Tree House Brewing (2022)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by Greyvtrayn, Jan 4, 2022.

1. Mgh2001

Mgh2001 Initiate (50) Dec 3, 2021
    Trader

From their site, regarding ages six and up

Reservations are required for each guest to enter Tree House Cape Cod. This is due to the heavily limited capacity permitted both inside and outside the building, and to ensure an incredible experience for all who visit.

For those not partaking in alcoholic beverages, we have a non-alcoholic option that comes with a free glass and two tickets for mocktail, seltzer, and/or coffee.

2. Mgh2001

Trader

Curiosity Nine is very interesting, mosaic all the way. Not quite up my alley, but if mosaic is your thing, I think you’ll enjoy it quite a bit.

It reminds me of alter ego. Obviously remove the Julius base (and Amarillo?), which leaves mosaic.

#1202 Mgh2001, Aug 4, 2022
    Last edited: Aug 4, 2022
    Rug likes this.
  3. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (3,234) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire
    Society

Has anyone else tried Ramble yet?

I'm by no means an expert on lagers but I absolutely love this one and think it might be the best lager they have made.

Then again I'm a Simcoe fanboy so...

4. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (3,234) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire
    Society

And yes, Green Machine is fire.

5. Smokee

Smokee Initiate (176) Jul 23, 2009 Massachusetts

Yes it is. I grabbed some on Tuesday from Charlton. Damn good.

Mgh2001, ScaryEd and Sheppard like this.
  6. Mgh2001

Trader

Man, why would they not sell find the limit in 2 packs?

7. mvogt

mvogt Initiate (177) Sep 10, 2021 Massachusetts

When the draft menu says you can split a 16oz or larger pour, does that mean I could get (for instance) a half pour of Julius and a half pour of Green, or does it just mean they would put my 16oz of Julius in two cups?

8. dele

dele Initiate (113) Mar 13, 2019 Massachusetts

You could get a half pour each Julius and Green.

mvogt and Mgh2001 like this.
  9. mvogt

mvogt Initiate (177) Sep 10, 2021 Massachusetts

Woot!

10. Rug

Rug Poo-Bah (2,006) Aug 20, 2018 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Totally agree!

VodkaPong87 likes this.
  11. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (131) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

1st timer to treehouse. Will be passing by on drive from vacation and planned to stop in for cans. Any idea what kind of wait I’ll have around 1pm? Trying to asses how angry the family will be. Lol. .

12. MattOC

MattOC Defender (663) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Which location? Either way, if you’re just going for cans, put your order in when the online shop opens at 9:30am and there shouldn’t be much wait to pop in and grab it when you arrive.

13. rightcoast7

rightcoast7 Disciple (387) Apr 2, 2011 Maine
    Trader

Assuming we’re talking Charlton, I don’t quite agree with this approach, as someone who often pulls the exact same move of stopping with the family in tow on the way to or from vacation. Ordering isn’t the problem, you can do that while you’re in line and it takes no time at all. The problem is how many people are in line for pickup. Historically I’d say 1 pm on a Saturday is probably just about the worst possible time to stop crowdwise, but the crowds in general have been much less crazy on my last few trips, or maybe they’re just better about moving people through.

My recommendation would be not to order in advance, in case you get there and your family pulls a hard “no” based on the crowd. And if the line is reasonable, just order while you wait. On the other hand, if you want to take the “ask for forgiveness instead of permission” angle, you could order in advance just to lock in the fact that you’ll have to wait it out regardless of the line.

bootdown21 likes this.
  14. njcraftfan

njcraftfan Initiate (131) Dec 18, 2016 New Jersey

Thanks! Yes hitting Charlton. Good advice as I wasn’t aware I could order real-time on site.

15. tinoynk

tinoynk Initiate (126) Sep 25, 2010 New York
    Trader

On the topic of first time visitor advice, I’ll be in Cape Cod for a wedding in a couple weeks so planning on grabbing cans at Sandwich, is there any concern about a line for picking up preorders there?

16. Mgh2001

Trader

I haven’t been to the Sandwich location, but I believe to go orders are time slotted pickups.

hops_for_thought and tinoynk like this.
  17. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (158) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yup, pickups are time specific. You may wait about 10 mins for them to bring your order out.

Mgh2001 and tinoynk like this.
  18. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (111) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

If you order in advance, there is no problem if "your family pulls a hard “no” based on the crowd." You get a full refund on all orders that are not picked up. I do it all the time. Green Machine could be available in AM but kick at 1pm. Get the order in first thing in the AM.

Rug, JimmieFrisbee, Jbrews and 2 others like this.
  19. ah_craft

ah_craft Initiate (36) Jan 7, 2018 Massachusetts

Did this yesterday on the way to our cottage in Falmouth. Selected an 11:30 pickup but because of traffic, didn’t arrive at Tree House until noon…no problems. If you’re arriving later than your chosen time slot it’s not a huge deal. If you arrive before your chosen time, they won’t package it till your time slot.

So my advice is to try and pick as accurate a time as possible but err a little earlier as opposed to later to avoid waiting.

Rug and SABERG like this.
  20. beui

beui Initiate (22) Nov 3, 2009 Pennsylvania

Hi all!

My GoogleFu is failing me. Can I buy bottles or cans of Treehouse Julius in Boston?

21. stairway2heavn

stairway2heavn Initiate (132) Aug 17, 2017 New Jersey

No. They have locations in Deerfield, sandwich (cape cod), and Charlton. You'd have to either get a proxy to meet you with it in Boston or make your way out. See the treehouse thread for info. I think there is a proxy request thread as well.

beui likes this.
  22. dubdrop

dubdrop Disciple (340) Aug 6, 2012 Vermont
    Trader

Went to Deerfield for pizza and a pour on Saturday and it was fantastic! We got there a little before noon so we could get our pizza order in early to avoid a wait and actually had the first two pies of the day. Pizzas were large and quite good. Only got one beer b/c I had a long day of driving, but the side pull of Ramble I had was great! Not sure how long the pizza wait was a little later, but within 30 minutes of opening, the place was a zoo. Not in a bad way necessarily, but it was bustling. Really beautiful grounds and despite the heat, it was a very relaxing atmosphere. I look forward to repeating the experience this fall.

Also, as someone who was a huge fan of Green from 2015 on, I'm happy to report that Green is getting closer to the beer that made me fall in love with TH in the first place.

mgp, SABERG, VodkaPong87 and 3 others like this.
  23. shkin

shkin Aspirant (276) Feb 6, 2011 New York

I was there at exactly the same time. Since we arrived before noon, we picked up the beer first, then a super quick lunch with pizza and a beer. We were back on the road by 12:45 or so. It did become quite busy quickly, busier than I remember from a visit two Saturdays before.

Sheppard and dubdrop like this.
  24. gruffyboy

gruffyboy Initiate (34) Oct 10, 2014 Massachusetts

Bit of a tangent but this reminds me of an article about Tree House I was reading years ago in a beer magazine. It claimed that TH afficionados had long been known to mix their beers together (ie. Green & Julius) to create some interesting concoctions. I have NEVER seen any mention of this on here, or from anyone I've spoke to.

So, can anyone weight in here or is it just one of those (pretty dull tbf) urban myths?

Rug likes this.
  25. Shyla987

Shyla987 Initiate (133) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

Definitely not an urban myth but I don't know how prevalent it was nor would I say they were "aficionados". There was (not sure if it still exists) a Facebook/Instagram group called Mixmasters the sole purpose of which was to mix beers and post pictures of them. Saw lots of TH beers being mixed. Plus lots of fruited sours ("look at the colors!").

Edit: Found this here on BA, years ago thread for mixing beers.

gruffyboy and hops_for_thought like this.
  26. VodkaPong87

VodkaPong87 Initiate (193) Oct 9, 2020 Connecticut
    Trader

Doesn't everyone do a cuvee every now and then?

I've mixed a few together and usually it's one form of Green with another form of Julius. Always delicious

Rug and gruffyboy like this.
  27. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (545) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

You could argue that every non-core beer is just a cuvee of the core four

gruffyboy, VodkaPong87 and Greyvtrayn like this.
  28. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (204) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

sometimes I'll pour a new beer without rinsing the glass that previously had a different beer....

does that count?

29. redbill

redbill Initiate (24) Nov 29, 2018 Massachusetts

That's how I invented Maple Green

Rug likes this.
  30. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (545) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

I always chuckle when companies make claims like this "As far as we can tell, there is not another ready-to-drink cocktail like it anywhere in the world." I picture Nate traveling to remote parts of the world sampling every canned Rum n Cola he can find.

https://twitter.com/TreeHouseBrewCo/status/1557360022203555841

mvogt likes this.
  31. nolanz14

nolanz14 Initiate (195) Aug 31, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yeah love that marketing! At this point they could sell Treehouse bricks and would sell out.

32. Mgh2001

Trader

Swept the top 5 dipa’s on untappd 2022

VodkaPong87 likes this.
  33. pbrian

pbrian Crusader (749) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

This one is wholly different than ordinary cola, dude.

Kidding aside, I bet it's pretty good. Every product they make has plenty of passion behind it, can't fault them for that.

Rysk22 and hops_for_thought like this.
  34. tonyro

tonyro Initiate (87) Apr 28, 2009 Delaware

35. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,064) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

36. VodkaPong87

VodkaPong87 Initiate (193) Oct 9, 2020 Connecticut
    Trader

That list is so phony. Yes, almost all of them (the top 5) are amazing beers (except Emperor Julius), but the vast majority of people who score them are going to give an auto 4.25+ rating

Rug and TheMattJones88 like this.
  37. SABERG

SABERG Poo-Bah (3,189) Sep 16, 2007 Massachusetts
    Society

A single name takes that list to task
    Abner

Cheers

Stormfield likes this.
  38. Sheppard

Sheppard Poo-Bah (2,266) Mar 16, 2013 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Funny that the hazy DIPA rankings are basically Parish, Parish collabs, and Fidens.

39. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Aspirant (208) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

All seriousness, probably the most ordinary beer they make in 2022. Tbh it was never my favorite HF, but it’s not quite what it used to be to me.

HF > TH in most things, but I think most Tree House DIPAs > most Hill DIPAs

SABERG likes this.
  40. Mgh2001

Trader

Abner? Nah.

Stormfield likes this.