Tree House Brewing Company – April 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. purephase

purephase Initiate (150) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

Can line short right now.

2. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (157) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Any word on how much King Julius was brewed?

3. NAPO

NAPO Initiate (197) Jan 7, 2014 Massachusetts

:slight_frown: I went yesterday and my cousin went 2 hours ago before release.

4. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (264) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

Go again! I went Thursday and again today. Ain't no Thang

NAPO and eb1610 like this.
  5. thatbentleyguy

thatbentleyguy Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2012 Massachusetts

Can line has been very short, but the wait for that 750 is very long!

6. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (456) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

how long? still debating making the trip

7. deleted_user_722966

deleted_user_722966 Initiate (0) Mar 11, 2013 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

Will 750 king julius last the day?

8. darkandhoppy

I got there at 12:30 and there was no line for cans. 2 hr wait for bottles. We went to BT's and had lunch. Many, Many Julius cans to be seen. Got back to the House a little after 2:30, Lauren had my bottles all set. When I asked her what the limits were, she said 1 x 750pp due to it being a small batch so I'd guess brewed on the old system. At 1pp, I'd say it should make it through the day. I was person 140 at 12:30.

[​IMG]

bruindre likes this.
  9. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (708) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

2 hour wait at 4 for growers and no can line. I doubt King would have made it to my fills if I waited. Took my Julius and made it home before would have possibly got growlers and am pretty happy with my decision

10. CoffeePorter

CoffeePorter Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

I did the same thing….i'm pretty happy to finally be able to try Julius!

11. BigBarleywine

BigBarleywine Initiate (171) Jan 31, 2015 Florida
    Trader

What's TH charging for the cans?

12. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

It was $22 for the 6 cans

13. BigBarleywine

BigBarleywine Initiate (171) Jan 31, 2015 Florida
    Trader

14. eb1610

eb1610 Initiate (0) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts

yes

15. thatbentleyguy

thatbentleyguy Initiate (0) Jun 11, 2012 Massachusetts

Yes, 16oz cans! Quite a bargain actually for this day and age - that would be about $5.00 if it came in a bomber at the same price per oz.

atdunn9 likes this.
  16. darkandhoppy

we're they warning of maybe running out?

17. pjs234

king was still pouring strong when I left there at 6:10 and they didn't say anything about it running low

18. BGsWo22

no warning of running out and they had enough for about 180 fills
    it was more so the 2 hour wait and then 2 hour drive

19. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

Very jealous of all you who were able to go get some of that amazing stuff today. Enjoy!!

20. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I got there at 4:15 and they told me it was a two hour wait for growlers. I waited, and it turned out that the wait was more like 1:20. And yes I got King Julius. My life feels complete now :grinning:.

darkandhoppy likes this.
  21. BGsWo22

Maybe there will be a next time for King Julius.
    I thought the wait may have been less but couldn't pull the trigger. Guess all my Julius will have to smooth my pain. Glad you or some. I bet it is phenomenal.

Oh wait there is no pain. I have plenty of Julius now.

22. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

Yeah I can't fault your decision. I very nearly did the same thing. I'm betting King Julius pops up again eventually.

23. deleted_user_722966

Deactivated

Thx for the insight. Got there at 5:30. Out at 6:30 with king julius and some Julius cans.

dolomite128, BGsWo22 and darkandhoppy like this.
  24. patrickcmcd

patrickcmcd Initiate (0) Dec 25, 2010 Massachusetts

I have a new schedule at work and it prohibits (as of now) a weekly Tree House trip. Kinda discouraging but its great that they are kicking out the classics right now. I'll get mine, eventually.

25. chewy527

chewy527 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

So...what are everybody's thoughts on how they released KJ and Julius Cans Saturday ?

I know "silent" releases weren't the norm at the old location, but after the fiasco that took place on Vagabond and C13 can day, I think they handled this as well as they could have.

Had they announced KJ/Julius prior to open, they would have had hundreds in line at open and parking would have been a mess. Even with the moderate limits, it would have been crazy.

What I saw was a very calm, organized day at the brewery even though they were very busy. My only complaint was I wish I could have gotten 2 KJ 750s or a couple more cans of Julius -- but by setting the limits they did, it guaranteed that anybody that went Saturday got a fair amount. It also left a little for Thursday, which I expect will have a larger than usual crowd for at open.

Great job guys!

26. BGsWo22

I only wound up with Julius cans (I didn't want to wait 2 hours for King Julius growler fills) and they are tasting really good. I am extremely happy with my decision.

I wonder if the line for Thursday started already.

27. pjs234

I generally don't care for silent releases, but I do agree that this one worked out nicely (easy to say when you scored a growler of King J). I got there around 4:45, was told it was a 2 hour wait, but was out by a little after 6, which was very cool. What was also nice, was that they had hinted that KJ was being brewed, so at least those that pay attention already were on the lookout for it.

woodfinish likes this.
  28. BGsWo22

Even with a silent release they had about 800 people buy cans of Julius.

That is a crazy thought. I imagine that if they did announce the release the cans would have sold out Saturday

29. BigStein88

BigStein88 Aspirant (299) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

The system seems to be working great for those that are relatively close or are willing to wait for limited amounts of beer. It is over 2 hours for me each way so I do not see myself making the trip in the near future. Can't justify that kind of trip for 6 cans and a growler or two. Not sure I would do it even for a case of Julius. Next time my travel plans bring me close, though, I will be there.

RKing44 likes this.
  30. Horbar

Horbar Initiate (0) Feb 24, 2012 Rhode Island

Can everything hoppy!!!! (Except small batch trials) Hell, can those too!!!

31. Ken_P

Ken_P Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts

FTFY

Horbar likes this.
  32. woodfinish

woodfinish Initiate (0) Aug 24, 2005 Massachusetts

I'd do it for a case of Julius, or a case of really any Tree House. But we saw what happened when everyone had a few days notice that you could get a full case of Tree House IPAs: Madness! (OK, having Vagabond on at the same time didn't help matters...)

I wonder if even with their new production levels at full throttle they'll ever be able to pre-announce (or even sell!) Julius or Green cases. It's not like the novelty is going to wear off, and the demand is clearly currently there to clean them out in an evening if they set limits like that.

Horbar likes this.
  33. CoffeePorter

CoffeePorter Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

I did the same and was able to drink some tasty beer as well as receiving some whales in return via trades

34. BGsWo22

Whales?

I plan to drink all my Julius

35. BigStein88

BigStein88 Aspirant (299) Nov 5, 2007 New Hampshire
    Trader

I would go if I had other things to do in that general area (read, within an hour) but not round trip for a case of beer. Not when I can use the same time to head to VT and get a case of Heady plus a bunch of other stuff. Even better, when I can hit Portland for Swish or something of that nature. Plus there is Trillium that is just over an hour from me...Don't get me wrong, I love Treehouse stuff, but just too far to do on it's own...But...if anyone ever wants to trade some Treehouse cans for VT stuff then keep me in mind!

36. darkandhoppy

I traded with my neighbor. 2 cans of J......for some C14. :slight_smile:

As far as I'm concerned, every week there's something special coming on. Either go or don't go. It's all good!

Mikecap, BGsWo22 and JKV96 like this.
  37. RichFellows

RichFellows Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2011 Connecticut

Happened to on a whim decide to hit a few breweries Saturday, one of them I didn't know much about but saw on the brewery map was TH. So we stopped there first, not having a clue anything was going on other than a normal Saturday. Holy cow, the growler line was a 2 hour wait due to King Julius and there was another line for cans of Julius that were coming off the canning line. Literally someone was loading them on a pallet right after they came off the line and another person was taking money for 6 at a time as fast as she could manage. Despite their best efforts the line stayed about 20 people deep with people cycling through about 1 per minute. Insane. It's an hour from me, I'll be back there soon.

#317 RichFellows, Apr 28, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2015
    darkandhoppy likes this.
  38. deleted_user_722966

Deactivated

darkandhoppy and Horbar like this.
  39. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (157) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Nate just posted in the help wanted forum looking for a Full Time Cellar Person.

Not that I'm at all qualified for the position, but this makes me super excited about the future of Tree House.

ppoitras likes this.
  40. deleted_user_722966

Deactivated

[​IMG]

Jbrews, kylem2586, atdunn9 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.