1. Looking to trade some beers? Check out How to Get Started with Beer Trading.

Traders remorse...

Discussion in 'Beer Trading Talk' started by Cenosillicaphobe, Dec 22, 2012.

1. 4DAloveofSTOUT

4DAloveofSTOUT Nov 28, 2008 Illinois
    Beer Trader

Thats a true beer advocate talking right there! More people need to have this attitude about trading! aasher has got the right idea!

2. bryanole27

bryanole27 Jun 24, 2011 North Carolina

I wouldn't say 'remorse' but more of a 'hindsight is 20/20' type situation. I traded a Hunahpu for a Dark Lord and completed a 3-year DL vertical. I very glad I got to try the Dark Lords, but in hindsight would rather have my Hunahpu all day. However, if I had never made the trade, I would still want to try it and wouldn't have the hindsight...so it is what it is. Still glad I did it.

3. Thehuntmaster

Thehuntmaster Sep 2, 2009 South Africa

I regret trading some beers whose value tripled shortly after I traded them :confused:

Though to be clear, I am not at all unhappy with the trade that I made, just wish I had waited a few more weeks :p

4. xnicknj

xnicknj May 25, 2009 Pennsylvania

I don't regret anything I can think of, but sometimes I'm sad to see things go, even if it's for another bottle I really want. For example, it was tough to let go of my last BCBVS in a recent trade.

5. futura123

futura123 Jul 29, 2010 California

Hopefully you don't regret any trade with me :)

6. Thehuntmaster

Thehuntmaster Sep 2, 2009 South Africa

Of course not :p I don't regret any trades, just regret not holding a few beers back!

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe