Tree House Brewing Company (February 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NiceBeerCans

NiceBeerCans Aspirant (236) Mar 16, 2013 New York
    Beer Trader

New brewery location is now open.

Hours: Tuesday 4-8p Draft Pints ONLY, Wednesday 12-8p Cans ONLY, Thursday & Friday 2-8p Cans ONLY, Saturday 11-6:30p Cans + Pints

OUR MONSON BREWERY IS TEMPORARILY CLOSED. PLEASE VISIT US AT 129 STURBRIDGE ROAD, CHARLTON.

Important links:

http://treehousebrew.com/on-tap/ also lists food truck and music for the upcoming day

http://treehousebrew.com/faq/

FOLLOW @treehousebrewco on Twitter for real time updates

@DigitalNate has been known to make occasional comments when speculation is not correct on this monthly thread.

Cans:

This week's canning schedule, not guaranteed:

+ Tuesday

+ Wednesday

+ Thursday

+ Friday

We are packaging into cans on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday this week. Cans become available the day they are packaged, with the exception of the Tuesday canning run, which is available on Wednesday when we are open. Thanks!

Pints:

As we settle into our new brewery, the availability of pints will be sporadic (except for Tuesday and Saturday) and dependent on the crowd. If we are too busy it is not possible to maintain an enjoyable and efficient experience for takeaway beer and serve pints at the same time. Stay tuned to Twitter to learn if and when pours are available.

Growlers:

While we transition to the new brewery, growler fills are temporary on hold. Fear not - they will be back. They are a huge part of what makes us Tree House.

New Glass 750 ML - $5 | 2L - $6

Parking:

REGARDING PARKING ON VERY BUSY DAYS, PLEASE HEED THE GUIDANCE OF OUR PARKING STAFF. ALSO, USE EXTREME CAUTION WHEN ENTERING AND EXITING THE PROPERTY. THANK YOU!

Line:

There is just one line, the can line! You may order growlers (not available at this time) from the can line, when they become available at the new brewery. Our staff will assist you by handing out and collecting order cards for growlers while you wait for cans.

ABSOLUTELY no drinking in the line or on the outside grounds!

If you have to smoke, please step out far enough from the line so other people don't have to inhale your smoke. Thank you.

We make every effort to keep limits the same, and this is indeed the case 95% of the time. On rare occasions when we believe it will be beneficial to visitors, we will lower limits to spread the love around a bit.

ALL LIMITS POSTED ARE PER PERSON, PER DAY. No SECOND TRIPS THROUGH THE LINE during the same day even if they add new cans later in the day.

ALL WHO PURCHASE BEER AT TREE HOUSE MUST PRESENT A VALID AND CURRENT PHOTO ID, NO EXCEPTIONS.

BYOB:

The beer you purchase at Tree House can be enjoyed at Westview Creamery on East Hill Road, and at BT's Smokehouse in Sturbridge.

Nearby Bottle Shop:

Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge, is the closest. It's close to BT's Smokehouse.

submitted by @YS1977 (Yankee Spirits)

@yankeestur

Historical information on can/bottle releases:

Awesome Tree House can release spreadsheet done by @BeerTraveler33.

In his own words:

Feel free to remind me, @BeerTraveler33, to update this as I usually only update the file on my work PC and I forget to update the google doc.

He asks if anybody has any suggestions for his spreadsheet to write to him.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zWyBt7I2feobTsX5GcZvm91pn3fxuxEu-cI8oodXBi8/edit?usp=sharing

This is the spreadsheet that you seen cropped, cut, and pasted on posts. Full credit should be given to @BeerTraveler33 for creating and maintaining it.

Another spreadsheet link is below and was created (and maintained) by @BEEPOP. Great job too.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-BlKGBaVvEYkuy24bo98xDuSw/edit#gid=2141123523

Family history
    (thanks to @jomobono)

Julius, IPA
    • JJJuliusss, IPA. Additional hops in the kettle and dry hopping
    • King Julius, DIPA. The Imperial Version of Julius
    • King JJJuliusss DIPA. The Imperial Version of JJJuliusss
    Alter Ego, IPA The same base beer as Julius but dry hopped with mosaic and amarillo
    • Doppelganger, DIPA. The Imperial version of Alter Ego
    • Doubleganger, DIPA. Additional hops in the kettle and dry hopping of Doppelganger
    Sap, IPA
    • Sssappp, IPA. Version of Sap that utilizes larger kettle and dry hop additions
    • Super Sap, DIPA. The Imperial version of Sap

Dogs / Kids:

Children, dogs and families are always welcome at Tree House

Good Morning:

This has come up several times in past months. According to @DigitalNate, Good Morning has not been retired.

However all beers, including Good Morning, on this BA site that are listed as "limited" or in this case "rotating" and have not been released again eventually gets moved to the "archived" list, if not re-released over a period of time (forgot how long). It has nothing to do with whether or not it will actually be brewed again despite the red "This beer is retired; no longer brewed." which is added automatically by the site. This line sometimes confuses people but disappears when the beer is moved back to the "current" list.

Shuttle bus:

If you find yourself parked in the lower lot, we now provide shuttle service that runs thru every 5 minutes or so...now you don't have to exercise to get up that hill (although some of us could use the workout). :stuck_out_tongue:

Besides, it's way too cold and hard to carry your boxes down the hill in the winter. A welcome addition to the brewery. :slight_smile:

Finally:

Please do not take the glasses home that the brewery uses for its pint pours. The price you pay does NOT include the glass purchase! @DigitalNate wrote the following online:

#1 NiceBeerCans, Feb 1, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2018
  2. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (164) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

3. BEEPOP

BEEPOP Initiate (175) Sep 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Assuming small lines and usual pours around dinner time ... Enjoy getting your pour of Moment @ 5:30 you animals.

OnlyTheFinest likes this.
  4. ratwheels

ratwheels Initiate (193) Jan 12, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

So last Friday was 12 P&P, 24 AE, 24 Green, and 12 Julius. This Friday will be 24 LO, 4-6ish Bbbrighttt, and whatever drops tomorrow. It's kind of hilarious.

5. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (249) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire
    Beer Trader

I see what you did there Mr. 1,000 miles away :wink:

ratwheels likes this.
  6. ratwheels

ratwheels Initiate (193) Jan 12, 2011 Illinois
    Beer Trader

:stuck_out_tongue: I come often enough that I'm legitimately not complaining, but come on, the difference IS kind of funny.

7. Jbrews

Beer Trader

I got the humor and thought it was funny, no complaints

ratwheels likes this.
  8. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (148) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

I'd like to try this BBBright. I'm becoming a mosaic convert after really not liking it for a while. I've had good luck with it recently with Born Yesterday, Dinner, and Birds of a Feather.

This would be my 2nd week in a row. I can feel the stubble coming in.

9. mumbles44

mumbles44 Aspirant (222) Jan 22, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

juice machine tomorrow

10. Rysk22

Rysk22 Aspirant (238) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Seems credible.

11. BEEPOP

Beer Trader

#fakenews

BergBeer and Lorianneb like this.
  12. mumbles44

Beer Trader

don't forget me after this weekend....

TheNinthLetter likes this.
  13. swatner

swatner Initiate (122) Dec 6, 2016 New Jersey
    Beer Trader

14. TheNinthLetter

TheNinthLetter Initiate (148) Apr 16, 2017 New York
    Beer Trader

15. TheNinthLetter

TheNinthLetter Initiate (148) Apr 16, 2017 New York
    Beer Trader

Dammitt!!

swatner likes this.
  16. JimmyCandles

JimmyCandles Initiate (13) Nov 20, 2017 Massachusetts

Well if anyone had even a small doubt that tomorrow wouldn’t be a madhouse!

17. cmoney13

2 case limit of eurrrrreeekkkkkka

OnlyTheFinest and ratwheels like this.
  18. BEEPOP

Beer Trader

I forget about most things in NJ.

19. mumbles44

Beer Trader

witty...never heard a Jersey joke before
    i'll take your jm from this weekend, seems like you aren't interested in it anyway

20. BEEPOP

Beer Trader

Cool. Never heard a prediction on a TH beer before.

cdilisio, ratwheels and Rysk22 like this.
  21. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (165) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

Looks like Dopp sold out. Lights on and BBBright one of the weaker Thursday offerings we've had in a while.

JoeK89 likes this.
  22. bootdown21

bootdown21 Devotee (429) May 14, 2009 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

i'll take your Lights on and BBBright from this weekend, seems like you aren't interested in it anyway

jtodeasa likes this.
  23. JimmyCandles

So begins the speculation of what “a lot” of new beer tomorrow means. I wonder what the most amount of different beers they’ve produced for one day has been.

There will most likely be 2 varietals, it would be awesome to walk away with 5 different types of cans tomorrow

Also can we PLEASE get a stout tomorrow, that would be great.

swatner likes this.
  24. Jbrews

Beer Trader

6 rings, 6 beers

But who the hell knows.

25. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Aspirant (251) Feb 5, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Wtf kind of comment is this? These two beers are phenomenal.

When did Lights On get put on the shitlist?

swatner likes this.
  26. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (112) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

Total agreement here. Remember a year ago when you went to Tree House, walked out with 10 cans total split between three different beers and were thrilled?

27. lbower860

Man people are sensitive. I'm not a hater at all, I just feel like 2 cans is the least we've had recently on a Thursday. I like Lights On just fine....

JoeK89 and Jbrews like this.
  28. JimmyCandles

I think he was complaining about the variety, not the individual beers but who knows.

I’ve never had Lights On before. How does it compare to Tornado? Which for me was one of the weaker TH beers I’ve had. It wasn’t bad at all just a little more bitter and chewy than I expected.

lbower860 likes this.
  29. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Aspirant (251) Feb 5, 2016 Massachusetts
    Beer Trader

*laughter ensues*

30. BEEPOP

Beer Trader

Well. I was 1hr and 20mins off. Pours on. Very Green & Moment. Enjoy!

31. cmoney13

That's the reason Tornado rules.

It's been a long time since I've had LO, but my recollection is it's more "treehouse-y" than tornado. Low bitterness, soft, solid mouthfeel though a little lighter due to the lower abv.

Capt_Quint likes this.
  32. icfpny

icfpny Aspirant (219) Apr 3, 2015 New York
    Beer Trader

House yeast pale ale. Amazing beer.

33. lbower860

You’re a freak

34. JLK7299

JLK7299 Savant (928) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Premium Member Beer Trader

Forgot it was a new month!

35. KingDoubleganger

KingDoubleganger Initiate (105) Feb 1, 2018 Massachusetts

Anyone think that something rare is going to be canned tomorrow? EBF and Super Bowl this weekend ...

36. oldbean

oldbean Aspirant (254) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

No.

von_kaiser and Nbrock24 like this.
  37. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Meyvn (1,479) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Lights On is great. I hope Nate has more pale ales up his sleeve.

The TH yeast with a light hop profile is absurdly drinkable. That's the perfect beer for a busy SB weekend. But you know, whalez.

Capt_Quint likes this.
  38. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Meyvn (1,479) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Also, Bbbrighttt is one of the best mosaic IPA's I've ever had. OG Bright is great, but the nose and flavor are very "restrained", for lack of a better term.

Bbbrighttt takes the kid gloves off and smacks you in the face with its big, mosaic dong.

hazymcjooceface and Jbrews like this.
  39. JimmyCandles

I'm surprised no one has noted what color cans are sitting out for tomorrow's offering.

40. agreenman19

agreenman19 Meyvn (1,166) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Beer Trader

Alright alright alright let's try to keep the discussion away from kids and dongs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.