Tree House Brewing Company – April 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

best thing to do is check back here the week of your visit to see if anything is going on

2. Evmo31

Evmo31 Initiate (0) Feb 3, 2015 Connecticut

How deep is the line? Over 100 im guessing?

3. CoffeePorter

CoffeePorter Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

Lines were only 10 minutes today at Trillium...

Ken_P, nolanz14 and muzzy like this.
  4. RichD

RichD Crusader (792) Mar 18, 2012 Rhode Island
    Trader

I got here at 4 and was 106 in the growler line.

Evmo31 likes this.
  5. Evmo31

Yikes. Thanks for the info.

6. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

Was going to try and get some Julius for a buddy that's returning from a deployment but forget that, Thursdays at TH are nuts. *conclude whine*

7. jamis

jamis Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2008 Massachusetts

My guess is that they are still filling growlers.

8. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (264) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

I knew it would be busy today so I decided to go after dinner instead of after work. I arrived at 7:15, left right around 10 and there were *only* about 8-10 people still after me. It was like a night on the town and I now have a fridge full of delicious hop goodness to launch me into next week. As always, the Tree House gang was welcoming to the end!

First person to arrive showed up at 12:15. Apparently the line at 5 went all the way out to the street. Crazy. I spoke to a couple of guys inside just as I got there. They arrived a little after 4 and were still a half dozen cards away from getting their bottles onto the bar. They left a little before 8. I had fun and waited an hour less so I guess in the final analysis, going later paid off.

I just unwound from the ride home with a can of Sap. I like the dry contrast to juicy Julius. Chinook!

BGsWo22 and ILOVESTOUTS like this.
  9. CoffeePorter

Deactivated

there's no way i'm going to TH today...

10. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (236) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

How do Fridays compare to Thursdays? If I want any shot of Julius I'm guessing I should be there before 4?

11. jamis

jamis Initiate (0) Nov 30, 2008 Massachusetts

Unless something new and exciting gets released, Fridays seem to be quieter after the initial rush. Little or no wait by 7pm is not unheard of.

12. JKV96

JKV96 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2013 Massachusetts

Yea line was crazy. I got there at 2:40 and was 51 in line. By 5 the line was out to the road. They did a great job of moving it along though. They opened the door at 5 for cans I had my cans in 20 minutes and growlers in hand and on the road by 6:00. As I was leaving I overheard the growler line was at #200 plus and the line was still out the door.

13. Woody1180

Woody1180 Initiate (144) Sep 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

Are we able to bring the cans back to Treehouse for the deposit? I know no place near me is going to take them

14. Horbar

Horbar Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012 Rhode Island

No, put them in your recycle bin.

15. Mag00n

Mag00n Initiate (0) Nov 21, 2008 New York

Do the cans not have state recycling marks on them? Ive never bothered to look I always just put them in my recycling bin #teamlazy

16. Boomfishberg

Boomfishberg Initiate (0) Apr 5, 2015 Massachusetts

Yesterday was my 2nd trip to the Treehouse. Here's what I learned:

1) Don't go on Thursdays, unless they have King Julius on tap, and if they do, you need to get there ~2 hours before open to be one of the first 50.

2) Don't park in the cornfield, or you either incur the wrath of Dean (which is actually quite funny, he's wrathless) or you get stuck behind a Honda Accord that should never be driving in a cornfield)

3) Treehouse people are awesome - not just the employees but the people visiting. It's a small tap area and a lot of jostling and it's hot and there are ~150 people packed into a very small space, but nobody complains, no attitudes, nothin'. Just people waiting for hoppy goodness. It was kind of nice, actually.

I got there at 4pm, was #114 for growler fills, got my Sap cans quickly and had the guy in front of me buy an extra 4 for me (he was only getting 4 himself), threw them in the cooler in the car, and then waited 2 hours for my growler fills. Got 2 750s of Julius (King Julius kicked around #65), a 2L of Julius, and a 2L of Lights On. Ended up packing the growlers in the cooler and driving out at 7:30pm. On the way out, I was chatting with Dean and he thinks last night was their busiest night ever (moreso than the fabled Thursday night of the 300 visitors when they had Vagabond and C13). That's what Julius will do.

I really like their APAs....and I'm usually not an APA fan, but both Lights On and Present Moment are fairly hoppy, and the fruity goodness is terrific.

(Srsly, don't park in the cornfield). I wonder how they're going to handle parking going forward. Isn't this what sort of killed the retail shop at The Alchemist? Neighbors are already throwing up "NO PARKING" signs and a police cruiser visited twice.

17. Woody1180

Woody1180 Initiate (144) Sep 18, 2012 Massachusetts
    Trader

My recycle bin isn't great about refunding my deposit...

18. brendanryan1234

brendanryan1234 Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2014 Massachusetts

...what deposit did you put on that can?

pjs234 likes this.
  19. JKV96

JKV96 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2013 Massachusetts

I wish it kicked at #65 that would have meant I got some cause I was #51. It was closer to #35 or around there.

20. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

It kicked on #38 fill.

kylem2586 and JKV96 like this.
  21. RichD

Trader

Yesterday was my first trip to the new digs. I had been across the street about 6-8 times or so and same with the Brimfield location and I must say that I really like the new place. A bit cramped when there's 100+ people packed in there, but definitely more spacious than their old locations. Not sure that they were expecting that many people last night; hell I know I wasn't. I thought I would be in the top 50 if I got there an hour early and I wasn't even close to that.

Overall, it was a nice trip, aside from the fact that I, and mostly everyone else missed out on King Julius, and Julius cans. But I know that I'll thoroughly enjoy the hell out of my Sap cans and my 4 growlers (which TH set the limit at in order to reduce wait times last night).

Horbar and JKV96 like this.
  22. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

Green cans today according to Twitter. 70 cases today and 70 cases tomorrow

ChrisMyhre likes this.
  23. darkandhoppy

Gaaaaaaaaaaaah! They're killing me! !!!!

24. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (456) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

That might be Tree House's signage. For the Vagabond release, the cars were on both sides of the street, making it so that only one car could get through at a time. The Cops showed up and talked to Dean about it. The next week the signs were there. I think the police's main concern was that other cars can safely pass through. Hopefully the neighbors are not also upset...

25. Evmo31

Whats the scene like today? thinking about making the trip up.

26. BarRoomHero88

BarRoomHero88 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2012 New York

Pretty mellow from what I heard. Debating making the trip tomorrow.

27. CoffeePorter

Deactivated

50 cases of both Sap and Green left, hopefully there's still some left at 4 or so

28. RichD

Trader

Was hoping that TH would've added another set of cans last night as a consolation for missing out on Julius. Green cans would've been pretty damn nice.

29. Evmo31

It was very mellow. More mellow than i have ever seen it actually, even compared to the old spot a year ago. 20 minute wait for growlers at 7. And I think julius made it through the whole day.

DCLAguy11 likes this.
  30. darkandhoppy

^ I love nights like this. Seems more and more, Friday night is the night to go. I've come to think there's no doubt to that.

31. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (708) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Shh

darkandhoppy likes this.
  32. CoffeePorter

Deactivated

any news on how long the line is??

33. bostonwolf

bostonwolf Initiate (126) Jan 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Hate to say it but it's probably going to become a big problem for them if it continues. Very similar to the situation The Alchemist found themselves in.

34. bostonwolf

bostonwolf Initiate (126) Jan 20, 2015 Massachusetts

New thread for May started above....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.