Tree House Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by bring, Jan 4, 2019.

1. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Initiate (158) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

If you say so...

2. JonB25

JonB25 Zealot (539) Jun 2, 2013 Delaware
    Society Trader

Going on Wednesday. Newbie to Charlton. Really enjoyed Monson. Planning on arriving at opening. Appreciate all thoughts. I know if they drop a surprise it will be a zoo. Thanks Cheers.

wehaveamap likes this.
  3. agreenman19

agreenman19 Meyvn (1,405) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut

I haven't been on Saturday in a while, but apparently they have four food trucks these days? This summer is going to be huge for TH.

4. Djulius

Djulius Initiate (17) Apr 25, 2019 Massachusetts

The description of JM at the brewery yesterday said that it ' evolves in the can ' over time. Is there any consensus on what timeframe they're talking about? It's not something I'm used to seeing on any NEIPA let alone TH IPAs.

5. Sheppard

Sheppard Savant (971) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia

Does it evolve into a beer with less hype?

dubdrop and likeadabeer like this.
  6. Rysk22

Rysk22 Initiate (198) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Would be interesting if they start using that language more often in order to quell the worry about them selling month old IPAs straight out of the brewery

7. agreenman19

Baby Bright is perfect for at least 3 years when kept cold.

8. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (103) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

I had an exactly month old JM last night and it was good. Nothing beyond other top tier offerings tho. 62/63 were way more interesting to me however

brutalfarce likes this.
  9. Djulius

Baby Bright is just JM that's been barrel aged for 8 months

Sheppard and killamonjaro like this.
  10. bobby_teddy

bobby_teddy Initiate (33) Jul 13, 2018 Massachusetts

They probably won't drop anything too big on a Wednesday. The last 5 or 6 silents and big name drops have been on Friday. Midweek the line is usually longest at open so personally I would not be in a rush to get there. Either way it shouldn't be too crazy. Enjoy!

JonB25 likes this.
  11. phillyboy87

phillyboy87 Initiate (41) Sep 25, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

I’m surprised there hasn’t been any info or anything in regards to their anniversary. I’m assuming it’ll be a lot more low key then last year (not every weekend in June)

12. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (127) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Why do you say that? They have increased production exponentially since last year. If anything, I expect it to be larger and with more selection/entertainment/food trucks than last year.

13. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Initiate (124) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

I hope they just close on Saturday and only open for those invited to the party.
    Last year was a total fail with over an hour wait for pours at 1pp and closing at 3 or 4pm to get ready for the party which started later on. Planned a trip up with some friends but when we found out the situation we went to another place.

14. yoto33

yoto33 Initiate (16) Jul 31, 2018 Massachusetts

I would imagine it "evolves in the can" in pretty much the same way as all their other IPAs. The hop flavor gradually fades, slower if it's kept cold.

It all makes more sense when you consider that 90% of what you see on their website, beer lists, and Twitter is pure fluff.

Jonathan-Dixon likes this.
  15. marcrgrenier

marcrgrenier Initiate (65) Apr 22, 2015 New Hampshire
    Trader

I've been there on several wednesdays the last few months. Like others said above, if you arrive at open you will be in a line. Arrive around 230-3 pm or later and there will be no line. They've been dropping the silents on Friday only recently so I would expect no real crowds.

I had a JM from the 5/3 drop, never had it before. It was good but I was definitely underwhelmed. Torque Wrench from Industrial Arts and Battery Steele Flume, which I had the same night, both were better to me.

16. Schuee

Schuee Initiate (84) May 26, 2017 Connecticut

I wonder if they may coordinate the party with the opening of the new space. Maybe those who are able to get tickets are also the first to get growler fills from Charlton (minus the limited prefilled releases).

17. jstilwell

jstilwell Aspirant (296) Oct 21, 2008 Massachusetts

Now? or when it was good?

18. TreeHouse_Erection

DS Strawberry back on tap. They really need to bottle this

19. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,796) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Remember when we complained about the lack of stouts?

Those were simpler times.

20. TreeHouse_Erection

In 2 years: “Wow, yet another barrel aged stout. So boring”

jomobono likes this.
  21. Djulius

At 5 cans in I'm feeling that this batch of Julius isn't as vibrantly tropical and light as what I've come to expect. Loving both curiosities though and Green is still on point so not much to complain about.

22. CTHopman

Both 65 and 66 were big and vibrant takes. Lots of whop so well disguised. That said, Promises... Keep was an absolute standout. The focus of this brew was meticulous. Had a buddy swing me a grand total of 1. I, most begrudgingly, wear an asshat!

23. joberlander

joberlander Disciple (331) May 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Tried a can of I have promises and think its one of the better dipa I've had recently. super soft and juicy.

thedaveofbeer likes this.
  24. marcrgrenier

marcrgrenier Initiate (65) Apr 22, 2015 New Hampshire
    Trader

Everyone's tastes varies but I'm the complete opposite. I had a Green and a Julius last night and the Green had a very muted galaxy flavor, nowhere near that standout galaxy I remember. The Julius was more like the Julius I remember than some of the previous batches.

Sheppard likes this.
  25. EnronCFO

EnronCFO Zealot (515) Mar 29, 2007 Massachusetts

Boom, roasted

26. agreenman19

"Remember when Tree House used to brew milk stouts? I miss those days."

TreeHouse_Erection likes this.
  27. WTCrane

WTCrane Initiate (49) Jan 30, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

C67, and it reads like 65 with Citra instead of Galaxy.

and C65 was honestly the best beer i've had from there in awhile (not a slight at TH with that comment either, but C65 is just awesome) I like it more than the recent batches of Juice Machine, and King Julius.

This batch of Doubleganger is also a stand out.

28. Djulius

All I want out of life is Vvveryyy Gggreennn

29. TreeHouse_Erection

I think Hhhazeee would KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF

30. CTHopman

I absolutely savored Promises to Keep.

31. TreeHouse_Erection

The Milk Stout haters should like Impressionism. I received a couple cans the first release and it was very good.

32. Djulius

But where's Emperor Very Pppromisesss w/ el dorado???

33. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (6,156) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Rather have el DORITOS

bootdown21 likes this.
  34. wasatchback

wasatchback Aspirant (299) Jan 12, 2014 Utah
    Trader

C65 is gross IMHO. Typical overly hopped Galaxy beer. Chalky and astringent. Everything Nate hated about the first batch of Green they made is showcased in this beer...

colby600 and TreeHouse_Erection like this.
  35. forum8417

forum8417 Initiate (148) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

This thread is the worst. All of the people complaining about TH are probably complaining about Season 8 of Game of Thrones as well. insufferable people

36. agreenman19

They also probably complain about people complaining. The worst.

37. TreeHouse_Erection

No Julius or Green so I'm guessing it will be one of those today along with something like Hurricane

38. WTCrane

WTCrane Initiate (49) Jan 30, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

I selfishly hope nothing that brings the masses out. I have to make a run this afternoon and i'd like it to be under the 2 hour mark today.

Just want to reup on C65 and gets some C67, and a handful of beers to complete a trade.

EDIT:...... and I go look at line update. First row is full, hour before open, raining, and nothing announced yet. *whelp* I guess bring on some Very Hazy. If I'm gonna wait regardless.

#2078 WTCrane, May 17, 2019 at 3:50 PM
    Last edited: May 17, 2019 at 3:57 PM
  39. TreeHouse_Erection

Typical Friday, but as stated before, they have a food truck scheduled which means a high chance of pours which means smaller lines.

40. Axic10

Axic10 Defender (626) Mar 15, 2008 New Jersey
    Trader

The wife and I stopped by yesterday (along with our puppy). Was the first time out of the 4 thst I've been there where I could actually get a draft. Line was super short, although they ran out of Juice Machine, but I'd rather have a short line and drafts than a can of that. Haze with Guava was really good.

TreeHouse_Erection likes this.