Trade Value Tuesday (TVT) 2019

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Jan 8, 2019.

1. KBS

KBS Disciple (301) Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Okay. Looking at retail cost and secondary I thought at least 2:1, especially with the move to smaller bottles on Transient. I guess I will post and see what happens.

2. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (102) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

yeah its prolly 1 mid level stasis bottle away from being even. far less cocomac and Barrel Theory and 3 chiefs nailed this one

3. TimG_0913

TimG_0913 Aspirant (227) Oct 6, 2014 Delaware
    Trader

Hey BA family need some help seeing where this trade should be.

• 8x 2018 Dark Lord
    • 4x 2017 Dark Lord
    • 1x 2019 Huna
    • 1x 2019 Xbalanque

WFE 4yr, Stagg JR, OWA, WSR, EC BP + EHT SB?

14:6

Is this trade off, if so what side adds or takes away to make it an even trade? Any and all help appreciated.

4. blkhawk14

blkhawk14 Initiate (102) Nov 14, 2014 Minnesota
    Trader

Seems about right

5. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (6,156) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

lol if you can find someone with all that bourbon interested in THAT MUCH DL...I'd love to know.

7irondave and bread_c like this.
  6. TimG_0913

Trader

I have the bourbon. And maybe you're right about being too much DL

7. cmukid87

cmukid87 Disciple (300) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

The heart wants what the heart wants....but that is a LOT of Dark Lord!

8. TimG_0913

Trader

I was going to use most of it for trades, but have been seeing posts stating DL and huna arent what they used to be

9. bread_c

bread_c Initiate (54) Feb 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

That bourbon is definitely going to trade better on it's own than regular Dark Lord & Huna.

Sabtos and MKE_Hopspur like this.
  10. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (6,156) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Wow, that is a complete mind fuck, first time I've seen it go that direction!

What @bread_c said, that DL won't trade outside of local in person stuff or some random non-whale trades, usually involving IPAs. Most traders are one and done, and almost of all those have had some vintage of DL or other.

TimG_0913 likes this.
  11. TimG_0913

Trader

Asked for 2 bottles of each instead and will just drink them, depending what he wants in return. I posted those bourbons with little traction. Any idea what some of those will pull? So I have a perspective and maybe do another ft:iso

12. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Aspirant (253) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Yeah Huna and reg DL are easy enough to acquire that stocking up for trade bait isn't worth it.

TimG_0913 likes this.
  13. sjguglielmo

sjguglielmo Initiate (58) Aug 26, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

List some things that you're interested in, and it'll be easier to weigh in on what your bottles will get you. In general, WFE 4yr and ECBP should trade the highest, followed by Stagg Jr and OWA slightly below them, then followed by EHT SB and WSR.

Thirst_trappist and jheimbigner like this.
  14. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Zealot (550) Apr 18, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

My thought is that the WFE 4yr and ECBP would be switched with the stagg JR and OWA. The former two just sit on shelves here. The other two get a lot of traction usually because the distillery they are coming from.

15. sjguglielmo

sjguglielmo Initiate (58) Aug 26, 2009 Minnesota
    Trader

Yeah, maybe all four are similar enough that it doesn't make sense to think of them as belonging to separate tiers anyway. In bourbon secondary (can I even say this word?!) groups, they all go for about the same.

There's certainly regional variability, though. WFE flies off the shelf very quickly here, but Stagg Jr isn't hard to find.

TimG_0913 likes this.