Belgium Traveling to Antwerp / Ghent in a few weeks

Discussion in 'Europe' started by erichxedge, Aug 8, 2013.

1. erichxedge

erichxedge Nov 29, 2009 California
    Beer Trader

First trip outside the US, and it will be in Belgium. If anyone that lives out there wants to grab a beer, I believe the girlfriend and I will be in Antwerp Sept 6th and 7th, and Ghent on the 8th.

I dont know too much about Belgium beers, but excited to try a bunch Ill never see again. So figured if any BA locals in either city want to grab a beer on those days, let me know.

Figured best place to drink in Antwerp is Kulminator ... Anywhere in Ghent that shouldnt be missed?

2. Brabander

Brabander Oct 10, 2009 Netherlands

Kulminator is a must....the rest is less....

3. ManforallSaisons

ManforallSaisons Mar 20, 2008 Belgium

If you're making first explorations of the Belgian ales, you might be satisfied, with plenty to explore, at most any bar you visit. Just a thought... Any bar will have more than a session's worth of variety, at least to get you started. The typical lineup includes a lager or two (skip), a wit (wheat), a couple Trappists and a couple other strong ales. By all means make the pilgrimage to the big places, but if you have a pleasant, uncrowded place with a bartender or a few patrons to talk you through choices, you'll have fun and find some new favorites to build on at the next place.

4. MikeyRiles

MikeyRiles May 25, 2013 North Carolina

• About Us

Your go-to website for beer (since 1996), publishers of BeerAdvocate magazine (since 2006) and hosts of world-class beer events (since 2003). Respect Beer.
  • Return of the Belgian Beer Fest

BeerAdvocate Brings its All-Belgian Fest to Portland, Maine on September 17, 2016. Tickets are on sale now.

Learn More
  • Get the Mag

Become a BeerAdvocate magazine print subscriber today.

Subscribe