Tree House Brewing Company (April 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Apr 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdilisio

cdilisio Initiate (29) Apr 18, 2015 Maine
    Beer Trader

6 days you say? Didn't realize that.. Do you know what day they're closed?

2. von_kaiser

von_kaiser Zealot (574) Feb 19, 2014 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

access rd pkg might be restricted due to fire truck access. could be wrong though.

3. skleice

skleice Aspirant (221) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

No, just going off of what I remember from an interview. I doubt they will be open that much at first. They've got to ramp up and I'm sure they will take their time to maintain quality.

4. GabrielEVH

GabrielEVH Initiate (194) Mar 24, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Regarding the parking, TH actually replied to a question about it on that same Tweet thread. Here's their response:

"We aren't worried about parking. It's in Charlton, MA."

5. agreenman19

agreenman19 Savant (972) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

This is their overflow plan:

[​IMG]

cdilisio and OnlyTheFinest like this.
  6. Dave_32

Dave_32 Initiate (141) Apr 7, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

They should put a gate up and open it 1 hour before the posted opening time.

7. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (2,764) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Beer Trader

They should require EZPass and a Soylent Green ration ticket!

8. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Initiate (186) Feb 5, 2016 Maine
    Beer Trader

Such a smart idea. Glad Alchemist started doing this.

cgwami likes this.
  9. GabrielEVH

Beer Trader

I agree. I feel bad for the staff that they're at the mercy of how early people want to arrive. They work long enough hours as it is.

Phishagonia likes this.
  10. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (318) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

...Soylent Green would be an awesome variant name.

beardfacejesus and Sabtos like this.
  11. agreenman19

Beer Trader

Only issue with this at the current location is that it gums up the local streets. I'm not sure what the roads are like around the new location, but if there's a little more freedom to drive and turn around without bothering people (like if the brewery is off a main drag), then this could and should absolutely work. The key is being able to give it a couple weeks/months before people start to take the hint without making the area hell for that time.

12. mschofield

mschofield Meyvn (1,447) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts
    Subscriber

Its rt 20, and its a nonresidential zone, so much better than the current area for traffic

agreenman19 and skleice like this.
  13. Himself

Himself Aspirant (236) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

they should clear cut 100 acres around the facility for parking :stuck_out_tongue:

14. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Meyvn (1,222) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

The T should run straight to the new building.

Trull, Hos and gclaw4444 like this.
  15. Larueminati

Larueminati Aspirant (210) Sep 3, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Lots of locals are still wondering if they're going to keep the Monson location open for retail sales. Hoping I won't have to drive out to Charlton on a regular basis starting this summer, although when I have time I'll definitely be out there hitting BT's and TH.

16. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Beer Trader

You in Western Mass, I take it? Because Charlton is about ten minutes closer for Boston-area folks.

17. mschofield

Subscriber

According to the employee handing out growler slips a few Fridays ago, they're thinking of keeping it open for some retail,

18. wehaveamap

wehaveamap Initiate (179) Jan 16, 2010 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Given how crazy the fanatics are, I feel like keeping Monson open can only be bad news chaoswise until Charlton gets to the point where there aren't limits or they are Trillium case per beer level high. Otherwise people driving to one for open then waiting in line at the other is an inevitability.

19. Larueminati

Beer Trader

Yes, about 10 minutes on the western side of Monson. The drive to Charlton would only be about 30-40 minutes for me, give or take.

That is a good point, not sure how they'd go about having X amount of beer at each location or dealing with a rush at X location. Makes the prospect of them having both operating seem less. Trillum found a way to make it work, and just keep people notified as to how much beer is left at each location as they do.

Also, we all know the neighbor's are probably fed up with the monson location but I hope they keep it open it's too damn convenient for me.

20. agreenman19

Beer Trader

Maybe they'll just sell Bright exclusively at Monson? That'll keep the crowds down.

21. Larueminati

Beer Trader

That would do it

cgwami likes this.
  22. GabrielEVH

Beer Trader

When you say retail, would this just be TH shwag or canned beer to go as well?

23. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Meyvn (1,222) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Bright + Sap

cgwami and ajcuster89 like this.
  24. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Beer Trader

YES PLEASE. Unlimited Sap with no lines ever? SIGN ME UP RIGHT NOW!

mschofield and skleice like this.
  25. GabrielEVH

Beer Trader

How about 12oz cans of Juice Machine, Very Hazy, or King Jjjjuliusss at a 1pp limit total per day as a psychology experiment to see if they still get a line.

cskillage, cgwami and pdy90727 like this.
  26. gclaw4444

gclaw4444 Initiate (140) Jul 30, 2015 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I didnt think about this, but yea, considering the number of people who buy as much treehouse as possible to trade/sell (i think there was a discussion about a facebook page doing this in this thread) i wouldnt be surprised at people getting around limits by going to both.

27. agreenman19

Beer Trader

I suspect the Monson location will focus more on the mixed fermentation brews for retail.

cgwami, Shyla987 and skleice like this.
  28. skleice

Beer Trader

They would.

Shyla987 likes this.
  29. skleice

Beer Trader

The website colors are just screaming Eureka w/Citra. That would be the perfect beer for this week as I complete a project outside.

mschofield likes this.
  30. mschofield

Subscriber

If they keep up retail sales there I don't see how it wouldn't include beer. The employee I talked to didn't know for sure they'd continue sales in Monson, just thought it was likely in some form.

Just remember the operating times in their application to the town are the permitted hours. It doesn't mean they'll use them all.

Maybe they want the option for holiday weeks, or snow events or for 10 years down the line. And they don't want to seek town permission if they want to open on say a Tuesday of Thanksgiving week. Get permitted for it and they have the option if they want to use it.

31. cgskippy

cgskippy Initiate (162) Apr 6, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

I'm thinking leave monson draft only. have 10-12 taps going like the original vision

jlordi12 likes this.
  32. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Initiate (186) Feb 5, 2016 Maine
    Beer Trader

Are Curiosity's specifically IPA/DIPA variants?

Has there been a stout before?

33. Spoild

Spoild Aspirant (232) Jan 30, 2017 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

I have heard from employees and I think Nate said it on Twitter that Monson will be indeed kept open for mixed fermentation, i.e. the Native series, but also some other special beers and possibly a barrel aging program.

#193 Spoild, Apr 11, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2017
    cgwami and DeweyCheatem-n-Howe like this.
  34. Spoild

Beer Trader

Curiosity beers are experimental IPA/DIPA batches that allow Nate and Damien to try some new things. They use the results of those beers to try and improve the regular offerings. It's really taken off though as there have been some amazing Curiosity beers that people want more of. It's worth noting that someone asked Nate on Twitter if they would ever see C27 and C28, specifically, ever again to which Nate said something that implied they could be seen again once the new brewery was open. I'll see if I can find that tweet, but there are a lot of replies from Nate, which in itself is awesome that he is so accessible.

It's worth noting that C20 turned into Bright. It is the only Curiosity beer that has become a regular offering to this point.

Oh boy...

35. Himself

Himself Aspirant (236) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

they listed Julius yesterday for the canning run..... probably be Green tomorrow

36. Spoild

Beer Trader

37. agreenman19

Beer Trader

Pale ales too.

38. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Beer Trader

C32 from a few weeks ago was great. I'd love to see it made more often, but how many "regular rotation" beers do we want Nate & Co. to focus on? Semi-regular we have Julius, Green, Doppel, AE, Lights On, Haze, Bright, Sap, Eureka... you've got the Imperial or DDH or whatever versions of all of them (your Kings and Verys and whatnot)... you've got interesting non-hops like Ma and Bear and Trailbreaker... you've got a handful of dark beers with Hustle, TWSS and the Multi-Shots... then there's the Native series...

I'd like to see more regular availability of all the great stuff they've developed into more or less finished products rather than going nuts with adding formerly one-off beers into the mix. JMO of course.

39. Spoild

Beer Trader

Greater availability of the regular stuff (core four, Bright, Sap, etc) I think is the main goal of Charlton. Though I doubt there will ever be a "finished" product since they continue to evolve the beers. Regardless, they will be brewing on a 60 BBL system with more fermentation vessels, I believe, greatly increasing how much beer they can make once everything is running at full capacity. I think brewing a batch of an old Curiosity beer maybe once a month would be welcomed by a lot of people without hurting the availability of the regulars too much. Or they could even do them in Monson and the regulars wouldn't be affected. Will have to wait and see how they handle that.

P.S. Also thought C32 was amazing.

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe likes this.
  40. llrain

llrain Initiate (110) Dec 9, 2016 Massachusetts

I believe their customer parking isn't even represented here and has yet to be carved out..that lot could be an employee lot IMHO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • About Us

Founded in Boston in 1996, BeerAdvocate (BA) is your go-to resource for beer powered by an independent community of enthusiasts and professionals dedicated to supporting and promoting better beer.

Learn More
  • Our Community

Comprised of consumers and industry professionals, many of whom started as members of this site, our community is one of the oldest, largest, and most respected beer communities online.
  • Our Events

Since 2003 we've hosted over 60 world-class beer festivals to bring awareness to independent brewers and educate attendees.
  • Our Magazine

Support uncompromising beer advocacy and award-winning, independent journalism with a print subscription to BeerAdvocate magazine.