Tree House Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by bring, Jan 4, 2019.

1. yossle

yossle Initiate (142) Dec 31, 2016 New York

Visiting the new facility for the first time tomorrow (had been to Monson a few times) and am curious as to how busy people think it will be tomorrow, and what the best time to arrive is, usually. I wouldn’t have asked, but someone above said that Fridays are still busy.

Thanks for any and all help!

2. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Aspirant (205) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

after 2pm

yossle likes this.
  3. gclaw4444

gclaw4444 Initiate (86) Jul 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Nothing against OP, but this is funny stuff

ColdOne likes this.
  4. Schuee

Schuee Initiate (93) May 26, 2017 Connecticut

Yeah that was nuts to observe, voluntarily leaving after investing ones time. Seemed so foreign to me especially if you remember the days of waiting in line at Brimfield for growlers hoping to just get some of something before they would run out of all beer.

5. Jason

Jason Founder (8,474) Aug 23, 1996 Massachusetts
    Staff Moderator Fest Crew Society

Latest update via facebook...

AN UPDATE on the weekend here at Tree House - it's going to be a great one, indeed! With plenty of indoor seating and warm outdoor fireplaces, live music, exceptional can selections, and several food vendors, it will prove to be an excellent pre-holiday weekend to visit.

For more information, see treehousebrew.com/on-tap

Cans to go:

Julius
    Haze
    Super Typhoon
    ❔Trick [New!]
    Treat
    Green
    Curiosity 79 [New!]
    Perfect Storm
    Moment Of Clarity
    Impermanence
    Homemade [New!]
    I Will Not Be Afraid
    Candy Shop
    Lights Out
    Bright Simcoe & Amarillo
    Hurricane
    AAAlterrr Ego
    Super Treat
    Doppelganger
    That's What She Said
    Alter Ego
    Bright Citra
    Ma
    Bright Nelson

Food / Entertainment:

Friday 11.01.19

Tony Island Hot Dogs

Saturday 11.02.19

Murphy’s Mobile, Big T’s BBQ, Papi’s Stuffed Sopapillas, BATCH Ice Cream

B3Kings (1:00pm-4:30pm), Dub Apocalypse (5pm-8pm)

Hours:

Friday 12 - 8 PM
    Saturday 11 - 9 PM
    Sunday 12 - 6 PM
    Monday 3 - 8 PM

treehousebrew.com/on-tap

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. TreeHouse_Erection

Is Candy Shop over the top sweet? The name kind of slows my blood flow and increases my sugar levels.

7. redbill

redbill Initiate (20) Nov 29, 2018 Massachusetts

is there a description of Trick floating around anywhere?

8. cdinardo21

cdinardo21 Initiate (33) Oct 29, 2019 Pennsylvania

Glad I could bring a smile to your face, but do remember that I have no idea what I'm getting into. I'm the personification of "n00b" for all things TH related. Though, no offense taken :slight_smile:

9. kingsuect

kingsuect Initiate (36) Oct 6, 2018 Connecticut
    Trader

brutalfarce likes this.
  10. classicalthunder

classicalthunder Initiate (31) Jun 11, 2018 New Jersey

Making my first Tree House stop on a New England brewery road trip next week! Been reading up here and on the FB line update page as to what to expect, just wanted to say thanks for all the help!

We haven't decided if we're hitting up TH on Thursday afternoon or Saturday AM on the way out. Any suggestions for minimal lines and pours? From the FB group it looks like they've done Thursday pours the past couple of weeks.

Other than TH we're hitting up Trillium in Boston, Fox Farm and New Park in CT - does anyone have any suggestions for Rhode Island?

11. kingsuect

Trader

thursday afternoon is most likely minimal line + pours. saturday AM is a guaranteed nightmare unless you get there before open and wait in the car. but they start pours at open on saturday.

classicalthunder likes this.
  12. cdinardo21

cdinardo21 Initiate (33) Oct 29, 2019 Pennsylvania

Heard good things about Tilted Barn in RI - but I have never been.

13. TreeHouse_Erection

Their own apple cider available today. $4 seems like a bargain from TH

14. Sheppard

Sheppard Meyvn (1,084) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Someone please do a side by side of Trick and Treat.

Sabtos likes this.
  15. mumbles44

mumbles44 Aspirant (214) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Trader

OR a blend for Trick or Treat

Sabtos likes this.
  16. Nichols33

Nichols33 Meyvn (1,395) Apr 2, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Long Live in Providence or if you are willing to go a bit out of the way, Tilted Barn is a good stop.

17. YourDigitalGrave

YourDigitalGrave Initiate (26) Jun 5, 2019 Massachusetts

Long Live in Providence is a must. This beer is amazing. I can't believe it doesn't get talked about more. They just released DDH Black Cat that is supposed to be hot fire. The original was amazing so I imagine this iteration is at least as good. It could last until next week. They moved to a new location recently and the space is very cool. Definitely worth checking out. They also do weird like slushy adjuncts to their fruit and sour beers where they just add a ton of fruit puree and stuff. It cuts the abv in half but they are generally very tasty if you are into that kind of thing.

Proclamation in Warwick is great. They bumped up production a couple years ago so there is a lot to choose from and the place is a pretty cool like big man cave warehouse. The beer is a slight step down from Long Live in my opinion but they would definitely have more variety in cans to go.

Buttonwoods in Warwick/Cranston is an up and comer that is supposed to be good. Though I have never had any of their beer and have never been.

Tilted Barn is really good but I haven't been in a couple years. The location has like a Fox Farm vibe but it is pretty out of the way. Not like the others I mentioned.

I am glad you are hitting up New Park. People on this site crap on it a lot but I think it is amazing. Double Cloud might be my favorite beer of all time.

Rysk22, Schuee and brutalfarce like this.
  18. brutalfarce

brutalfarce Disciple (366) Mar 23, 2018 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I didn't love double cloud but I guess that's what make the beer world go round I do like some of their other offerings though, agree on the hate I've only been to the taproom one time but my experience was good people were nice enough

19. YourDigitalGrave

Right? Everybody has their own taste. Having said that, I have had it a few times the last being in a blind taste test that also featured Super Typhoon. Double Cloud won unanimously among four tasters. That is when it snuck up near the top for me.

brutalfarce likes this.
  20. brutalfarce

Society Trader

running away from the thread topic lol but it just drank too light for me with a carb/hop burn finish especially on a dipa

21. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Zealot (554) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Buttonwoods is fantastic, homey taproom and super beers. They have a side pull faucet for the nice lagers they rotate in (Helles, Pilsner, Kolsch), and IPAs, stouts, sours are also on point. Hip Hop is Dead cans were just released yesterday which is probably my favorite DIPA aside from maybe Gimme the Loot.

22. Newport_beerguy

Trader

I tend to find Tree House fans are also big on Tilted Barn, due to their "bubble gum" yeast present in many beers and the general atmosphere. But note they open Thursday evenings and are only open 1-4pm Saturdays, so those are tight windows to hit.

However if I am recommending one place to go it is definitely Long Live Beerworks. Their new location is really in swing and they had 14 beers on tap, 5 beers in cans, and 6 beers available for growlers as of yesterday. A lot of variety and not all are hits for me, the beers are very well made and you'll find something that will hit the mark.

You can pretty much go to Long Live, Buttonwoods, Proclamation or Tilted Barn and definitely be satisfied.

Schuee, eaglephile and jlordi12 like this.
  23. epoole3

epoole3 Initiate (188) Aug 28, 2005 Massachusetts

If you don’t make an effort to get to Fox Farm this weekend to drink / buy Witch Meadow and/or Witch Meadow Black you’re making a huge error in your plans. Pitter patter

Schuee likes this.
  24. nesarebad

nesarebad Devotee (453) Feb 4, 2012 Massachusetts

Yes on this and if in Providence, Long Live is decent.

25. raenge

raenge Initiate (54) Dec 31, 2016 Rhode Island

Tilted Barn is out of the way? This is only acceptable if you grew up in Cranston or Johnston.

Rysk22 likes this.
  26. YourDigitalGrave

I lived in Warwick and used to think Providence was far. Now in west/central Massachusetts I am now realizing how good I had it. For RI I consider anything outside the 95 corridor out of the way. I guess if he is going to Fox Farm, Tilted may not be that much of a stretch.

27. TreeHouse_Erection

Was planning to go tomorrow but half the stock was gone after the first day. Don’t know if it will still be there by 3pm sat.

epoole3 likes this.
  28. brutalfarce

Society Trader

bottle service of August Moon today

29. epoole3

epoole3 Initiate (188) Aug 28, 2005 Massachusetts

If not, but still on draft, I suggest you drink as many half pours as you can get.

30. Dragons_Milk

Dragons_Milk Initiate (43) Dec 26, 2016 Pennsylvania

Anyone have details about the “Line Beer” at Treehouse? Haven’t been able to find any information. Is it 1 per person? Does it count towards your overall pours? Thanks.

31. kingsuect

Trader

1 pp, does not count towards overall, usually 3 choices.

32. likeadabeer

likeadabeer Initiate (81) May 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

I guess TH loves to see people wait in line and has come up with the great idea to build a new huge bar from which they reward people for standing in said line with an ‘extra’ draft beer (in addition to the standard 2pp). You come up to this beautiful bar that has 40+ taps in the can line and can choose from 3 beers that they pour for you and then you pay when you get your cans. Usually “offered” on Saturdays. Not sure if the new bar is functional any other day of the week? Anyway, happy standing in line!

33. TreeHouse_Erection

You act like this is the final form of TH. They don’t build a 40 tap bar for 3 choices. The line will be in a new spot soon

34. likeadabeer

likeadabeer Initiate (81) May 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

Nah, just ribbing. I’m sure it won’t only ever be used for this purpose, but while it is I can poke fun at it.

35. Newport_beerguy

Trader

Still better than my dystopian brewery vision, which would be hundreds of people in line dragging IV stands with a beer pouch attached for direct product delivery.

rozzom and likeadabeer like this.
  36. rozzom

rozzom Champion (852) Jan 22, 2011 New York
    Trader

I use a similar analogy when explaining to my wife why a joint trumps a vape pen

37. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Initiate (186) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Good point- All our kvetching and speculation on this forum aside, Tree House could be dead on their master plan. Their progress thus far has been outstanding, and as far as I know, unparalleled in the brewing world.

38. classicalthunder

okay, plans a shifting a bit for our southern new england brewery road trip, so it doesn't look like thursday afternoon will be possible. Tree House is the focal point of our trip, so you wanted a very good likelihood to get pours and minimize can line wait, when would you advise going?

Friday at open
    Friday mid-afternoon (like 3ish)
    Saturday at open

there is an outside chance that we can do Thursday night (like 630pm) but a) we want to enjoy the outside part too, and b) would like a recommendation for a nearby cool town to stay in/do things that night

39. TreeHouse_Erection

Friday at open: 0% chance of pours
    Friday mid-afternoon: even money
    Saturday at open: 100% chance of pours, 100% chance of huge line for pours and cans

40. classicalthunder

gotcha, thanks! is there a greater possibility of pours on Friday at like 5/6pm? Or does it pick up then due to people being out of work and trying to stock up for the weekend