Tree House Brewing Company – April 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (459) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Another month, another thread. It's worked well in the past so here we go again. Let's try and make this one stop shopping for all things Tree House. Please use this thread to post the bottles/cans available along with costs, sizes, limits, and so forth.

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/

Twitter handle: @TreeHouseBrewCo

Spring is in the air...Excited to make my first trip out to the new spot. It's been a couple of months for me. Cheers!

2. MattOC

Trader

Per Twitter: Canning Curiosity 13

3. Justin42

Justin42 Aspirant (223) Apr 3, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

just saw that. yum.

4. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

Hopefully that means it'll be available tmrw at open?

5. MattOC

Trader

6. Ken_P

Ken_P Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts

So awesome!

7. scrub0bk

scrub0bk Initiate (0) Feb 21, 2014 Pennsylvania

Looks like thats the case for tomororw according to the on-tap page! Love they are ramping up cans etc, can't wait to make the trip in the upcoming months, should hopefully have a nice variety to stock up!

Ken_P likes this.
  8. TheElectricOne

TheElectricOne Defender (641) Jan 31, 2015 Rhode Island

Wow, four different beers, available in growlers and cans? Awesome! Definitely am not going to miss driving an hour and 45 minutes for a couple bottles!

mattosgood likes this.
  9. mattosgood

mattosgood Initiate (0) Jan 13, 2014 Massachusetts

Yeah, this is 100% true here, too. It was awesome to head out, grab a few growlers, hit up BT's. But with cans an option, it's so much better. I've yet to go, but shit, think about BT's. I always debate on the ten minute drive to BT's what growler will be "sacrificed." Now I can just bust out a can.

Beericjb likes this.
  10. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Seems to me like they filled up their tanks with new beers that people didn't have expectations of to test out the new system. This could lead to their "classic" beer (Julius anybody?) making an appearance in the next 1-2 weeks.

Or I could be completely wrong since I have no idea what I am talking about.

11. jamis

jamis Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2008 Massachusetts

I also do not know what I am talking about, though the same thought had crossed my mind.

Beericjb and MattXT like this.
  12. jessehurlburt

jessehurlburt Initiate (0) Oct 17, 2014 Connecticut

They have released SAP and Julius in cans already.

13. Berman1125

Berman1125 Initiate (0) Oct 31, 2014 Connecticut

Does this mean you can now buy a case of cans at treehouse? (12PM, 12 C13)

jomobono likes this.
  14. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

That is true, but those cans were from their old 5bbl system. Now the have transitioned to their new 30bbl system so we were just hypothesizing when we might see the bigger batches of beers like Sap/Haze/Julius/Green from the new system.

15. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

Yes

16. RichLoder

RichLoder Initiate (0) Feb 11, 2015

Just stopped by Mcladdens in noho on my way home from dinner. The whole bar was drinking Tree House. Awesome to see, don't care if the the pours are small give me Tree House on draft all day everyday!

17. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I am afraid to even bring this up, but do people normally tip in the can line?

concealed likes this.
  18. Goldfishman

Goldfishman Disciple (316) Jan 29, 2012 Massachusetts

I personal do not but I always tip in the growler line .

Ken_P and eb1610 like this.
  19. Vicirus

Vicirus Disciple (335) Oct 8, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

So I'm thinking of making my first trip out to TH from Boston tonight, and wondering what to expect. It looks like an hour and 15 min drive, so what's a reasonable time to arrive at if they open at 5? If I got there 30 mins early, are people lined up or just sitting in cars? Also can line is cash only? Then I get in the growler line and submit an order?

20. NJBeer265

NJBeer265 Initiate (0) May 21, 2013 New Jersey

If you get there 30 minutes before there will be people in line, especially with two different cans for sale but you should be fine for both. The can line is cash or credit. They pass out a slip when you are standing in line as to what you want to order for growlers so they can stay ahead. By the time I made it through the can line Saturday they were two away from my growler fills so they keep it moving quickly.

21. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (263) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Trader

Get there by 4 or a little before you should be ok.....usually! Could be 10-20 people in line by then

22. jessehurlburt

Can anyone guess how long it will take tonight to sell out on cans tonight? I want to make the trip, but I wouldn't arrive until around 6:30.

23. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (456) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

FWIW, I believe all canned releases have made it through the initial release day. At about 75 cases each, 150 people would need to show up and buy their full allotment of both PM and C13. My guess is that 6:30 will be safe (but nobody knows for sure). It seems like the pattern has been an initial rush at opening, resulting in a line for cans, once that line clears there really isn't much of a can line the rest of the night. The consolation prize is that both beers are available for growler fills and should last a few days.

24. MattOC

Trader

25. jessehurlburt

VAGABOND (Imperial IPA - 7.9% ABV) - Last month we invited our very good friend and talented brewer from Iowa, Mike Saboe, into Tree House to create a beer with Tree House with assistant brewer Brendan Prindiville who took the leading role on his second commercial beer…! The result is Vagabond - a highly collaborative, pungent Imperial IPA brewed exclusively with Nelson Sauvin and Mosaic hops. Vagabond pours a brilliant hazy yellow in the glass with a frothy bright white head. We smell and taste super bright notes of papaya, kiwi, blended tropical fruit juice, and a plethora of citrus. She finishes cleanly, with just the right amount of bitterness to balance things out. A beautiful beer to welcome spring - and to celebrate lasting friendship! (750 ML - $10) *** Limit 2 750 ML PP ***

jlordi12, Ken_P and Nav71292 like this.
  26. Nav71292

Nav71292 Initiate (0) Oct 14, 2014 Connecticut

just saw this and creamed me pants

American_Hawk likes this.
  27. Mag00n

Mag00n Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 New York

How long has the cans only line been at opening?

28. pjs234

Was there last Friday, line was easily 50-60 deep at open.

29. Mag00n

I see...45-60 mins you think?

30. pjs234

To get cans, yeah probably. I was #16, and got through the can line in 10 min or so. I think someone mentioned that, at its peak, the can line is 30-60 min to get through it. Now with Vagabond on too, all bets are off... though I would still imagine that the can line will move at a good pace.

31. Jmr85

Trader

It's 3:21 and there's about 30 people in line already

concealed likes this.
  32. phishfoolme

phishfoolme Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Massachusetts

4:40 arrival. At least 150-175 people in line. Wow!

33. SteveCarrozza

SteveCarrozza Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2014 New Hampshire

There wasn't that many people in line for Julius on a Saturday.

34. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Zealot (595) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Trader

Wow, maybe they don't want to expand hours. Pretty soon people will be camping out!

35. Jmr85

Trader

I wanna say this line was close to if not longer then the yahhhhhhrrrggg release! !!!

eb1610 likes this.
  36. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

Today was definitely close to Yahhhrrgg!! day. The line was zig zagging through the retail shop with at least another 75 people outside waiting to get inside. I saw a bunch of people taking pictures so hopefully someone can post one here

37. Vicirus

Vicirus Disciple (335) Oct 8, 2007 Massachusetts
    Trader

Yikes, I'm glad I used my better judgement and decided against going. I was about to hit the road at 3:30 when I saw Jmr85's update. I think a lot of people (myself included) were holding off making the trip until the limits were increased. Oh well, I went KBS hunting and came up with a 4 pack and some Not Your Father's root beer so it wasn't a total loss.

38. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

I was about 80th in line (according to the fill sheets they were passing out, obviously there were folks just getting cans) and I was in line from 355-550. Cans kicked at about 605 (75 cases of each, enough for 150 people to each get the max allotment). Crazy.

39. Mag00n

:confused:

40. NAPO

NAPO Initiate (197) Jan 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Ridiculous, just ridiculous. I'm happy for the crew either way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.