Tree House Brewing Co. (February 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by Dsteyer27, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mschofield

mschofield Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts

It started 8pp on Sap, 6pp on Julius so I'd guess Julius started under 450

2. purephase

purephase Initiate (150) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

I think xfinityopen is available at Tree House if you have an account.

3. berto714

berto714 Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2014 New York

Doppelgänger fresh for cans and growlers today. 3 cans PP and 2 750 ML PP on growlers.

4. Boomfishberg

Boomfishberg Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2015 Massachusetts

Pissing rain. Bring imbrellas

5. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

I got in and out in about half an hour for just cans. Growlers were about a 45 minute wait beyond that. They opened up about 4.

6. Bcelos

Bcelos Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut

Got there at 5:15 was worried because it started pouring on my way up and I didn't have a rain jacket so I was planning to wait in line and get soaked. Luckily I walked right into the store and was in and out with my cans in about 10 minutes. Growlers looked to be about 150 behind.

7. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

Can confirm. I use their Xfinity wifi every time.

8. Shwilly_Vanilli

Shwilly_Vanilli Initiate (148) Dec 20, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Wow, 91 cases of Doppleganger left for tomorrow. Sounds like the downpour in Monson held off the crowds somewhat today vs recent Thursday mega-releases. Bodes well for tomorrow, perhaps even Saturday.

9. AC-Wagner

AC-Wagner Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2015 Connecticut

Chose tonight to make my first trip to TH since the early December King Julius night. Scheduling, crazy crowds and other commitments kept me away. Since I became aware of Sap last July it has been on my wish list, and as I think it may be more a seasonal I decided it might be now or never - or at least now or next year. I was concerned that Doppelganger, as a late breaking add to the can roster would bring the crowds to burn through Sap and by the time I got to Monson at 6:50 I figured I may have made my 50 minute drive (modest by the standards of some) for a 6 pack of Doppel - full disclosure - I was packing a mule, although bringing your own mother can't be as bad as recruiting off Craigs List!

To conclude, as we got closer to Monson - the rain got more intense. I pictured a line past the trailers and a long soaking wait. With the brewery in sight - I saw little activity - hark ! a mellow night! I took a right into the main lot and the orange beacon of the parking attendant beckoned me forward all the way to in front of the trailers where there was no line. Wait - There is no line! We strolled in, waited for two gentlemen to buy cans and I was at the sales table. I got the limit, a limit for mother and we were out the door like can purchasing boomerangs.

Sap = was worth the wait. It seems like some are not as crazy for it as others but I loved it. My personal rule is one TH beer per night - I think they are best appreciated on a individual basis so I have yet to try the Doppelganger but I am very much looking forward to it.....

A.C.

Whimpers and MarkJC1018 like this.
  10. DanSails

DanSails Initiate (0) Oct 3, 2012 Massachusetts

Is there a definitive source of all the Treehouse IPA/DIPA permutations from a boil/DryHop perspective? I realize the hop boil for Julius is three different hops and proprietary

11. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (213) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

12. skleice

skleice Aspirant (275) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Ma on tonight. One of my favorites!

13. mrl491

mrl491 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2015 New Hampshire

Double shot bottles!

ChrisMyhre, Evmo31, berto714 and 2 others like this.
  14. JBlacknTan

JBlacknTan Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2016 Connecticut

for real?

15. HeyLady

HeyLady Initiate (0) Sep 17, 2015 New York

someone posted on a facebook group. not my photo
    [​IMG]

#495 HeyLady, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    jomobono, Mikeypnh and JBlacknTan like this.
  16. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Wow. Didn't know they had the equipment to do bottles.

17. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (140) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Those bottles are probably going to be worth more than gold to traders. Beautiful label too.

Mikecap likes this.
  18. Mikecap

Mikecap Champion (802) May 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

Second beer they've bottled, it doesn't take fancy equipment to bottle either.

19. Shaymus

Shaymus Disciple (354) May 16, 2009 Massachusetts

if true.... looks like an early rise tomorrow damn it!!!!

20. IPAkindaguy

IPAkindaguy Initiate (0) Aug 20, 2010 Florida

The hype and craziness is reaching the level of stupidty. Double shot sits for growlers for weeks and no one cares. Yet a bottle comes out and the internet explodes because it's a bottle that is released by tree house. So hoards of people will rush over for a beer they more than likely would never get otherwise. I'm just ranting but just crazy the amount of hype that is going on now.

Ferocious, Shyla987 and pisano like this.
  21. slengteng

Double Shot bottles are 500ml and 1 per person, for anyone wondering. Sold in the can line.

22. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (1,933) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

And for the hoarders, here's a nice little "how to" straight from the horse's mouth:

[​IMG]

eb1610 likes this.
  23. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

Anyone who is there now or recently left notice how many cases there were remaining?

24. M-Fox24

M-Fox24 Meyvn (1,161) Mar 17, 2013 New Jersey
    Trader

I can only hope they included that on the label in BOLD, or at least along the lines of a Mexican Cake label: "Best consumed fresh. Do not age or cellar!"

[​IMG]

25. slengteng

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mikecap likes this.
  26. JBlacknTan

JBlacknTan Initiate (0) Feb 8, 2016 Connecticut

While I totally agree with all of this, the idea of being able to get some double shot without having to wait for an eternity in the growler line does sound pretty nice.

27. skleice

skleice Aspirant (275) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

It's nice to have a smaller format than 750ml for Double Shot too. While the DS bottle was not what lured me to TH tonite, it was a sweet bonus to have along with Ma & Dopple.

ChrisMyhre likes this.
  28. mschofield

mschofield Initiate (0) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts

I'd love to go back out for Ma but was already at Treehouse on Weds and Trilium today. Wife would kill me if I went to get Ma

29. aabuhanna

aabuhanna Initiate (0) Aug 29, 2014 Connecticut

~150 fills of Very Hazy added for this morning per TH.

skleice likes this.
  30. BigStein88

BigStein88 Aspirant (299) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

Upset? Hardly. My trip would be about 2.5 hours each way and I can't justify it for 16 or so cans....those that are closer should consider themselves lucky in my opinion.

donamh, Mikeypnh and eb1610 like this.
  31. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Barring any kind of special crazy release, how's the wait on a Thursday night like 630-7 for just cans?

32. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

5-10 minutes

33. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

That's exactly what I was hoping to hear, thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.