Tree House Brewing Company (December 2015)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by eb1610, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kalosjakar

kalosjakar Initiate (0) May 5, 2014 Rhode Island

I can attest. I went on Saturday before Thanksgiving and arrived 30 minutes before opening, still 180th in line for growlers. Was even more there for cans. Loved it though. Such an awesome time I might go tomorrow since as you said, both Julius and Green available. So tempting, an hour and thirty minutes away but well worth it.

2. MakersNeat

MakersNeat Aspirant (292) Oct 2, 2012 New York
    Trader

Per twitter it sure looks like Julius will be gone, both cans and growlers. It will be green and whatever else they can and/or offer up for growlers.

3. BAMF

BAMF Initiate (0) Jul 11, 2007 Massachusetts

I'll keep saying this, if you are making a trip just for tree house, sometimes it is better to get there towards the end of a day. Thanksgiving eve I waited an hour and a half for a case of cans and passed on fills b/c it was an extra half hour wait. If I had arrived about 45 before close that day I could have picked up the same case of beers with little wait and put my glass on the bar to be filled right away. Being there when they open is not always the best idea.

MyThoughtsExactly and dhaakon like this.
  4. JJGittes

JJGittes Initiate (0) Aug 17, 2015 Connecticut

This. Tonight I arrived at 6:15. No can line. 6 cans of Julius and 8 cans of Green and back in the car in about 5 minutes. Did not do growlers. No doubt there are occasions when arriving early creates an edge in getting beers that might kick soon. But more often than not, it's better to go later in the business window than early. Barring travel and time conflicts, it seems bonkers to stand in line for an hour or more to get the same beers you can get in 5 minutes 3 hours later.

jlordi12 likes this.
  5. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (94) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

That was due to Good Morning being on tap.

6. adebaene

adebaene Initiate (0) Sep 4, 2015 Wisconsin
    Deactivated

Single Shot in cans today.
    https://twitter.com/TreeHouseBrewCo/status/679688578536976385

Stout lovers rejoice! We at filling ~ 275 cases of this guy today. Limit 12 cans per person. Also for growlers!

Plus it looks like they will have a small batch Pale Ale available in Growlers they will announce soon.

7. JordonHoltzman

JordonHoltzman Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2009 New York

Trying to make the trip up to Boston on NYE. They just posted their hours on NYE will be 2-6. If I'm trying to JUST get some cans, how long will I have to wait if I get their at 2 exactly. Is that a horrible wait? I need to get to Boston for New Year's so trying to see if there is an efficient way to do this.

8. MenardMa

MenardMa Initiate (0) Feb 6, 2011 Connecticut

Facebook group is getting to be a bit much. Sheesh.

MA_hops, palphen, Capt_Quint and 2 others like this.
  9. MenardMa

Impossible to predict, we don't know what they'll have.

On a day like NYE...yes, if you get there at 2 you will probably wait an hour+ for cans. People will surely be stocking up for NYE parties no matter that is for sale that day...and if they release anything that tends to bring the huge crowds out then people will start lining up at like 10.

10. ryanlefebvre93

ryanlefebvre93 Initiate (0) Sep 29, 2015 New Hampshire
    Deactivated

According to Twitter there is already people in line... Insanity

11. NYMike0802

NYMike0802 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2015 New York

About 40 in line.

Echelon One on for growlers. Small batch modern APA. Citra/Galaxy

12. Moopband

Moopband Initiate (110) Jul 20, 2010 New York

Probably because of limited Julius still leftover for today. Or people are just crazy.

13. dmolz

dmolz Initiate (0) Dec 2, 2014 Connecticut

I'll go with crazy.

Mikecap and Horbar like this.
  14. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Aspirant (277) Nov 6, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Trader

If I have to see one more "look how many IPA's I have in my refrigerator" picture (and lets be honest, these people don't like beer; They like IPA's) ...

It warms my heart just a slight bit when I see a single stout blended into those pictures. Makes me optimistic for humanity.

That said, gimme the difference between single and double shot. I've had many double shots, no single shots. Is it just ABV?

15. bostonwolf

bostonwolf Initiate (127) Jan 20, 2015 Massachusetts

Just got here. 50 or 60 people in front of me

16. DZachariah

DZachariah Initiate (0) Nov 7, 2014 Massachusetts

Single Shot is a different recipe than Double Shot--it's a milk stout. Definitely as intense as most Double Shot roasts I've had, though.

17. NYMike0802

NYMike0802 Initiate (0) Sep 30, 2015 New York

i'll go with day before a holiday.

18. mrmattosgood

mrmattosgood Aspirant (277) Nov 6, 2010 Canada (BC)
    Trader

So a milk stout with coffee. Sounds delightful.

DZachariah likes this.
  19. kalosjakar

kalosjakar Initiate (0) May 5, 2014 Rhode Island

Its good, drank one lastnight and now i only have 1 more left.

20. Capt_Quint

Capt_Quint Initiate (158) May 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

A thousand times this. Love the great info from Jay, but the rest is getting tiring.

Horbar, MA_hops, pjs234 and 6 others like this.
  21. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (0) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

What is happening in the Facebook group? I banned myself from Facebook a couple years ago :grinning:

mschofield and MA_hops like this.
  22. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

There's an steady stream of newbies complaining (entitlement much?), questions about the line & fridge/random haul pictures. There also fairly regular updates about how crappy some folks are being, like locking the bathroom stalls from the outside, drinking on the premises, people arriving late and cutting the line to meet up with someone, etc....

Jay does a fantastic job with the updates but the tone of the group seems to have changed a bit in the last 2-3 months, IMO.

apollokim, BeerKev11, MA_hops and 4 others like this.
  23. jlordi12

jlordi12 Devotee (470) Jun 8, 2011 Massachusetts

This is why we can't have nice things.

MA_hops, stearns16, Piels25 and 3 others like this.
  24. Mr2Saint

Mr2Saint Initiate (0) Feb 10, 2015 Connecticut

Agree. Lots of negativity lately in the group.

They had a recent influx of adds to the group. I can recall Jay posting about it maybe 3-4 weeks ago reinforcing the rules of the group (which no one follows).

25. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

Yeah, this generally happens when you get a large number of people together on the internet. Two other Admins are also working to keep people in line and remove them if necessary. Still a pretty fun group but I can see how it can get to be too much sometimes.

MenardMa likes this.
  26. slengteng

Thanks. I have seen some of those things happening. Just today after about 50 minutes of being in line several people arrived and joined a solo friend a couple spots ahead of me. Pretty inconsiderate.

HeyHayward likes this.
  27. Piels25

Piels25 Aspirant (237) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Looks like it was a busy night with no cans left and very little Double Shot remaining for growler fills.

28. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Air them grievances. I also really dislike how a "FIRST!!!" culture is developing where three people will put up separate posts any time a new can is announced. Gotta get that street cred.

29. MenardMa

*Blatantly complains about the selection at Tree House today because they happen to not be pouring the specific beer I personally most want.*

*Gets defensive when people call me out for being entitled and claims I "wasn't complaining"*

HeyHayward likes this.
  30. allezvousen

allezvousen Initiate (0) Aug 11, 2015 Massachusetts

Something happened since the last Good Morning release. Wednesdays used to be almost always in and out in five minutes. Not complaining about TH's popularity but thought it was interesting how one big release can trigger an increase in demand. Was hoping it might die down after a couple of weeks (and King Julius release DID NOT help!), but I am afraid this is the status quo moving forward.

ppoitras likes this.
  31. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

That happens here too! :wink:

MenardMa likes this.
  32. mrl491

mrl491 Initiate (0) Nov 25, 2015 New Hampshire

God, this. It's crazy. As soon as a beer is announced you see it like six times. It should just be Jay doing it.

FIRST!!! LOOK AT ME!

33. bostonwolf

bostonwolf Initiate (127) Jan 20, 2015 Massachusetts

I was # 52 in line according to the Growler cards and the guy behind me was one of the last to get Julius, so there were almost 30 people on front of me only getting cans since 82 or sowas the max that was getting Julius.

Growler fills were super fast. Only two beers pouring and four taps of each of them with a 3 bottle limit kept it moving

They opened at 2:20 and I was on the road by 2:55.

I don't think we are going to see the days of five beers on tap and multiple cans for a long time, if ever. The cat is out of the bag about them and we aren't going to see a lot of beers released one week last into the next week again.

Great for them, not so great for us.

34. followerofmen

followerofmen Initiate (104) Sep 9, 2012 Massachusetts

The cat has BEEN out of the bag for quite some time now. It's the holidays, it's sharing and stocking up time. They were pouring 5 beers with multiple cans not long ago. I expect them toget back on track in time. And if I recall the initial announcement correctly, the ultimate goal is to get all the core beers to cans only with growler-only small batch options available. I doubt that all went to hell, and rather this expansion is a slow but steady process.

35. timotao

timotao Disciple (303) Sep 16, 2013 New York
    Trader

Why? to prevent people from getting on line?

#475 timotao, Dec 24, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2015
  36. HeyHayward

HeyHayward Initiate (0) Dec 13, 2013 New York

Dean asked someone post it on the Facebook group, apparently someone(s) have been locking at least two of the stalls for potentially a few weeks now. It's wasting money & putting extra strain on one of the stalls. Not cool.

37. seanwhite

seanwhite Initiate (0) Jan 31, 2008 Massachusetts

Does anyone understand why someone would lock the porta-potties from the outisde? I don't even fathom that.

timotao likes this.
  38. slengteng

I am confused by this as well. Not only the why, but also the how. There is an outside lock?

39. Shaymus

Shaymus Disciple (359) May 16, 2009 Massachusetts

So are they locking the pooper inside?!....kinda a sh!^%y thing to do

timotao likes this.
  40. mschofield

mschofield Meyvn (1,406) Oct 16, 2002 Massachusetts

Are they bringing their own padlock? Why. How would that even occur in someone's mind, hey I'm gonna go lock a couple porta-pottys today. Do brewers need to add that to the list of things to worry about? Make sure the malt order is placed, pay the taxes, go check to see if some dbag locked the porta-pottys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.