Tree House Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by bring, Jan 4, 2019.

1. purephase

purephase Initiate (136) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

I don't really think the post you're quoting is the best interpretation of the description of Perfect Storm, but even if it was I don't think Never and Again is a very good comparison. That beer was canned two and a half weeks before it was released to the public; it was more bad than green and extra conditioning wasn't the main thing that was needed IMO.

2. likeadabeer

likeadabeer Initiate (81) May 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

Hot take, coming in hot; Never and Again is the reason Tree House doesn’t collab with other brewery’s for hype releases.

Sheppard likes this.
  3. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (142) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Fire up your Maserati and take a drive on a beautiful spring day. Top down of course.

lbower860 likes this.
  4. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (150) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

Very gggreeeen has reignited the treehouse thread. Feels like 2016. I love it! I want some hop battery acid!!

Ryanwithacomb and likeadabeer like this.
  5. Schuee

Schuee Initiate (93) May 26, 2017 Connecticut

According to FB line page looks like still close to a 2 hour wait at closing. I think it is safe to say we can add today to the list of epic shitshow wait times.

likeadabeer likes this.
  6. lbower860

Up there with the legendary 1st Super Sap release. Except it was like 0 degrees outside.

BRoweski30 and likeadabeer like this.
  7. likeadabeer

11am-9pm tomorrow!

Next up, other days!

8. bobby_teddy

bobby_teddy Initiate (37) Jul 13, 2018 Massachusetts

All I want is to be able to pick up a 6 pack of green on a Friday evening without waiting in line for 2 hours. Is that so much to ask?

coteman6789 likes this.
  9. WTCrane

WTCrane Initiate (72) Jan 30, 2019 Massachusetts
    Trader

I was getting conflicting reports, so I decided to try and brave the line and see what it really looked like down there. Worst that could happen, I end up at Armsby Abbey for dinner and pours.....

SOOO Armsby was great. They had a nice tap list, treated myself to Jester King Biere de Coupage to start, paired the Oxbox Arico with my pulled pork sandwich for dinner , and something new to me at least Mean Sardine Tordesilhas to cap off the evening.

I got there (at tree house) at 7:24 and looking at that. (that is well past 3rd pole) I'd estimate 2:30 wait.[​IMG]

I decided to use the bathroom and see if they were packing in the front at least. They weren't. I got in my car and headed for Armsby. I really thought if I got there close to closing the lines would be dead. I mean Tree House Erection assured me in this very thread that the hype was gone after Juice Machine and King Julius getting multiple drops. (why can't you ever be right!..... lol, I kid I kid)

Gonna roll the dice tomorrow. Worst that happens is I end up at Armsby, and their were a few good things left on the list.

#2449 WTCrane, Jun 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2019
  10. lbower860

Erection makes stupid choices and usually regrets what he posts.

11. WTCrane

Trader

Its almost like the oxygen gets cut off from his brai..... nevermind. This is low hanging fruit.

likeadabeer likes this.
  12. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,433) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

That is a world class beer, absolutely love it. Super jealous it's on draft way up there wow.

13. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Aspirant (205) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

Your first mistake was thinking someone who chose the handle ‘Treehouse_Erection’ would regret anything posted from that moment on

14. WTCrane

Trader

Yeah it is. A bit pricey ($12 for a 6oz pour). But worth every cent. They have a bunch of good Jester King bottles in the cooler too.

They always have good stuff at Armsby, lots of HFS (Anna, Brother Soigne, Edward, Susan, Marie, and Poetica 2 on draft last night). The owners are good friends of Shaun's. Armsby has been a craft beer staple up here for a decade. Definitely a front runner in the industry before it was huge, and they are rewarded by these breweries with awesome beer.

15. Sheppard

Sheppard Meyvn (1,085) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

Fair enough. That beer needed dumping out and unfortunately, the consumers were the only ones brave enough to do it.

likeadabeer likes this.
  16. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (198) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Heritage CC is around the corner from Treehouse. I haven't played the course so can't speak to whether or not it's a good track, but you can't beat the proximity.

Norexyet and randytrevor like this.
  17. brewme

brewme Crusader (729) Mar 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Got here @ 9:15, not using upper lot, line was already @ 3rd pole, is @ turn now

18. randytrevor

randytrevor Initiate (69) Nov 11, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

There isn't much close by. Heritage CC is right around the corner and was okay when I played a few years ago. But I haven't been back, since there are other courses closer to me (Worcester Area) I enjoy more. If you're okay with 80 bucks (cart and range balls included) and a 30min drive, your best bet is Blackstone National in Sutton. One of the finest in the area, can't recommend it enough

mrmattosgood and Norexyet like this.
  19. Djulius

Djulius Initiate (23) Apr 25, 2019 Massachusetts

Really enjoyed VGgg, but it does kind of nuke your taste buds for the night. It's so aggressive that it made the Perfect Storm and Super Treat I had afterwards taste very passive and lifeless in comparison, so I'm looking forward to re-tasting those tonight and giving them a bit more room to express themselves. Have yet to crack a 7, but Trail was as enjoyable as ever and I'm a fan of the new can styles they seem to be gravitating towards.

20. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,992) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Lol

This is old school Tree House.

21. redbill

redbill Initiate (20) Nov 29, 2018 Massachusetts

A “core” only can or tap lines would be nice for times like this.

jmerizio and bobby_teddy like this.
  22. likeadabeer

Well, I guess opening more hours doesn’t help with the crazies. Doh.

23. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,992) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Even with the insanity Vggg will probably last until Monday. But #FOMO

24. brewme

Trader

500 + people in line @ one point...never seen anything like it. Almost at home plate...Geen sold out....

25. lbower860

Oh my dear god

26. brewme

Trader

Perfect Storm & Julius sold out now too....

27. Schuee

Schuee Initiate (93) May 26, 2017 Connecticut

Very green is gone.

28. TreeHouse_Erection

Expanded hours to 9pm

Clearly this is a direct response to my post above. Look how much influence I have

forum8417 and Lucasdia like this.
  29. Djulius

Djulius Initiate (23) Apr 25, 2019 Massachusetts

7 feels like it's gonna need a month in the fridge before it loses its rough edges.

Sheppard likes this.
  30. msiegel04

msiegel04 Initiate (47) Oct 5, 2017 Connecticut
    Trader

Just saw they added “tarts” to the draft list. Some sours perhaps?

31. parg0

parg0 Initiate (49) Feb 22, 2018 Massachusetts
    Trader

likeadabeer likes this.
  32. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (87) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut

Took me 5 minutes at 7 to grab cans and having a very gggreen now...would start coming regularly again if the beers are back to tasting like this.

33. likeadabeer

Don’t go stealing my thunder here erecto...:wink:

Seems like lines died down nicely for the evening..which is awesome, but their beer list has taken a good hit. Maybe the fewest selection of pale ales in a while.

Seems like they have made it clear that they will be releasing special beers this month in lieu of an anniversary party, so the selection may be a little thin for a few weeks.

TreeHouse_Erection likes this.
  34. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,433) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Barrabas_Erection likes this.
  35. msiegel04

msiegel04 Initiate (47) Oct 5, 2017 Connecticut
    Trader

36. brewme

Trader

Wished that I lived closer, & could do the post-rush visit, but I feel like that I need to go early, so that I have the rest of the day to get other shit done. After 2, would have missed: Green; Perfect Storm; Julius; & Very Green.

37. likeadabeer

#FOMO

38. brewme

Trader

39. TreeHouse_Erection

Is it as rough as most are saying?