Trade Value Tuesday (TVT) 2019

Discussion in 'Trade Talk' started by blkhawk14, Jan 8, 2019.

1. jheimbigner

jheimbigner Zealot (591) Apr 18, 2015 Washington
    Society Trader

I think it may have some $4$ value, but I think they are going to be on tavour

alert likes this.
  2. alert

alert Initiate (18) Aug 20, 2019 Georgia

I'm just looking for $4$ for something like D.O.R.I.S or B.O.R.I.S from someone in the region

3. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (726) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

I can't answer your question but here in Milwaukee it's allocated to two cases per account. Not sure how much of it is outside of Wisconsin. Not sure if that helps you or not.

4. alert

alert Initiate (18) Aug 20, 2019 Georgia

In my local area only one store within an hour of me got a single case and it was sold out after being on the shelves less than 12 hours. We gets lots of UA stuff here but this is the first UC/AC collab I have seen since Gas Station Coffee last year

5. not2quick

not2quick Devotee (405) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

Someone offering nillers b1+NCb2+Blantons store pick for BBTb1. Sounds pretty favorable for the bbtb1. Buddy asked me so I figured I'd post.

6. TimG_0913

TimG_0913 Aspirant (261) Oct 6, 2014 Delaware
    Trader

Just now seeing this post. I closed down the one for the MD set.

Now would like to know what bourbon for both tetes combined and individual.

7. maxmeier3

maxmeier3 Initiate (52) Nov 11, 2018 Iowa
    Trader

I saw that too, really surprised it hasn’t closed already. It’s a very nice offer imo

8. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (38) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Trader

Try to get a sense of VRU values for the following:
    BAIGCS
    BA AT
    BA Cake walk
    Rare 15
    Prop 17
    Handjee

I had offered a SP Fermier set (AdF, FdF, CdF, SdF) in return for combos, but I think I expected too much in return. I don't think any one of my beers could draw my ISO so have to package them to get closer. Thanks for the help!

9. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,122) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

I'd think you could get 2:4 depending on the config, or maybe 3:4.

Fair warning, the banana in Prop 17 has pretty much died. You should try visiting Chicago when it's available on site. It's not worth trading for if the actual ingredient list is the draw for you.

Thirst_trappist and Affinity like this.
  10. Affinity

Affinity Initiate (38) Nov 24, 2018 Missouri
    Trader

Thanks for the tip, Sabtos. Maybe I will wait until a friend wants to open a Prop 17 rather than trading for basically BCBS 17. Hoping to get up to Chicago for the Binny's black Friday release, but they usually only have current year releases if memory serves me correct.

It's always hard trading for stout with anything other than stout. Appreciate the advice.

11. maxmeier3

Trader

I think this is the issue you’re running into. “Valuewise” I’m sure you’re there but it’s going to take the right set of eyes to jump on this. I have a couple of your iso’s and would be looking to trade for stouts if I was going to part with them.

Thirst_trappist likes this.
  12. Borandon

Borandon Initiate (102) Dec 8, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Hey all looking for some advice on a couple bottles. I’m curious if anybody has enjoyed them recently or if I should try and trade for fresher bottles.

I’ve got bottles of bourbon county vanilla rye, prop 14 and prop 17. Are these worth drinking or looking for something on the fresher side?

Thanks for the advice

13. maxmeier3

Trader

I had a VR a couple months ago and it was phenomenal. Bourbon chocolate marshmallow deliciousness. Couldn’t help with the others though

odcardinal likes this.
  14. Sabtos

Society Trader

Ironically, I just cracked my last Criminal Commission tonight, and found that it had more banana in it now than it had when fresh. I think mainly due to the booze and cinnamon settling down. It's friggin tasty, better than Prop 17 at this point.

7irondave likes this.
  15. Sabtos

Society Trader

If you've had them all, and aren't obsessed with them, trade them. They're worth more than you care for them. I opened a Prop 14 recently and it was nice and all, but still very cinnamon forward--some don't like that, some love it.

spersichilli likes this.
  16. MattOC

MattOC Disciple (324) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Have you had them? If so, go after beers you want and have never had. If not, I guess I don't understand why you'd trade away beers you've never had.

Sure, they aren't the freshest, but Vanilla Rye is one of the best beers I've ever had. Granted, I did have it fresh. I had Prop 17 fresh as well and thought that was very good. Never had '14, but it seems to be considered a great beer fresh/aged.

17. Borandon

Trader

I haven’t had any of them yet. I’m just trying to figure out if they’re worth cracking at this point or will I be disappointed. I’m the original owner of the VR, I guess I never found the “right moment” to open it up and I’m afraid I’ve built it up inside my head for too long. The prop14 was hand delivered by a single owner a little more than a month ago.

So I’m here with old beer wondering if i should let them go or crack them soon. With all the good beer out there should I try and trade them to get something that’s fresher and more of a guarantee?

I’m not really sure of value on any of these bottles but should I try and trade up for something epic like a BBT or could I even go 2+:2 with a BAA and Maman?

18. MattOC

MattOC Disciple (324) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I hear you. I have no idea on the value, but reading things on here VR and Prop '14 seem to trade quite high. So, if you go that route you could probably get some great bottles. Others will be able to provide better feedback on the respective values relative to the bottles you mentioned.

What if you're disappointed by the bottles you get and never opened the bottles you traded away, you'll never know. You could also convince yourself before even having those other beers you mention that they are unreal. Not saying those beers aren't great, I could only dream of drinking/trading for them.

Again for me, I don't trade bottles away that I have and or acquired that I've never had. I'd drink those bottles-this weekend-since I've never had them. I'd want to know.

Good luck with whatever you do.

Sabtos likes this.
  19. Borandon

Trader

I appreciate the advice and you’re probably right I should drink these bottles this weekend.

dxtxxii, not2quick and MattOC like this.
  20. Thirst_trappist

Thirst_trappist Aspirant (270) Jan 18, 2016 Florida
    Trader

Are you alive? Is it a part of the week that ends in -day? Do you like beer?

If you answer yes to any question.....it's the right moment

21. rmpic82

rmpic82 Aspirant (257) Jan 27, 2017 Kansas
    Trader

You should be able to go 1:1 on VR:BAA '19 - not sure about '18 (which is better). I don't think you'd find any takers on Maman at a 1:1. If you're split on how to proceed...split your decision. Drink the VR and trade the Prop '14 (or vice versa). I've had VR a half dozen times over the years, most recently in December last year, and I've never been disappointed. As sabtos pointed out, Prop '14 might be more specific to a palate. And report back your research if you crack 'em.

spersichilli, Sabtos and MattOC like this.
  22. Sabtos

Society Trader

Exactly. Never sit on beer, especially flavored stouts, unless you've already had it once.

23. not2quick

not2quick Devotee (405) Dec 1, 2015 Missouri
    Society Trader

I've found myself waiting for the right moment to drink certain beer, and overtime I tend to sit on things too long. Drink them all ESPECIALLY if you've never had them. Prop 14 and VR are classics. They will drink great.

Thirst_trappist, MattOC and rmpic82 like this.
  24. Borandon

Trader

Thanks for the input. Must be the collector in me that’s waited for so long.

I appreciate all the feedback from everyone that’s responded. Much thanks.

Cheers

25. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Disciple (386) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

To the mead experts what does it take to land BSS. I understand they made a lot more this year plus the variants like stepped in mud but it's still highly regarded. Anyone have a rough VRU multiple. Honestly VRU is getting harder and harder to evaluate so I'll take any ideas.

26. Thirst_trappist

Trader

I'd feel vru was the only standard of 200 ish

It seemed previous bss batches seemed around 2vru but someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

27. Thirst_trappist

Trader

28. jhavs

jhavs Poo-Bah (1,764) Apr 16, 2015 New Hampshire
    Society Trader

Had a Vanilla Rye this past July shared with friends. It was still excellent.

cmukid87 likes this.
  29. cmukid87

cmukid87 Disciple (316) Jan 30, 2017 Michigan
    Trader

I don't want to worry anyone but the VR drank this past December was an absolute shell of it's former self. Everyone except for one person had never had it before. His first sip and he just shook his head.

If you are the OG owner you should have a spectacular bottle. It's the bottles that have seen more time inside a FedEx truck than not that are the problems.

30. Vitacca

Vitacca Crusader (726) Sep 15, 2010 Wisconsin
    Society Trader

I don't have the most ideal storage conditions but my basement stays fairly cool year round. I've drank a bottle every year since 2014 and I feel it has fallen off considerably. If it was my first time having it I certainly wouldn't be blown away. Will be having one in October so can report back. One more for 2020 then she's done. That beer fresh was magical.

odcardinal and Thirst_trappist like this.
  31. Mitch73

Mitch73 Initiate (0) Thursday
    Trader

Wondering how many bottle logic bottles I should be offering up for a PB Noche. I have the following, all being the newest batches.
    Number crunch, FOb5, Ground state, red eye november, BGO, Leche Borracho, The lost colony, and el duende

32. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Initiate (133) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

Honestly if you had bastion of reason that's a right up the same alley as far as taste goes imho. I've had both recently and both were good, not sure how PBC was fresher but within the last month both were similar. PBC was creamier and bastion had more of a roastier taste. I'd say NC +bgo +gs should get you close to a PBC if you really want to tick that bottle.

33. Rustytacos

Rustytacos Initiate (133) Mar 19, 2018 California
    Trader

@Mitch73 also if you are willing to part with that bgo hit me up.

34. dxtxxii

dxtxxii Initiate (38) Dec 1, 2016 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I recently traded a BSS for BVC + Coffee Shop Vibes 1:2. I agree that it's close to 2x VRU.

jhavs and putonyourwalkingshoes like this.
  35. putonyourwalkingshoes

putonyourwalkingshoes Disciple (386) Jul 31, 2013 California
    Trader

Thanks wow still pretty high up there. Appreciate the help

dxtxxii likes this.
  36. joon2007

joon2007 Initiate (27) Dec 15, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Does anyone know trade values of Answer’s crowlers (eg King’s Oreo Banana Cream Pie) and cans (eg Colonel Angus)? Ive hardly seen their stouts for trade. I may look for them using some of my AC beers (eg BA Ultra Violence).

37. Dark_Scarecrow

Dark_Scarecrow Disciple (393) Jul 19, 2018 Virginia
    Society Trader

There will not be many Answer stouts for trade as they seldom leave the building. The treasured Andall series are almost exclusively in-house consumption. On rare occasions they will offer a very few flip top 12oz bottles on a first-come first served basis. The Answer will have their "Answer" series stouts available in crowlers from time to time but this is a different stout base. Still good but not on the level of the Andall stouts.
    You mentioned the 'Colonel' beers. These were a limited run of cans...something relatively new for the Answer. Perhaps they will offer more of these can runs in the future but it does not seem like something they will do on a regular or predictable basis.
    @TomCat11 is well versed on the Richmond scene. Perhaps he can offer more information on you inquiry.

joon2007 and jhavs like this.
  38. TomCat11

TomCat11 Devotee (490) Jul 21, 2012 Virginia
    Trader

@Dark_Scarecrow is 100% correct in this, @joon2007 . Getting a Crowler of an Andall is nearly impossible since they do not offer them. You may see them pop up from time to time to a fortunate few but it's extremely rare. The Answer has started to do their own stouts which I hope will become more common as we head into fall/winter stout season. I can fully see them transitioning from mainly IPA cans and doing more darker beers in the coming months so hopefully we will see those. 'Forgot to Check In' is their Session stout without any adjuncts and that has been pretty much a mainstay on their taplist all summer. That is available in Crowlers all the time it's on tap just like their IPAs.

You best bet is if you are on FB be sure to join the Questions & The Answer group. It's run by a good number of people very close with An and The Answer family. I see trades completed there quite often and rarely there's anyone trying to gouge others. There will also be random giveaways and just a lot of good juju happening.

joon2007, jhavs and Dark_Scarecrow like this.
  39. Dark_Scarecrow

Dark_Scarecrow Disciple (393) Jul 19, 2018 Virginia
    Society Trader

Thanks @TomCat11 !! I was hoping that you could expound on my reply. Your Richmond knowledge is always appreciated !!

joon2007 and TomCat11 like this.
  40. joon2007

joon2007 Initiate (27) Dec 15, 2017 Florida
    Trader

Thank you guys @Dark_Scarecrow @TomCat11 . I tried Colonel Angus on Hunahpu day, and felt its one of the best oreo stouts. I didn’t know about their Andall series, its interesting.
    Hope I can get some Answer’s beers in the future.