Tree House Brewing Company (April 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xerlic

Xerlic Initiate (146) Aug 26, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

I come from the NYC area, and always take off work on a Friday to go up if I make a Tree House trip. As others have said, Saturday is a real crapshoot and things can sell out. You're almost always guaranteed to walk away with a decent haul if you go Friday.

Sip404 likes this.
  2. Newport_beerguy

Newport_beerguy Zealot (539) Feb 24, 2011 Rhode Island
    Beer Trader

If I was in a 20-30 minute radius of TH Saturday afternoons would be my jam. With the addition of pours recently, locals to the area can pretty much tick most of their beers. At least some compensation for needing to deal with can crowds the rest of the time.

3. mschofield

mschofield Meyvn (1,450) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

Has anyone gone hiking in the Brimfield State Forest, looks like trails are accessible from the Dean Pond area, it's practically Tree House's next door neighbor.

I'm going on Wednesday, thinking of checking it out.

4. SKOLAR

SKOLAR Initiate (118) May 12, 2016 New York
    Beer Trader

Considering coming to Treehouse this weekend from NYC. Do you think its a better Idea to come friday around 5 pm or early Saturday around 830-9am? Trying to figure out whats best to guarantee some cans.

5. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (270) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Asked and answered on this very page.

Friday.

eb1610 likes this.
  6. SKOLAR

Beer Trader

I know Friday is the better day, I'm just not sure if arriving at 5:30 pm is a good idea. I'm not gonna be able to come any earlier.

7. Phishagonia

Phishagonia Disciple (342) Jan 28, 2011 Connecticut
    Subscriber

I recommend checking out the March thread for Tree House. Pretty sure there are multiple questions along these lines in there.

eb1610 and SKOLAR like this.
  8. dwmetsfan13

dwmetsfan13 Initiate (154) Jul 22, 2013 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

They rarely release anything new on Saturday, it's just Friday's leftovers. Unless you blindly luck into a bottle release or something there's no chance of Saturday being better than Friday.

Sip404 and SKOLAR like this.
  9. SKOLAR

Beer Trader

Thanks for the responses!

Phishagonia likes this.
  10. Crisb184

Crisb184 Initiate (177) Dec 25, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Does anyone track historically what treehouse has released on certain days going back a few months? Someone used to do this and it was helpful to try and understand what was released when.

11. cdilisio

cdilisio Initiate (33) Apr 18, 2015 Maine
    Beer Trader

12. Crisb184

Crisb184 Initiate (177) Dec 25, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Beer Trader

Doh! Thanks , will read closer next time

NiceBeerCans likes this.
  13. Jmr85

Jmr85 Aspirant (285) Nov 25, 2013 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Did Treehouse fill 750's last Saturday of juice machine or was it just canned?

14. colby600

colby600 Aspirant (226) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Filled them for the last hour of being open.

15. Himself

Himself Aspirant (236) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

16. Sip404

Sip404 Initiate (151) Feb 27, 2017 Virginia
    Beer Trader

Hoping something other than Haze or Lights on are available this Friday. I got both the first time I went up a few weeks back and while delicious, I'd like to try some other offerings.

17. Himself

Beer Trader

Green or Alter Ego is what I'm guessing

18. mschofield

Subscriber

Hoping for Sap as the second, but looking at the spreadsheet it does seem like Alter Ego is due

19. mschofield

Subscriber

Haze will be gone by Friday

20. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (377) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Either way is good... are you feeling Chinook-y or Mosaic-y?

mschofield likes this.
  21. Himself

Beer Trader

I know it's not necessarily a favorite but I wouldn't mind Bright w/Nelson

mschofield and MarkJC1018 like this.
  22. mschofield

Subscriber

Sap is an all-time favorite

if anyone is coming from out of town tomorrow, I could do an early pickup at a commuter rail stop in Franklin or Worcester, but I'm going early so I can hike in Brimfield and I'm a gonna hit Amherst Brewing after

23. icfpny

icfpny Initiate (197) Apr 3, 2015 New York
    Beer Trader

They still open at 11-ish on Wednesdays these days? Back to noon due to weather?

(On phone and too lazy to search. Thanks.)

24. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (328) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Read the first post in this thread.

25. Harimura

Harimura Initiate (128) Feb 12, 2017 Japan

Flying out of Chicago at 5pm Friday so I only get to partake in the Saturday crapshoot. Fingers crossed they pull out a surprise like the the last time I went and scored growlers of VH and DS on a Saturday. Fingers crossed their are cans left in the morning (double fingers crossed it's not something I've had)

See you in the line

26. skleice

skleice Aspirant (226) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Bright x6

VABA and Phishagonia like this.
  27. TheSevenDuffs

TheSevenDuffs Poo-Bah (3,011) Jan 20, 2010 Ontario (Canada)
    Beer Trader

Heading there tomorrow. Is it typical that the two Wednesday beers are part of the growler gill lineup for Thursdays or is what's available for fills completely random?

Sip404 likes this.
  28. jomobono

jomobono Disciple (349) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts
    Subscriber Beer Trader

The Wednesday beers will be on tap.

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/

TheSevenDuffs likes this.
  29. agreenman19

agreenman19 Meyvn (1,029) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

They open when the people demand it.

30. Sip404

Beer Trader

Heading to TH on Friday. Is there much of a rush in the afternoon? I could be there as early as 1 pm but I suspect that's overkill.

31. RuckIt

Beer Trader

Definitely overkill, even if something big drops. Keep an eye on their Twitter feed as well as the Tree House Line Updates group on Facebook. If there are two canning runs, they usually post the first one in the morning and tease the second one, with the official post shortly before open. If it's something big, they'll sometimes simply leave it as a silent release, however people post almost immediately on the Facebook group.

Depending on where you're coming from, there are other stops worth while to kill time before/after TH. What's your route?

32. Sip404

Beer Trader

I'm planning to leave Northern VA at 3 am and hitting Jack's Abby, Exhibit 'A', and Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge before I hit the line at Tree House. Hard to tell if I'll be needing to lay off the sauce by then. I'm primarily going up for TH and Bissell's Swish release on Saturday so I've gotta get from TH to Portland by Friday night.

Edit: I'm looking at hitting Stoneface in NH on the way to Portland. Is that worth it or just a decent brewery that I don't absolutely have to get to?

YS1977 likes this.
  33. RuckIt

Beer Trader

It looks like you're going to overshoot TH, then backtrack to get your cans/fills. Consider leaving a bit later (whatever helps avoid rush hour traffic in DC/B'more/Philly/NYC) and just going straight to TH for 1-2pm arrival. They've opened between 1:30 - 2:15 the last 4 weeks, so you can show up shortly after open (2pm?) and snag a parking spot in the main lot while the line is already rolling.

After TH, stop at Yankee Spirits, then Armsby Abby in Worcester for some dinner & HF drafts and let traffic die down a bit. From there you can easily hit Exhibit A and Jack's Abby before continuing up to Maine.

Stoneface isn't completely necessary, but not far off the highway. There's several good breweries in Portsmouth NH you can consider too. Tributary is releasing Mott the Lesser on Saturday, so you can hit that after Swish without much trouble, if you're headed back south anyways - or don't mind the hour drive each way from Portland if you're staying there Saturday night.

Assuming you're driving back Sunday, keep in mind Trillium is open (both locations) as are a couple other spots worth stopping at.

Have fun!

34. Sip404

Beer Trader

Thanks dude! I was planning on Yankee Spirits because I was so impressed by it the last time I went up to TH. Exhibit A and Jack's Abby were also on my hit list.

Appreciate the mention of Tributary and Mott the Lesser. I'll definitely swing by and try to get some. That's the kind of brewery and release that I would never have known about.

I'm actually planning to drive back Saturday afternoon. I've still got some Trillium from my last trip. Great place but I'd rather seek out something new for this trip.

Thank you for all the info!

YS1977 and RuckIt like this.
  35. CityofWind_brew

CityofWind_brew Disciple (335) Jan 15, 2014 Illinois
    Beer Trader

At 2pp, how long would you vets anticipate bright lasting today?

36. Himself

Beer Trader

@ 2pp and 37 cases your talking 400+ peeps so I would guess at least 2hrs

CityofWind_brew likes this.
  37. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (377) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

38. Sip404

Beer Trader

Think it'll be around tomorrow?

39. skleice

skleice Aspirant (226) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Due to the rain and the fact that it is a core beer, I would guess there will be. But, people may be stocking up to go on vacation next week.

40. DanSails

DanSails Initiate (165) Oct 3, 2012 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Man, totally missed that. Makes one wonder if the King is coming soon.

Question for the brewers in the group: other than an uber-Curiosity, what's next given the following?

Julius-JJJuliuss-King Julius-King JJJuliuss
    Green-Very Green
    Hazy-Very Hazy (why no IPA version?)
    Alter Ego-Doppel-Double
    Sap-Super Sap

Is Very Green a DDH? Also curious as to more informed customers views on the hops in each base beer...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.