Transient Reserve Society

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by EOTLBrewer, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. core42

core42 May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

Yes but not everything is available for growler fill

2. bpolglaze

bpolglaze Feb 2, 2007 Wisconsin
    Trader

Great, thanks!

3. P739397

P739397 Feb 13, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

I agree, still very tasty but seems different. The first cans I had this summer and the Chicago cans were different that the last two Michigan cans, in my memory.

4. trginter

trginter Dec 1, 2008 Michigan

Yeah, unfortunately I bought a couple 4-packs before I tried it on draft. A very mediocre DIPA.

5. prior2two

prior2two Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Yep

6. cetherid

cetherid Aug 23, 2010 Indiana

this batch definitely seems darker and sweeter.

7. wizzy

wizzy May 20, 2006 Michigan

They do, but hops only, and nothing that they currently have available in cans.

8. mychalg9

mychalg9 Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Anything new regarding IL membership? I always feel like I miss some of the emails.

9. jlsims04

jlsims04 Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

havent seen anything.

I really happy that things are going well for Transient but a little frustrated that there is very little communication to IL memebrs and that we see such little distro now. Especailly for the folks who have been handing money over in blind faith when he was still just sharing space at Aquanaut.

zach60614 and mychalg9 like this.
  10. lloydboss

lloydboss May 9, 2014 Illinois

Nothing new I've seen since the email from March 5 that I posted one page back in the thread. he said ~5 bottles in 4-6 weeks, so I'm guessing mid April release? Lots of us with the blind faith in IL. I'm hopeful with him brewing at both Hailstorm & apparently with barrels aging at Mikerphone we'll see an uptick in IL availability. Perhaps even some IL member only releases that aren't out to general distro....

11. ColonelHopslam

ColonelHopslam Jan 22, 2014 Michigan

New batch has no haze, but tastes just as good. I find it kind of odd how much emphasis is placed on "haze" and not on taste.

12. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

I hope the price has come down accordingly since the haze wasn't included. If there is no haze, you can't charge haze craze prices.

ja1022, croush and Bbear like this.
  13. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

I actually think it tastes distinctly less hoppy/juicy and more like a traditional Midwest IPA

14. KCUnited

KCUnited Nov 11, 2014 Arizona
    Trader

Unless they're still toying with the recipe, I'd hope the emphasis is on consistency.

15. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

Pour 90% of the can, swirl remaining 10% vigorously for 3 seconds, pour remaining contents of can into beer. Makes it more hazy and seems to give it a fuller flavor and MF. I do this every time with all of Transients canned hops, and if it's wrong to do so I don't want to be right.

16. gashmoney

gashmoney Apr 10, 2013 Michigan

I literally just started doing the same about 2 cans ago and it makes quite a difference. I was beginning to wonder if this was something one is suppose to do with these beers.

I can recommend NOT doing the same with cans of M-43 unless you want to actually chew the hops/beer in the bottom of your glass. Lots of matter in the bottom of those cans.

BEERschlitz likes this.
  17. Vitacca

Vitacca Sep 15, 2010 Montana
    Society Trader

I had it for the first time at Huna Day and it was underwhelming. Malty and bitter, pretty much the opposite of what it's supposed to be? It did not make a good first impression.

18. Savearth

Savearth Mar 5, 2012 Michigan

Anyone know if kids are allowed in Transient? Thanks.

19. HouseofWortship

HouseofWortship May 3, 2016 Illinois
    Society Trader

Their IPAs aren't THAT juicy.

Nbrock24, BEERschlitz and Jaycase like this.
  20. BEERschlitz

BEERschlitz Oct 13, 2013 Michigan

Yes sir, I brought my daughter with me for their first release of Obligatory in cans and we had a great time hanging out together having a beer (me) and a water (her) :wink: . I was there during early afternoon though, not sure I'd want to take a child there later than 630-7ish when the drinking crowd comes in, but I'm sure you wouldn't be turned away if it was at that time or a little later.

21. Savearth

Savearth Mar 5, 2012 Michigan

Appreciate the info. Heading back through the area and will have my 17-yr old and wanted to stop in for a pour and grab some Flightless if it's still around. He'll be fine.

BEERschlitz likes this.
  22. cetherid

cetherid Aug 23, 2010 Indiana

Is there such a thing as a brewery that doesn't allow kids, in Michigan?

23. goast8127

goast8127 Oct 15, 2010 Michigan

Brooks Brewing for sure does not. Found that out the hard way.

24. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

The first time I had it I thought it rivaled Narrow Gauge for best Midwest NEIPA. Each time I've had it since then it's gotten a little worse

25. ColonelHopslam

Took your advice. Much more haze than the previous carelessly poured can.

[​IMG]

BEERschlitz likes this.
  26. croush

croush Mar 20, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

I get the feeling that was not posted to really show us the haze.

GuyFawkes likes this.
  27. ColonelHopslam

For context. I'm watching the last 8 games of the season from 2016 from now until next Saturday. Gotta get in the zone for opening day next Sunday.

28. TonyLuvsBeer

TonyLuvsBeer Mar 28, 2015 Michigan
    Trader

I agree on TJIL lacking haze. Mine also seemed undercarbonated. I did roll my can on its side a few times before opening. With that said, it still tasted similar to the last batch I had. I will try the pour 90% method and swirl the last 10%.

29. ECCS

ECCS Oct 28, 2015 Illinois

Any word from transient what happened? Purposely changed or unforeseen mistake?

I had the January 2017 Chicago release of JiL and thought it was superb. Just had the March 2017 Michigan release as an extra in a trade and its disappointing.

I know it's been discussed in the past 20 posts, just wondering if transient has acknowledged the major discrepancy in these two beers with the same name.

30. KBS

KBS Apr 25, 2014 Michigan
    Trader

Check the NE IPA's in SW Michigan thread and all will be revealed.

core42, ECCS and GuyFawkes like this.
  31. mychalg9

mychalg9 Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

Have we heard anything regarding the next batch of bottles yet?

32. zach60614

zach60614 May 1, 2012 Illinois

We are getting real close to 6 weeks from that last email so it doesn't look like they are hitting that window as I doubt they'd announce the release only a few days prior to it actually happening.

mychalg9 likes this.
  33. lloydboss

lloydboss May 9, 2014 Illinois

I think he could turn this out pretty quick. I'm guessing this will be another Beer Temple only release with online in advance ordering for Society members. Figure email goes out saying orders can start next day, leave the window open for a few days & then pickups starting a few days later? It's not like this will be first come/first serve where people need to take off work & line up to make sure they can get some.

and yes agree that we are getting close to 6 weeks.....:rolling_eyes::confused:

34. zach60614

So much for 6 weeks.

lloydboss likes this.
  35. jlsims04

jlsims04 Jul 14, 2013 Illinois

Any Illinois members get any info? Starting to get a little frustrated with how things have gone this year.

zach60614 and lloydboss like this.
  36. TransientArtisanAles

TransientArtisanAles Apr 26, 2016 Michigan

We apologize for the lack of information thus far. We are working out a few last details before we send out emails to members. We had a few kinks in one of our tenant brewing spaces that has thrown a wrench into our regular plans, but we will have something for you all momentarily.

37. Makubex

Makubex Jul 4, 2012 Illinois

Oh shit, that's right, they brewed out of Aquanaut for their Illinois releases and Aquanaut bit the dust along with most of the Bow Truss locations (same douchebag owner).

Transient has always seemed to be good pals with Hailstorm though, I'm sure they were happy to pick up the pieces.

38. PHBoiler

PHBoiler Jan 14, 2013 Illinois

The first spontaneous fermented beer from the coolship is being released Saturday. Congrats to @TransientArtisanAles on the 1 year anniversary in Bridgman. Wish I could make it up this weekend.

Nachos4two likes this.
  39. zach60614

New email with a release upcoming at Beer Temple (no info on what the release is going to be of course). Oh and Buckley and Kentuckley are Michigan only this year.

mychalg9 and Makubex like this.
  40. kort27

kort27 Apr 23, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

Looking for a proxy for the Anachronism release starting May 5th. Going to DLD, can exchange there. Will make worth your while.

If not, I just donated $1 to charity - look at me!

#760 kort27, May 1, 2017
    Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Makubex likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.