Transient Reserve Society

Discussion in 'US - Midwest' started by EOTLBrewer, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _mark_s

_mark_s Feb 27, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

The lack of communication is disappointing.

2. TransientArtisanAles

TransientArtisanAles Apr 26, 2016 Michigan

Since you are all talking about it, I will address the member event.

As many of you know our former host brewery, Aquanaut, went out of business this last Spring. Their owner, Phil Tadros, stole from me not only most of my sales $ from that year prior to their official closing, but now our location for the final party. Unfortunate as it may be, that is the situation we find ourselves in. We are actively looking to find a solution to this problem so we can close out our membership properly, but that is easier said than done. It was difficult enough to pick a weekend that satisfied the largest amount of our members, but adding in that we need that weekend to also work at a new space is not a simple task. We ask for your patience as we try to solve this problem and will keep you informed as things develop.

Thank you

mychalg9, TheBus, Makubex and 3 others like this.
  3. Al_Fresco

Al_Fresco Mar 15, 2015 Wisconsin
    Trader

Appreciate the update, Chris. Thank you.

lloydboss likes this.
  4. big789J

big789J Mar 13, 2014 Illinois

Sounds like they're closing the membership program so the waitlist is irrelevant.

5. big789J

big789J Mar 13, 2014 Illinois

Wow Tardos was quite the scumbag eh? Is there anyone he did business with that he didn't steal from?

4lokogod, Elldawg13 and BuffaloBill12 like this.
  6. Bbear

Bbear Oct 26, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

7. FleskBrewFan

FleskBrewFan Aug 4, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Satch44 likes this.
  8. GuyFawkes

GuyFawkes Apr 7, 2011 Illinois
    Society Trader

9. lloydboss

lloydboss May 9, 2014 Illinois

I could be wrong, but I read Chris' note as closing out this membership period with the party, not stopping the IL membership program completely. But with the challenges in finding a location, that could be the case. @TransientArtisanAles can you confirm your future plans for IL members?

mychalg9 likes this.
  10. mychalg9

mychalg9 Apr 8, 2010 Illinois

If the IL membership is closing for good, I hope this party is a rager

lloydboss and jaysker95 like this.
  11. prior2two

prior2two Oct 18, 2013 Illinois
    Trader

Rum Buckley next week. Had it on draft last weekend and the Wesko Beach beer fest, and it was outstanding.

12. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

Assuming it’s the same, Rum Jumbie was the best Buckley variant at the Kentuckley/Bark Lord/Buckley release

Makubex likes this.
  13. core42

core42 May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

^^^^^^ this ^^^^^^^

...and yes it is the same one. From the members email "Those of you who attended Buckley day this last May had the opportunity to try several variants of our breakfast stout, including one packed with spices and rum oak goodness. Inspired by a downright terrible rum liqueur, Rum Jumbie Buckley was easily the fan favorite that day, and because of that we decided that rather than doing some pumpkin spice beer, we would do a special bottle release of this beer during the season most fitting of it, FALL!"

Makubex and Nbrock24 like this.
  14. lloydboss

Really looking forward to this release, also appreciated the update on the end of membership period party.

What do you guys think of @TransientArtisanAles saying that he could have it at Hailstorm but that it's "likely not convenient for a good portion of you"? In prior periods Chris has polled the members for a day of the week for the party & IMO a poll regarding having it at Hailstorm wouldn't be out of line.

I think he may be underestimating his members if he thinks a majority wouldn't drive to Tinley Park for the party if they were available that day, especially if he does the bottle release at the Open Bottle (5 minutes from Hailstorm) and not the Beer Temple. This is the Chicago beer scene after all, a 45-60 minute drive isn't that big a deal (IMO) for an event like this

JJ_17 and oN3xM like this.
  15. PhilBallins

PhilBallins Nov 29, 2016 Illinois

Dammit, Rum Buckley was awesome. Of course it'll be on a weekend that I'm out of town

Nbrock24 likes this.
  16. prior2two

Trader

I disagree 100%. Having to go to areas not set-up with public trans, is a major deterrent.

17. Quilentro

Quilentro May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Transient release only?

18. Redpac

Redpac Aug 27, 2009 Illinois
    Trader

There is a metra station 1.3 miles from hailstorm, Uber works from there as well.

PHBoiler and lloydboss like this.
  19. lloydboss

Redpac read my mind. Not currently living in the city (western burbs) I'm driving to the event either way. And TBH Aquanuat wasn't really convenient from a public transportation perspective anyway (IMO). I would pick up friends that live in Lincoln Square before prior parties & we would still drive to Aquanuat from there.

oN3xM and PHBoiler like this.
  20. mychalg9

I actually wouldn't mind travelling to the MI brewery for the party. However I'm not sure how it would work considering they are normally open for business on weekends and would likely lose money if they shut it down for the day. Maybe the new addition could be closed off for the party? If it's in IL I'd prefer the city since it's much quicker to get to from the NW burbs than Tinley is, but ultimately I don't really care where it is.

21. prior2two

Trader

I mean, that’s awesome and everything, there’s a reason I don’t join any suburban memberships, or see if there are any available.

It’s a moot point discussing it, since it looks like hes going to look to find a place to host it in the city.

22. Redpac

Trader

So be honest in the future, it isn't about public transit, you just didn't want it in the suburbs.

PHBoiler likes this.
  23. prior2two

Trader

Well yeah. The public trans being a large part of it.

Taking an Uber to the metra, and the another Uber in Tinley isn’t my idea of solid public trans.

zach60614 and Ferocious like this.
  24. Redpac

Trader

Not sure why you'd have to uber to the Lasalle street metra station, the L drops you off right in front of it. The closest L station to Aquanaut was 1.1 miles away, not much closer than the metra is to hailstorm. I guess there were some buses that went close-ish to aquanaut. I don't think Aquanaut had "Solid public trans" by your definition.

bradner and PHBoiler like this.
  25. prior2two

Trader

Damen bus dropped you off like a block away. Ashland bus 3 blocks away. Western Bus 5 blocks.

Brown line 6 blocks. Ravenswood metra was less than a mile.

26. lloydboss

anyone know details on the new addition? Saw the OG post on facebook but nothing regarding what the space will be used for (increased production, seating, barrel aging, etc.

27. mychalg9

Good question. Right now I'm just picturing it as a big open room which would work quite nicely for a giant party :slight_smile:

28. core42

core42 May 5, 2010 Michigan
    Trader

yep

Quilentro likes this.
  29. prior2two

Trader

Transient doesn’t really see distro to begin with. Maybe a few bottle shops in Michigan every once in awhile, but that’s about it, and it definitely won’t see Illinois.

They’re a Michigan brewery.

Quilentro likes this.
  30. lloydboss

I dont think this will be a members only release though, there should be sales open to the public. pre order is members only

Quilentro likes this.
  31. Nbrock24

Trader

Luckily this is about to change

32. lloydboss

Do tell? More MI distro or are we talking IL?

33. Quilentro

Quilentro May 12, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Rum Buckley on draft at Green Lady for upcoming fundraiser (first Friday in Nov I think). I think I might go!

Nbrock24 and croush like this.
  34. Nbrock24

Trader

Chris had said on ABV Chicago that Chicago will be seeing Transient stuff at the usual spots. I was wondering if that meant he'd be brewing in someone else's house like before. Since then the rumor (reliable I believe) I heard was that Transient will be getting select distro in Illinois (heard the specific distributor's name too). No clue on when that will happen though.

35. lloydboss

Sweet, I'll take that to mean Beer Temple, Beer Cellar & Open Bottle which is terrific.

wonder if that means that IL members no longer need to receive beers brewed in IL & could receive the MI brewed beers too if the distributor brought them to Beer Temple for pickup?

Nbrock24 likes this.
  36. BillMueller

BillMueller Nov 27, 2011 Indiana
    Trader

How’s the line in Bridgman?

37. P739397

P739397 Feb 13, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Limit of 12 bottles is way higher than I would have guessed. That's pretty cool.

Nbrock24 likes this.
  38. Nbrock24

Trader

Saw the draft (excluding variants) and to go list on Facebook. I can’t make it but it looks like an awesome day to go for those who can.

lloydboss likes this.
  39. P739397

P739397 Feb 13, 2017 Illinois
    Trader

Agreed. That black currant sour is awesome.

40. galos11

galos11 Jan 21, 2015 Illinois
    Society Trader

@theopenbottleco: Little birdie told us that a Bridgman, MI brewery will be starting distro to IL nxt wk. Look for said beer at The Open Bottle starting Tues

Looks like IL is going to see some beer soon.

JJ_17, GuyFawkes, Nbrock24 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.