Tree House Brewing Company (2019)

Discussion in 'New England' started by bring, Jan 4, 2019.

1. robo55

robo55 Initiate (59) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

2. brewme

brewme Crusader (721) Mar 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

3. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,294) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Only Season 2 of Lost?

Shyla987 and brewme like this.
  4. robo55

Trader

Weird. I stand corrected. I wonder if they just missed this can, or if the whole batch wasn’t dated?

5. TreeHouse_Erection

TreeHouse_Erection Initiate (199) Aug 7, 2018 Connecticut

Maybe they pulled a trillium and it’s been sitting for 2 weeks to mellow out

6. HomeOffice230

HomeOffice230 Initiate (22) Jun 9, 2019 Massachusetts

Lurker for years. Created an account to say this: the harsh criticism of recent TH releases, particularly Seven, are unwarranted. The instant and negative reviews (whose histories clearly evidence anti-TH bias) are disappointing. Who's checking these people?

7. TreeHouse_Erection

There’s definitely people on here who literally give poor reviews to every TH beer. You can see their reviews and they’ll rate clearly inferior beers 2 full points higher than a world class release like JM or Aaalter.

Most people realize that they can’t all be winners and it seems like Seven is not a gret offering. Super Treat and VGGG are getting extremely high praise and the last 10 or so Curiosity beers have been as good or better than any other breweries’ flagship offering

8. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (132) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

or maybe they don't like it?

I've loved a lot of TH beers, but did not care for Aaaalter at all and calling it world class is a joke. I've also not been a fan of what they've done to their stouts, opting for higher ABV and much more sweetness.

9. Sheppard

Sheppard Meyvn (1,077) Mar 16, 2013 Virginia
    Trader

The exact opposite of that happens on a daily basis and it is equally if not more so disappointing.

10. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (141) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Checking them for what? STDs? Neckbeard lice? Whether or not they are a card carrying TH fanboi?

Mkozaka likes this.
  11. HomeOffice230

Bead lice? Sorry. Don't get the inside joke.

I'm saying, if a competitor is sandbagging reviews, there should be a proper control for that.

12. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (141) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

How is that any different than an "insider" artificially boosting ratings?
    "Neckbeard", you've never heard the term?

13. HomeOffice230

Completely fair point: they should control for insiders, too.

14. HomeOffice230

Will also comment: a lot of the time, reason TH "sucks" is because of user error.

Example: 3/29 (sic) release of KJ. Consumed 3/30; was perfect. But, consumed three weeks later (after having stored upside down, to offset protein dropout, which is what I typically do with all TH beers, but they don't recommend), it poured brown, tasted shit. My mistake, not TH's.

Same goes for their recent releases. If they suggest we can condition first (which I read as consume no earlier than 1-2 weeks post-can) it's on us if we drink before that mark, and the result is sub-par.

Just my .02.

15. Sheppard

Trader

It's user error that TH's beer can't hold it together for a month? Please. Hold them to a higher standard.

rightcoast7, dogdrule, lic217 and 2 others like this.
  16. Shyla987

Shyla987 Initiate (106) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

Seriously? Some "competitor" is taking the time to try to sandbag TH? lol, that ship has sailed, they're wasting their time - and I don't think they're doing that.

MattOC and Sheppard like this.
  17. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (7,294) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Palates gonna palate but JM is an unbalanced mess. The regular flagships are all infinitely better, if not a little more muddled together than they used to be.

That said, Doubleganger is my favorite Verrryyy Super King er whatever beer. So much easier to get than the rest too

Unexpected side onte, the only other TH beer I've rated higher is Curiosity 59.

Sheppard likes this.
  18. likeadabeer

likeadabeer Initiate (79) May 19, 2015 Pennsylvania

I think you should have stuck to lurking.

19. TreeHouse_Erection

Entirely possible and true. What I was referring to are the number of accounts (and yes I've looked through more than one like this) that rate all beers not TH 4+ and every single TH beer a 3 or lower. They're obviously doing it on purpose and have probably not had at least a few of the beers they rate low.

If needed, I'll find these accounts because I'm psychotic.

20. brewme

brewme Crusader (721) Mar 1, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Something we can all agree on

21. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,966) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

I love this thread so much.

22. robo55

Trader

What’s the latest rating on the vibes coming out of TH?

23. ScaryEd

Not very chill/10 linebros

robo55 likes this.
  24. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Initiate (144) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts

JM and Aaa prob my two favorite beers they make right now /shrug

25. ScaryEd

Very Hazy for the lineboi releases, Green for the regulars. All day.

26. Longclaw

Longclaw Initiate (34) Jul 31, 2018 New York
    Trader

It seems like TH cans that are available are pretty low. Lower than usual after a weekend.

Seven, VGGG, Alter Ego and Abstraction. VGGG has a 3 can limit.

spersichilli likes this.
  27. CellaredJuiceMachine

CellaredJuiceMachine Initiate (16) Apr 23, 2019 South Carolina

Regarding the number of options in cans, it hasn't been this low since January. Overdue for a couple Brights and Doubleganger.

28. bobby_teddy

bobby_teddy Initiate (36) Jul 13, 2018 Massachusetts

Anyone try the most recent batch of Julius? The 5/21 batch was good. I'm curious if they've made Julius consistently great again.

29. Longclaw

Trader

I had a Julius this weekend from the recent batch, it was good. But I had not had a Julius in 4-5 months. I am more of a Green fan than Julius. I thought the Green I had that night was superior. I am probably too biased here.

30. forum8417

forum8417 Initiate (161) Feb 1, 2011 New Jersey
    Trader

left the brewery around 1:00, made it without traffic

31. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (150) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

lololol. I cant believe that people actually store their beer upside down. I actually though that was a joke. If you beers cant be stored upright thats a flaw in the beer.... Come on people....

TreeHouse_Erection likes this.
  32. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (150) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

Im fascinated by the negative reviews for these recent mega IPAs. Is the consensus that they are overly hot and acidic? Like Other Half throat burn style?

33. Djulius

Djulius Initiate (23) Apr 25, 2019 Massachusetts

If VGgg is indicative of a willingness to push more of their beers to ever more absurd levels of flavor, when do I get to nuke my palate with Jjjuiceee Machine? A year or two before I get to try VH?

TreeHouse_Erection likes this.
  34. joerooster

joerooster Initiate (45) May 15, 2018 Virginia

Completely disagree. If they don't think the beer is ready to consume, then they shouldn't sell it. I guess if they put 'drink after xx/xx/xx' on the can, fine but it better be in huge font and easy to find.

Sheppard, lic217, rightcoast7 and 2 others like this.
  35. TreeHouse_Erection

But Monkish has SICK HOP BURN and they're the TH of the West Coast.

No thanks.

36. Longclaw

Trader

I don't know if I will get to it this weekend, perhaps the following weekend. Planning on having a Green and then the VGGG right after it. Only was able to get 2 of the VGGG, trying to savor them. That will be a week after canning. Wonder what I am in store for.

37. JLK7299

JLK7299 Meyvn (1,088) Apr 21, 2016 North Carolina
    Society Trader

Pretty interesting that on Message boards people aren't liking Very Ggg but the people rating/reviewing have it at a 4.87 and #6 on the top new beers

Sheppard likes this.
  38. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (1,791) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Do people ever like anything on the message boards?

Sheppard, parg0, Schuee and 3 others like this.
  39. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Initiate (183) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Very Gggreen is pretty close to what I thought it would be- no hop burn, thick mouthfeel, pineapple and tropical fruit smoothy- amazing- best of the green series IMO. Lest I be too much of a fanboi, I was pissed to show up today to only get 2 cans when they have at least a full pallet left on a slow Monday with limited offerings on cans. Trail Magic Puncheon is also great; I hope they start offering these kinds of beers regularly.

40. Sheppard

Trader

5/24 batch is magically delicious.