Tree House Brewing Company (February 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (149) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

IGaveYouPower likes this.
  2. Sweatshirt

Sweatshirt Disciple (307) Jan 27, 2014 New Hampshire
    Trader

Please point me to the posts you make in the TH threads that don't serve the singular function of complaining and insulting the other posts in the TH threads. You are as much a part of the problem as the people you incessantly complain about month after month .

esgilberg and JayKoz like this.
  3. colby600

colby600 Devotee (459) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Premium Trader

I was just about to comment on how enjoyable this thread has been in the last couple hours. Nevermind

4. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (121) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

That is the next big step (Bars not growlers). With how much beer they've been making lately and the new tanks, I don't think something like this is too far off. I hope getting beer to select bars in New England is not too far away, and comes before the return of growlers or package store distro. I fantasize about being able to get fresh Green or Julius on draft in CT.

HeavyDandtheGirls and maryellen like this.
  5. jtodeasa

jtodeasa Initiate (100) Nov 11, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

I have heard from those in the know that keg distribution is in the plans for bars in New England. (Armsby first, of course.)

6. Wiffler27

Wiffler27 Meyvn (1,248) Aug 16, 2009 New Jersey
    Premium

I'll go straight to the point. In general, how realistic is it for Tree House to still have cans available on Saturday? I'm visiting a buddy of mine in CT and we're gonna hit TH on Saturday. I really want cans to bring home. I can swing by the brewery early Friday afternoon and barely lose time on my trip to his place.

Are cans more easily available Friday or Saturday?

7. randytrevor

randytrevor Initiate (54) Nov 11, 2014 Massachusetts

Either day should be easy peasy unless something crazy is released. There will likely be more variety on Friday but they didnt sell out on Sat and there was enough beer leftover to have a case of Julius and a mixed case of old man/bright SA for Wednesday.

Wiffler27 likes this.
  8. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Oh. Oh yes. Talk draught to me baby.
    Salty Pig with a pint of Julius would simply be lovely.

HeavyDandtheGirls and woodfinish like this.
  9. robo55

robo55 Initiate (42) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts

Why no case counts on the beer available for tomorrow?

Jbrews likes this.
  10. Hop-Bomb

Hop-Bomb Initiate (55) Jan 11, 2016 Massachusetts

I would say cans more available on a Friday. More likelihood of something new canned on Friday.

Wiffler27 and CADMixes like this.
  11. pbrian

pbrian Zealot (589) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

And/or Haze. I'm just really digging on this last batch of it... But let's be serious, it ain't coming here until they slowly roll it out in MA at select joints. It'll be awhile.

12. PenningtonNY10

PenningtonNY10 Initiate (143) Nov 20, 2009 Connecticut

Imagine the crowd of that first CT bar with Tree House on tap. Oh my god. That's a shit show right there!

Shyla987 likes this.
  13. Sheppard

Sheppard Champion (846) Mar 16, 2013 District of Columbia

This seems a little aggressive as far as expectations. I'd imagine that it'll be 2-3 more runs of that size tops. I don't think Tree House is turning stuff around that quickly, plus I imagine part of it is creating some flexibility in the brew schedule to experiment and brew longer turnaround beers.

Does anyone know if TH uses Brites? I assume it depends on the beer...
    This would be great. Especially if there was more certainty that certain beers (I'm talking core here) were available.

14. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Disciple (335) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts

I long for the day I won't have to check a Facebook group dedicated to just *line updates* before making a trip to Tree House.

15. pbrian

Remember too that their capacity is limited to the amount of beer they can brew in a day, so if there wasn't a corresponding increase or addition to their brewhouse, I don't know how they're going to fill those tanks as fast as we think they can. But then again, I guess they wouldn't have bought them if they can't fill them!

Along those lines, I'd like to see what their typical brew schedule looks like in a week. I bet if we saw it, we'd fully realize just how fucking hard these guys work.

16. beardfacejesus

beardfacejesus Initiate (99) Apr 30, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Based off the tweets from Saturday, I'd expect about 200 cases of Julius, and probably 100 or so of Old Man & Bright.

robo55 likes this.
  17. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

It's trended towards that day recently; seems like all the accounts of folks going to TH are talking about how short the line was, how mellow, etc. Seems like unless it's a major holiday or a crazy release, the TH experience is rounding into what we all hoped it would be when Charlton was announced.

maryellen, BRYeleJR and lovindahops like this.
  18. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (121) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

I actually don't think it would be that crazy. Cans are what bring out the crowds. Tree house has had draft lineups with Very Green, HOTS, Double Shot and other shit on at once and its no crazier than other draft days. Imagine if they had all that for takeaway.... That's the great thing about draft. you can taste the beer, but not have to deal with the madness of can hoarders..

avas likes this.
  19. wasatchback

wasatchback Aspirant (249) Jan 12, 2014 Utah

Brewing more hours of the day... I believe a lot of places of similar size are brewing 24/7 most days.

pbrian likes this.
  20. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (267) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

You barely need to now, that page is just hype in itself. I guarantee you 80+% of them are NOT going that day, just post to see the shit show and see people get banned(as lame as that is) You can very easily work around the lines or just watch TH twitter. That page will probably be obsolete in a few months.

jaysker95 and BRYeleJR like this.
  21. BRYeleJR

BRYeleJR Disciple (335) May 18, 2013 Massachusetts

You're so right. Usually for a noon opening (or even a 2 p.m.), sweet spot is often between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m. if you're able to make that work. Or if not, an hour before close. Often no line at those times and pours probably rocking (particularly an hour before close).

Jbrews likes this.
  22. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (87) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

23. Shyla987

Shyla987 Initiate (83) Jul 18, 2013 Connecticut

You don't think it would be crazy when TH goes on draft at a bar/restaurant? Sorry to be blunt, but that is...crazy talk. In the past month alone I've been at a bars in CT where people have asked for it. "Why can't you get Tree House here?" They're people who know the name, have heard great things, but are not die-hard beer people (like those of us that post here). I got talking to a couple of guys and told them they had to visit the brewery to get the beer. Their reply: "Nah, I'd like to try it, but I'd never go that far for beer." Trading? "What? People send beer thru the mail!!??" etc.

There's an entire universe of people out there who would never visit the brewery or join FB Beer Line groups, or visit BA, but they've heard of TH and want to try it. When/if TH ever went on tap in CT, it would be insane.

cskillage and esgilberg like this.
  24. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Julius being released on a weekly basis would be a very good move... if that's what today implies. The flagship beer basically available at all times - a la Heady (or Focal) at Alchemist - would help make a TH trip more predictable and plannable.

Sheppard and JoeK89 like this.
  25. JimmyCandles

JimmyCandles Initiate (23) Nov 20, 2017 Massachusetts

Agreed, all the more baffling that Jjjulius or King J haven’t been released in forever.

nicktown likes this.
  26. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

I'd rather see them focus on getting the core beers regularly available than tossing whalez out, but I like most of the base beers better than their uber-hopped or double variants anyways. I enjoy Green more than Very Green, Alter more than Doppel and Julius more than King J. Never had JJJ.

TBH, the only TH "whale" I've ever had that I thought was superior to their core beers was Juice Machine.

27. JimmyCandles

Fair enough, never tried any “whale” except for Super Sap (which sucked and Sap is wayyyyyyy better).

28. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (4,735) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Trader

I loved Super Sap, much more than VG and JM. Only other one of the extremes I've had is Doubleganger, which is my favorite.

29. beardfacejesus

beardfacejesus Initiate (99) Apr 30, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Leave now. :wink:

chriiius likes this.
  30. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Don't make me wear the cone of shame plz... or if you do, at least seal it at the bottom and fill it with Julius.

31. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

I've never had Double or Super Sap, so I withhold judgment on them, but Sap is fan freaking tastic. I'd be concerned Super Sap would throw the balance out of whack.

32. JimmyCandles

Yup that’s exactly what happened. It was the first TH beer i ever had that tasted boozy and I didn’t get any of the pine or grapefruit complexity from regular Sap. But hey Sabtos if you enjoyed it that’s awesome, would’ve loved to have tried VG.

33. JLK7299

JLK7299 Champion (825) Apr 21, 2016 Connecticut
    Premium Trader

no cones but your next 10 posts all have to end with "Pigman Out"

34. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Just you wait, someday that will be printed on the bottom of a canning run and we'll all finally know the terrible truth that Dean is trolling the hell out of us.

35. pbrian

FTFY

jtodeasa likes this.
  36. errantnight

errantnight Savant (961) Jul 7, 2005 Iowa
    Trader

I mean... because it takes hours to brew a beer but days/weeks to ferment/condition/dry hop?

37. pbrian

Gotchya, I guess I overestimated the importance of the size of the brewhouse. So size doesn't matter, who knew? :wink:

errantnight likes this.
  38. bryantc3

bryantc3 Initiate (131) Apr 12, 2017 New Jersey

i think a blogpost from 2016 mentioned 50bbl. a couple of brews to fill those 240bbl tanks, for sure.

39. meb3476

meb3476 Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2013 Massachusetts

JESUS CHRIST! I've heard everything now. People complained that the limits were too low. Now people are complaining they're too high. I weep for the future!!!

40. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

We're past that now. We're talking about how exciting it is that their production is increasing so rapidly and all of our "Charlton next Canton" dreams are coming true.

Do you find the "Very" or "King" whales to be better than, worse than or about on par with the core offerings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.