Tree House Brewing Company – April 2015

Discussion in 'New England' started by MattOC, Apr 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoffeePorter

CoffeePorter Initiate (0) Jan 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

Looks like I know where I will be on Saturday... Goodbye wallet

Ken_P likes this.
  2. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

I'm heading up to Boston for a wedding in a few weeks and was thinking of flying in early to hit up Tree House, so I had a couple of questions: 1) How long does it take to get there from Logan Airport with traffic if I were to fly in mid-afternoon (say around 2)? and 2) What's the crowd like on a typical Thursday night? How early should I plan to arrive to get out of there at a reasonable hour?

3. kylem2586

kylem2586 Initiate (0) Mar 19, 2014 Massachusetts

Thursday is usually the busiest night - if you get there around...330ish (if you leave Boston at 2 this is about the time you'll arrive - mind you they open at 5) you'll find yourself around 40th in line (give or take depending on what's on tap)

4. starrdogg

starrdogg Initiate (0) Jun 21, 2010 District of Columbia

Thanks for the info, this place gets busy it appears!

kylem2586 likes this.
  5. Ken_P

Ken_P Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2013 Massachusetts

Honestly your better bet on a Thursday would be to show up at 6:30 or so. Lines will be a lot shorter. You might miss some of the beers but you won't leave empty handed.

6. dolomite128

dolomite128 Initiate (141) Sep 17, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Any word on expansion of hours at this point? I know the new brewery is still in its infancy but I'm certainly looking forward to hitting up the brewery during the week while I'm out that way for work.

7. kylem2586

Nothing of substance. But their retail sales posting shows work hours of Wed-Fri 4-8 and Sat 9-6. Current hours are Thurs-Fri 5-8 and Sat 11-6...

8. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (234) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I'm thinking of heading down on Friday, but not sure if Double Shot (<5 bbl) and Julius (~15 cases) will be around then. What does everyone think and what time should I get there?

9. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Julius will 100% be gone by then. It will likely be accounted for before they even open on Thursday. Double shot will likely still be there regardless of when you arrive. Keep your eyes peeled for what they post later today or earlier tomorrow as they will likely have new cans/drafts on this week.

10. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Initiate (0) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts
    Brewery

Both Double Shot and Julius *should* survive Thursday for growlers. I don't think we can physically pour the 7 BBLS of Julius we have for growlers fast enough in three hours to run out. Can't promise anything, though.

kylem2586, MarkJC1018, zman_ and 3 others like this.
  11. zman_

zman_ Initiate (0) Mar 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Maybe I'll look less stupid if I mention I was talking about cans :stuck_out_tongue: (since thats what was mentioned in the post). Sounds like you should be good to get some Julius growlers if you head there on Friday.

12. darkandhoppy

darkandhoppy Aspirant (263) Dec 26, 2008 Connecticut

Everything's coming together for another historic Thursday!

13. BGsWo22

BGsWo22 Crusader (708) Sep 21, 2012 Texas

Did I miss something? Something amazing getting added to the lineup?

I mean only about 50-60 people are getting cans based on what is currently listed on the website. Which probably means having to be there by 2:30 (which is crazy)

14. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (447) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

~15 (cases) is approximately 15. 15 x 24 equals 360 (cans). At 4 cans pp, that's 90 people. With that said, people will probably still get there at 2:30 like you said.

15. BGsWo22

I missed the 4pp part. Still thought was 6pp

Although with growlers of Julius it might be worth it.

16. pjs234

pjs234 Devotee (456) Jun 29, 2008 Connecticut

And is there any King J left over? Don't recall seeing anything saying it kicked. Can't imagine there is much left for tomorrow.

17. chewy527

chewy527 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2014 Connecticut

Why is everybody discounting C15, plus Lights On, Double Shot and Eureka w/Citra ? I realize Eureka isn't everybody's favorite but you can guarantee yourself 5 amazing growlers (3 of which can be Julius) if you go Thursday. It's a bit of a no brainer in my eyes. Not sure if KJ will be available, but if it is, even better. My hunch, they are keeping KJ off the list to limit crowds, and if it wasn't going to be available, they'd have said so by now.

(I do realize some people have to drive 2-3 hours to come and the available beer plays a major factor in their decision, however it looks like tomorrow's list is pretty impressive!)

atdunn9 and jomobono like this.
  18. BGsWo22

I am not discounting anything they have on growler to offer. I drive 1:30 each way when I go to treehouse and there have been times when I saw the line and wait time and left and also times when I have waited. There have been times lately when all I have bought were cans and no growlers.
    I have yet to find something They have made that I don't like or wouldn't get again.
    I was simply saying that guaranteeing yourself at least a 2:30 minute wait is crazy to me. And that is if you show at 2:30 and are number 1 in line.

19. darkandhoppy

Sap in cans. BOOM!

20. Macsimus

Macsimus Initiate (169) Feb 19, 2014 North Carolina

I so wish I was going to the brewery first and then to the Dive Bar this Saturday....epic beer day !!!

21. BGsWo22

Nice an 8pp limit.

When is green and haze? Need them in my life

JGLittle likes this.
  22. darkandhoppy

So here's a recycling question for everyone: what do you all do with your tree house empties? Our local high school has a can and bottle drive and I always take my empties to them. They weren't as excited about tree house cans as I am. They took 'em but I think they probably got stuck with them.

23. RichFellows

RichFellows Initiate (0) Mar 13, 2011 Connecticut

I'm lazy with beer cans, usually just toss them in the recycle bin when I bring out the trash. Though I maybe should take them back with me to the scrap yard when I scrap other stuff there (scrap some work staff like copper wire).

24. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

I put them in the recycle bin. None of the returns around me take them back.

25. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (157) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

I've never had a problem with my liquor store in Westfield taking them back.

TRFD803 likes this.
  26. kylem2586

Recycling bin....some old dude drives the neighborhood and snatches them out

eb1610 likes this.
  27. pjs234

I don't think we're paying a deposit on them when we buy them, so taking to a store for 5 cents is probably not appropriate. I personally just send them to the curb with the recycling.

28. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (243) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

I like cans because when I empty my recycle bin full of glass I sound like a raging alcoholic.

29. Hophead717

Hophead717 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2011 Massachusetts

This whole "you have to be there at 2:30 to get Julius cans" is silly. On their most popular day ever, I arrived at 3:45 and was 41st in line. At least 60 people will get J cans tomorrow (any everyone who comes tmrw will get Julius growlers, per the TH twitter feed). The hysterical posts in this thread will only drive people to arrive earlier and earlier, out-competing only the most hardcore, "I have to be first" types.

This isn't to say that 60 people won't be in line by 3:45 tomorrow, but if they are, the self-defeating logic from the above posts will be the primary reason. Let's not feed into it.

30. dolomite128

dolomite128 Initiate (141) Sep 17, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

The Sterling HMEA takes all bottles and cans with redemption amounts in MA on the bottle / can. I take all my stuff there by the bag / case (as explained on their site). In and out of there in just minutes and I usually donate half (if not more) of the redemption as it's a not-for-profit organization. I just want to get rid of them.

There are a few of them around the Metro West / Worcester area.

31. darkandhoppy

I was just wondering (about cans). I can take 'em to the local transfer station to be recycled with the rest of the trash. as for my local bottle & can fundraiser, I thought maybe they had a scrap guy come to buy aluminum by the lb. I didnt really think about it til the guy I know working the drive said "how come these don't have UPC codes on them. I'm not sure we can do anything with them"

32. SteveCarrozza

SteveCarrozza Initiate (0) Aug 19, 2014 New Hampshire

Anyone on here usually go Friday nights around 7:30? If so what's the wait like? I normally make my trip down Saturday morning but will be driving through the area on Friday night. Just wanted to get an idea of what I could be in for. Thanks!

33. schinebd

schinebd Disciple (353) Feb 11, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

I went two Fridays ago around 6:30 and there was a veritable bounty (growlers with C14, Double Shot, Haze, cans of Eureka and Lights On) and no wait. By the time I purchased and loaded the cans into my trunk, my growlers were ready. Not sure if will it be different this Friday with Julius potentially available, though.

34. MattOC

MattOC Devotee (447) Jan 13, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

** UPDATED 4/29/15 @ 3:05 PM.

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/

Looks like Julius cases have been adjusted - "10 cases remain." Previously posted as ~15 cases. A whole bunch of SAP cans to offset that, plus a handful of growler options. Great spread for those making the trip today. Enjoy.

35. DrunkyBuddha

DrunkyBuddha Initiate (0) Jul 3, 2014 Connecticut

What's the chance they still have King Julius on? Or did they bring the last of it for the event on Saturday at the Dive Bar?

36. SRBush1974

SRBush1974 Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2015 New Jersey

I've never been to TH. But it is my brothers favorite brewery. He lives in Boston. So he has introduced me to them.

Although the 4 can limit on Julius bothers me, I think it is a good step. I like the 8 can pp on SAP as a better limit. Wish I could get 1/2 a case of each for my 3 hour drive there, but spreading the wealth is better IMHO. It sickens me when I see people running out with 3 cases of one beer at a time. I get trading and all that. A case is more than enough to share and trade with. So great job TH!

Any idea on the future of Julius cans? From what I read, it seems like they said they could now produce as much as they have in their entire past. Seems like last weeks release was very small for what they could produce.

Hoping to make the drive up there in the next month or so!

lic217 likes this.
  37. JKV96

JKV96 Initiate (0) Jun 22, 2013 Massachusetts

The only reason for the 4 can PP limit today is because there is only 10 cases left. When it was released last weekend it was 6 PP. They do a great job of spreading the wealth to people. It's a great place enjoy your trip up when you make it there.

SRBush1974 likes this.
  38. jebiker852

jebiker852 Initiate (0) Jan 16, 2015 Massachusetts

I'm headed there now I have no life...

Sheppard likes this.
  39. pnutbutr

pnutbutr Initiate (0) Jan 4, 2013 New Jersey

I've read through this whole thread and I'm not sure I really know the answer to this question:

If there is nothing special going on... no cans, no collab/newfangled growler fill... what is this place like on a Saturday afternoon? Friends and I are planning a trip up here later this summer and I'm just trying to figure out if we're gonna be completely boned on regular growler fills if we show up at like 3pm.

40. pjs234

I think it's pretty chill for the situation you describe.

kylem2586 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.