even sure he saw the tracking info I sent him the following day. @Eric15 Just completely disappeared it would seem. I hope everything is ok with the man....as I have no problem waiting for my end of a trade to get sent to me...provided there is at LEAST some form of communication...so far just crickets on this one.

Again,I hope everything is alright...it looks like he had something like 8 open trades so I hope he didn't bite off more than he could chew. I reached out to @F2brewers as he was the most recent person to trade with him.

7. turbo622

Yeah and everything was going great with the negotiation too. He was always quick to respond for about a dozen messages. If it showed he was on and just nit responding, I'd raise more hell over it. But he seems to have just disappeared. I think I'm more concerned that something happened to him as opposed to hes trying to screw me out of beer.

8. turbo622

did you happen to get his phone number?

9. mythaeus

mythaeus Crusader (770) Jul 22, 2013 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I just texted Eric about this thread. I was very happy with our first trade. He owes me a box as well, but I was not expecting the box right away so I'm not concerned. I'll let you know if I hear back from him.

10. turbo622

11. Bartos

Bartos Initiate (0) Mar 8, 2013 Florida

I've traded with Eric in the past with no issues. Found him to be a good trader with great communication

12. mythaeus

Trader

No response from Eric. I'm concerned now because he's usually very responsive. (I'm not concerned about my trade, more about his well-being.) I found him on Facebook (I think I got the right person because his name is rather unique) and sent a Facebook message to his wife to see if he's OK and that we are looking to get in touch with him. I will give him a call tomorrow if I don't hear back still.

blue-dream likes this.
  13. turbo622

Yeah I'm much less concerned about the beer now and just hoping he's ok. I appreciate the update mythaeus. Hopefully we'll get some good news soon.

creepinjeeper likes this.
  14. MyIronLung

MyIronLung Initiate (0) Oct 28, 2011 Massachusetts

Always get a phone number.

15. Fluke828

Agree completely. Same sentiments here.

16. mythaeus

Trader

All 3 of us, me, @Fluke828 , and @turbo622 heard back from Eric15 individually. He texted me back and responded to PM on here as well. Without going into details, we are satisfied with his explanation and agreed that he's not a "bad trader". He said he will be shipping boxes out Monday and 1 is already on the way.

17. Kramerbarthomer

Kramerbarthomer Champion (849) Mar 22, 2012 Colorado
    Trader

That is good to hear...

blue-dream and creepinjeeper like this.
  18. turbo622

Yeah all is well now. He's definitely not a bad trader by any means.

Thanks to everyone for their help, but most of all @mythaeus for his amazing detective work! Dude went Columbo on me and got to the bottom of the case! Cheers to you good sir!!

19. Fluke828

UPDATE: Received the beer I was promised/agreed upon. Save for a 2 week period of no communication...all's well that ends well. Cheers.

jshusc and pmoney like this.
  20. kfordham281

kfordham281 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2005 Georgia

Still waiting on a box from @Eric15 myself. Mine was delivered on April 15th and then I eventually heard back from him on May 8th and he said my box would be going out very shortly. Still nothing. I haven't had a bad trade yet on BA and would love to keep that streak intact. Did everyone else get their promised box?

#20 kfordham281, Jun 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  21. mythaeus

Trader

At the time of posting my last message on this thread, I heard from Eric both through PM and by text message. He had some hardship with health and finances and admitted that he committed to more than he should have and just dropped the ball. I told him to take care of everyone else first then whenever he gets back on track, send my box.

About 10 days ago I messaged him on here and by text saying that I'll be on vacation and wanted to know if he's planning on shipping the box. I told him that if he can ship it soon, then do so; otherwise, ship it after vacation. I did not hear back from him.

I believe he is getting all my messages and that he will eventually honor his end of the bargain. That said, I don't think it's acceptable that he failed to communicate yet again, especially to you as you have not given him more time. All things considered, whether or not I will receive my box, I will not trade with Eric again.

22. jrnyc

jrnyc Meyvn (1,173) Mar 21, 2010 New York
    Trader

People need to realize trading is a luxury, not a necessity. Guys like this get in over their head with too many trades.

23. jshusc

jshusc Defender (642) Aug 16, 2013 South Carolina
    Trader

That's about as level headed overview of a situation as I've ever read on here. Kudos.

JavaNoire and Golferallen54 like this.
  24. UcDru

UcDru Devotee (429) Aug 15, 2013 Ohio
    Trader

I had similar communication issues with this guy. We agreed to a trade and communication was great up front. We locked the trade up and it actually sat pending until recently it was purged. I got spooked and did not ship because communication slowed and eventually died out at the end. Typically I confirm shipping dates with traders to ensure we are on the same page and they will be home to receive the box. Sounds like the issues everyone is having with him are consistent across the board. I would not consider a trade with him moving forward either.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  25. BMBCLT

BMBCLT Poo-Bah (1,938) May 9, 2014 South Carolina
    Society

Seems like a bad trader to me. @Eric15 what's your defenition of a bad trader?

26. nesarebad

nesarebad Zealot (522) Feb 4, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Hope we hear from him, although he might vanish and come back on under a new handle. I have always wondered if people do that since bad trading does not get you banned.

tacosandbeer likes this.
  27. Fluke828

No need to reiterate my situation as it is well documented above. However, I did notice that the trade no longer exists here on BA. In other words, I never left any feedback but the trade was basically "purged" as @UcDru stated above...I wasn't exactly sure how to go about leaving feedback as I did get the beer that I was promised in the end. However, being left in the dark for so long wondering if I was getting hosed, did not sit well and I think I should have mentioned it in the feedback somewhere so that folks (who don't see this thread) are aware of what they might potentially be getting themselves into...

UcDru likes this.
  28. markgugs

markgugs Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2006 New Jersey

I was working on a trade with him about oh, 2 months back, and I began to sense a bad vibe thanks to terrible communication. I asked him a point blank question, didn't get a response, cancelled my trade request and moved on. He's been on my personal "do not trade" list since then, so this thread doesn't come as a huge surprise.

JavaNoire and UcDru like this.
  29. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Resurrecting this since @Eric15 has logged in several times over the last fwe days.

Any updates @kfordham281 ?

jrnyc, UcDru, tommyz and 1 other person like this.
  30. mythaeus

Trader

He owes me and a couple other people a box and trying to make it right. I believed he logged on for that purpose as he messaged me about the box. He had some major personal problem and I sympathized.

31. kfordham281

I got the same message as @mythaeus. I was out of town so I just got back to him tonight. Hopefully as stated above he'll make it right with anyone that he owes beers to.

jshusc and mythaeus like this.
  32. kfordham281

It's been a week and I haven't heard a word. Bummer.

33. blue-dream

blue-dream Initiate (0) Aug 22, 2013 Virgin Islands (U.S.)

he hasent been on since last thursday... you hear anything lately @mythaeus ?

34. mythaeus

Trader

I haven't either since he signed on and said he will ship me a box. I'm kinda just waiting for the box to show up.

35. nc41

nc41 Poo-Bah (2,771) Sep 25, 2008 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Trading is expensive, if your having problems just don't think about doing it, especially with multiple people. No excuse for the non communication none at all, IMO a bad trader even if you eventually get your box, the long waits plus his log ins means he sees and still blows you off.

36. F2brewers

Fest Crew Society Trader

Closing out our trade in April with feedback would be nice. I've got positive feedback in an BM from him. Even a simple cut and paste would be nice.

@Eric15 what's going on?

PatrickInAustinTx and blue-dream like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.