Trade Value Tuesday (TVT) 2019

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Jan 8, 2019.

1. spersichilli

spersichilli Initiate (82) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

HF side is overpaying, honestly should be close to 2:2. Most fair would be the two HF bottles and a small plus for the two horus

TurkeysDrinkBeer and 7irondave like this.
  2. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Zealot (574) Apr 18, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

I would say that is about right.

3. cmukid87

cmukid87 Disciple (309) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

If you are trading the BA Cake Walk, you'd need a plus.

spersichilli likes this.
  4. eppie82

eppie82 Meyvn (1,220) Apr 19, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I would think you would need a very solid plus.

spersichilli likes this.
  5. UnholyDemon8

UnholyDemon8 Initiate (52) Feb 28, 2017 Missouri
    Trader

Just trying to get some feedback here. Gonna try and track down an SR71 b1
    Was going to use bbt2 as my anchor as well as a weller 12 Liter. Besides the tough part of finding someone with an sr71 b1 at this point, how much further do you think I should go? Thanks in advance

6. eppie82

Trader

My honest guess, and I have a bottle of BBTb2, is it would take two of them to get an SR-71 batch 1. I don’t think matching $4$ (secondary wise) is enough to get a beer as rare and as coveted as SR-71 batch 1. You’re going to have to go over.

UnholyDemon8 likes this.
  7. izzyismyrott

izzyismyrott Disciple (308) Jan 5, 2015 Indiana
    Trader

I've been trying to trade for Adriot theory barrel aged stouts for some time. I've tried in the local for local and $4$ forums. I've tried on another site as well. FT I've offered fresh 450 North and/or 3 Floyd's. Crickets. Not a message or response.
    Am I undervaluing Adroit or are they just too good to trade?
    Thanks
    Jake

8. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (6,557) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Think it might be smaller consumer base...?

I've been having the same issue with Wolves & People, which is a kind of out of the way part of a state that doesn't do a lot of trading to begin with.

izzyismyrott likes this.
  9. Benighted88

Benighted88 Initiate (72) Jan 10, 2016 North Carolina
    Trader

Lately I've been struggling to find anything with trade value in Western NC, anyone have any suggestions of releases around the area that hold any value?

10. MKE_Hopspur

MKE_Hopspur Initiate (35) Mar 15, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Thoughts on Perennial Anniversary Blend 2018 for 2 Midnight Still '19? I'd be on the Perennial side. I'm leaning towards me needing a plus since I'd be the one looking to make the trade happen. Thoughts on plus size?

11. Slack

Slack Champion (881) Feb 14, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

Adroit Theory is a long drive for most people that live in and around Washington DC. They do distribute beers to Total Wine and various retailers in the area but that is the large batch stuff. Even then the variety is small. A lot of their stuff is brewery only. I can take a look and send a list of bottles available but you may have to remind me, lol.

izzyismyrott likes this.
  12. jheimbigner

Society Trader

The way I am seeing trades go on local Seattle FB pages, I think you could still be off by up to .5 vru. Once I have more time, I'll dig a little more.

You may get lucky and find someone out of Washington who will trade you, but the Seattle locals are really trading high for this.

Some trades I have seen close (post IP)
    1:1 with Damon '19
    1:3 with Full 3 Matt's vertical ('17,'18'19)
    1:1 with Honey Punch
    2:1 with Fermanent and light
    3+:2 with 2x fou, dG sixth peach and a plus

danielledrinksbeer likes this.
  13. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Aspirant (263) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Would a hidden springs whale batter be 1:1? Small plus needed?

14. MKE_Hopspur

MKE_Hopspur Initiate (35) Mar 15, 2017 Wisconsin
    Trader

Completely understandable. Tends to be that way when trading for any BA HM. If that's the case I'll be perfectly fine missing out on this one.

15. danielledrinksbeer

danielledrinksbeer Initiate (30) Mar 11, 2018 Washington
    Trader

I have seen it close in other trade group 1:1 for Whale Batter. No mention of any plus.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  16. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Disciple (377) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

Having no idea what that place looks like you might wanna try getting bourbon and trading that for beer

17. Thirst_trappist

Trader

What kind of vru is guava rum table going for?

About how long ago was it released?

Anyone see completed trades for it?

18. jheimbigner

Society Trader

It has been trading anywhere for 1.25 to 1.5 VRU.
    Not seeing a completed shipped trade, so may need to increase ammo if shipping. There is an open trade (posted in the last few days) of BAA 19' + Langst b2 and that has not closed - actually no comments beyond OP adding the Langst.

It was a silent 1pp release about two months ago.

Most completed trades have been for other HM beers, and floodland. One that stuck out to me was grt + Bertha for B1k.

19. Freshly_Squeezed_Ry

Freshly_Squeezed_Ry Initiate (89) Feb 9, 2017 Florida
    Trader

What is the new batch of FO trading for? Is it hitting distribution this year?

20. putonyourwalkingshoes

Trader

Should be rather easy hasn't hit distribution yet but will after this weekend. It was limit 6pp online and did not sell out instantly like b3 and earlier.

21. putonyourwalkingshoes

Trader

Let me know what you find out there if there's stuff like THH, GTS, or higher end store pick bottles id gladly pay a good bourbon tax to trade with you

22. cmukid87

Trader

Where are BA henna at these days? Toasted marshmallow, karma, double rainbow?

23. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (6,557) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I think Double Rainbow is way higher up there over the other two. I found Toasted Marshmallow fell off real quick, but BA DR is still damn delicious. I traded my BA Adjunct Trail for BA Henna Double Rainbow, Great Notion BA Double Stack, and Label Us Notorious. Looking back I really won due to the explosion of interest in BA AT at that time. I'd settle for smaller pluses for batch one now.

That said, no idea where b2 would land if/when that drops.

24. putonyourwalkingshoes

Trader

I've asked before without much response about attaining decent bourbon. I'm looking for something in the neighborhood of a GTS, THH, Eagle Rare or in in that vicinity.
    Would something like:

Fundamental Theorem+Chaos Grid Final Course+MT Expresso macaroon+FOb3

get me there? What's attainable above something like Willet 4 yr rye?

25. cmukid87

Trader

Sounds like Double Rainbow is too rich for my blood right now. Those are the 3 that I have not had so I guess I'll start by tracking down Toasted Marshmallow and Karma.

26. jheimbigner

Society Trader

You are close to value of GTS or THH, still aways off for ER17.

Could get something like a rock Hill farms + Elmer t Lee +?, old Fitzgerald 13yr +, w12 + owa +, Willet 6 yr sp+

There are loads out there that are attainable above Willet 4 yr rye. In Washington Willet 4 yr rye reg/sp sit on the shelves for about $100 after tax and that is also about secondary value for them.

putonyourwalkingshoes likes this.
  27. putonyourwalkingshoes

Trader

Thank you for the help /jheimbigner

jheimbigner likes this.
  28. spersichilli

spersichilli Initiate (82) Apr 26, 2018 Florida
    Trader

How many treehouse cans would be fair to offer for FOb5 + NCb2? Thinking 10-12 should do it right?

putonyourwalkingshoes likes this.
  29. jamshard2mash

jamshard2mash Initiate (61) May 4, 2017 California
    Trader

I'd say a little more. FOb5 would probably be 6 cans and NCb2 8-9 cans. Also depends if some of the cans arent as released as often VG, VH, DG, ect

LGHT and Rustytacos like this.
  30. TurkeysDrinkBeer

TurkeysDrinkBeer Initiate (57) Sep 8, 2018 Virginia
    Trader

I have access to most of Adroit Theory's distro at the local bottle shops. Will check on availability and report back. Zero interest in 450 or 3F though, access to anything else?

izzyismyrott and 7irondave like this.
  31. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,354) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

Something I would point out as an "oh by the way." As @jheimbigner can likely attest to, Washington has the highest sales tax in the country when it comes to liquor. I want to say it's around 35%.

https://www.salestaxhandbook.com/washington/alcohol

Just something to keep in mind when you see an "after tax" list price for a bottle of booze in Washington.

32. putonyourwalkingshoes

Trader

Thanks John I recall that having been to Seattle before. We get Willet 4yr here I've even seen in at Costco but those other aforementioned bottles don't make it down here much... that or I'm at the wrong liquor stores

33. eppie82

Trader

I recently traded my Toasted Marshmallow away for Lou Pepe Framboise ‘13. I had 2 people reach out to me after I posted that ISO:FT. I love LPF and desperately wanted a vintage I hadn’t had.

Thirst_trappist and cmukid87 like this.
  34. ColomboLQ

ColomboLQ Initiate (91) Dec 21, 2015 Texas
    Trader

Would an Assassin 19 be enough to land both Damon 18 + Damon 19? If not, what kind of plus would I need (I'm on the Assassin side).

35. jheimbigner

Society Trader

Thanks @John_M

Yup usually Total wine has slightly below secondary cost for decent bourbon and scotch, but most individually owned places (at least in Spokane) price 'rare' bourbon/scotch right, if not slightly above secondary price.

Crazy that I can get a 750ml of Buffalo Trace close to $15 cheaper if I just go into Idaho.

36. jheimbigner

Society Trader

This seems close. If you add a jk limited release, bet it gets done quick.

As far as $4$, I think it is almost spot on.

ColomboLQ likes this.
  37. John_M

John_M Poo-Bah (6,354) Oct 25, 2003 Oregon
    Moderator Society Trader

It's pretty bad here in Oregon as well. My wife and I don't drink a lot of hard liquor (though my wife likes a good gin and tonic), so I don't find myself buying a lot of liquor. When I do, I try to get it on trips to California (or in duty free stores) for the exact same reason.

The price differential is pretty significant.

38. Thirst_trappist

Trader

That's crazy

39. Cubby44

Cubby44 Initiate (15) Friday Pennsylvania
    Trader

New on here. Have Treehouse Julius.

40. 7irondave

7irondave Devotee (471) Jun 22, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

I have two dogs