Trade Value of 1999 Oud Beersel Kriek and Geuze

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by supercolter, Apr 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supercolter

supercolter (0) Apr 19, 2006 Wisconsin
    Trader

Hey all,

I'm just curious what the overall trade value of these beers is. I have a potential trade involving these and I don't have a good frame of reference on what/if any value there is to these. If anyone has tasted these in the past couple of years, that would also be helpful.

Thanks for the help all and cheers,

Jeff

2. 7clutch

7clutch (0) Sep 14, 2012 Florida
    Trader

I have nothing to trade but I get ba ccb releases whenever they come out and personally if I saw a ft for these beers I'd offer up a couple of big ba limited release ccb or peg's releases in return. I'm sure you were hoping for answers like I traded xx for 03 ob kriek etc, but hopefully this is of some help.

3. drgarage

drgarage (0) Aug 19, 2008 California

Not as high as if they were 1999 Drie Fonteinens. But probably trading like other common but old lambic.

4. supercolter

supercolter (0) Apr 19, 2006 Wisconsin
    Trader

That is definitely helpful; thank you. I just want to make sure that I am offering enough if I decide to go after them as we are looking to expand the trade a bit. He's pretty easy-going, so I feel like he would say yes regardless, but I'd rather not be viewed as a low-baller. Thanks again.

Any other thoughts on the value are welcome as well...

5. stupac2

stupac2 (0) Feb 22, 2011 California

I had 2002's of these same beer a few months back (they were given to me for free, so I don't have any idea of value) and I would recommend not bothering. Beersel isn't really complex enough to age, they both just tasted old (although the Kriek was better).

6. gn0sis

gn0sis (0) Dec 17, 2007 Massachusetts

I've had some of the OB 99 geuze within the last year, in Belgium, stored in optimal cellaring conditions. To be perfectly honest, I'd skip it. As noted above, its fairly "out there" that OB really doesn't age so well. It would be a novelty thing only at this point. For what its worth, they are both available right now for delivery to your door for 24 & 26 euro, respectively, with in excess of a dozen+ of each in stock.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.