Tree House Brewing Company (February 2018)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Feb 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loumanchew

Loumanchew Initiate (32) Jan 13, 2018 Massachusetts

I believe you are most likely to get a pour on Wednesdays and Thursdays starting within a couple hours of opening as that is what they started doing last week. Fridays are virtually a no-go for pours as that is easily their busiest day of the week from open to close

2. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (543) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

There's always a chance, but no one on here could tell you the probability

3. fiskey23

fiskey23 Initiate (0) Aug 23, 2016 Massachusetts

The fact that the On-Tap page was updated to "Packaging into cans on Thursday and Friday" leads me to believe there wont be a late add today, but you never know!

4. Schuee

Schuee Initiate (94) May 26, 2017 Connecticut

Given the nice weather today and TH have opened the upper portion of the patio, i would guess that TH wants a nice relaxed pint/pour atmosphere tonight as opposed to another canning. But again who knows.

5. j44thor

j44thor Initiate (155) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Any line updates today? Not seeing anything on Twitter.

6. fiskey23

Sounds like a pretty mellow day, looks like there was legit no line as of about 45 min ago

7. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts

Done canning. But bottles on the other hand.....

8. raenge

raenge Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2016 Rhode Island

I don’t get a chance to go too often but today was super chill. No line for pours or cans. Must be the drop off in quality.

Rysk22 and Esch30 like this.
  9. fiskey23

Calling the surprise 5:30pm Wed double shot release? You have to pick the coffee too or it doesn't count...

10. raenge

raenge Initiate (0) Dec 31, 2016 Rhode Island

And the guy next to me in the parking lot leaving with a road soda in a pint glass.

And he also banged a U in Zorbas to complete things.

11. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Get the plates, call the cops.

12. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis Initiate (0) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts

Sanka

bla211 likes this.
  13. Cmike1992

Cmike1992 Initiate (0) Apr 26, 2017 New Hampshire

You dead mon?

Hazentinus, BigWily15 and Esch30 like this.
  14. BababooeyHTJ

BababooeyHTJ Initiate (0) Mar 3, 2016 Connecticut

Crazy to think that just a year ago a mixed 12 pack of dopple and green would have resulted in a line all day.

tmbgnicu and Nbrock24 like this.
  15. Jmclowell

Jmclowell Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2018 Massachusetts

In a stolen pint glass?

sulldaddy and jlordi12 like this.
  16. Jmclowell

Jmclowell Initiate (0) Jan 27, 2018 Massachusetts

Chock full of nuts

17. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (293) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

totally-I would have hit the road for that; in fact, I did, several bloody times! Even though I have complained about some consistency issues, especially with haze, it is incredible that we can buy almost as much beer as any one of us could want. Sure, I want to all the special beers, but Green is still definitely worth making the drive! Best Galaxy focused beer I have ever had. Can't wait to have in on draft on restaurants across Massachusetts.

jlordi12 likes this.
  18. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (3,149) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire
    Society

Yeah but a year ago the rarity still tasted pretty good. Now Green is basically a shelf turd.

19. Kingofprussia17

Kingofprussia17 Initiate (0) Jun 12, 2014 Massachusetts

Today was the first time I've been able to walk up with zero line (got there around 1:15 pm), forget about being able to grab 2 cases of a couple of their best beers imo, its a great time in Charlton. the bonus was the pour of 'a moment of clarity', what an awesome beer. People were definitely enjoying this spring like weather. Great day to visit!

jlordi12 likes this.
  20. j44thor

j44thor Initiate (155) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Can confirm still zero line at 4:45, pretty sweet

21. ScaryEd

Society

This batch of Doppel is fantastic. There's barely any toothpaste and OJ!

Sheppard likes this.
  22. thedaveofbeer

thedaveofbeer Aspirant (293) Mar 25, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

so all honeydew?

ScaryEd likes this.
  23. ScaryEd

Society

All honeydew with a hint of grape. Barely any rarity.

thedaveofbeer likes this.
  24. ackwaves

ackwaves Initiate (0) Oct 27, 2017 Massachusetts

Just polished off the last of my C44. Solid from top to bottom and even better several weeks in.

Speaking of which, have to feel we're ready for C45 this week.

25. Skwalk47

Skwalk47 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2010 Massachusetts

What time are they *actually* opening up on Thursdays these days?

26. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2015 Canada (QC)

Hey guys, first visit on Friday (from Canada). How long should I expect to wait at open? Thanks :slight_smile:

27. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (543) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

Not much earlier than their posted opening hours, so just show up a little before 2pm, the line shouldn’t be all that bad and you’ll 100% get everything available

Jerk_Store likes this.
  28. Jerk_Store

Jerk_Store Initiate (0) Feb 13, 2015 Canada (QC)

29. Jam23

Jam23 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2016 Massachusetts

The only reason to get there at opening or slightly early is if you have to be somewhere after and want to get out of there ASAP. Or if they have low supply of the previous days beer and you really want it. Otherwise the beer will last the day and the line will be very small offer the opening rush.

30. Skwalk47

Skwalk47 Initiate (0) Aug 31, 2010 Massachusetts

Yea, just trying to get back to Boston before traffic builds.

Jam23 likes this.
  31. ScaryEd

Society

Drinking a Sap from 12/19. So freaking good.

One thing that will always withstand the arguments of batch variation, parking, grapes, lines, etc... is Tree House beer holds up remarkably well. I'm still working on a batch of Green from 12/12 and it's also delicious.

Don't think I've ever had a Tree House beer that had "fallen off". There's certainly a difference between 1-2 days and 2 months, but it's hardly significant IMO. Lots of people prefer their beer fresh, but you can't say it goes completely bad after a few months.

Which reminds me, I drank a 6 month old Tornado in 2016 that was still good.

JLK7299 likes this.
  32. tmbgnicu

tmbgnicu Zealot (507) Mar 15, 2014 Pennsylvania
    Trader

Yesterday's Green is the best I've ever had this young. Drank 3 of them last night!

JLK7299 likes this.
  33. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

Case each of Sap, Doppel and Green today.

34. ScaryEd

Society

But...Charlton.......

cskillage and tmbgnicu like this.
  35. Pigman420

Pigman420 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Connecticut

Well I guess the argument is over regarding consistency because tree house openly advertised on Twitter with the canning announcements of both green and sap that they are "refined" batch to batch , so that's settled.

That being said i am glad they are finally calling a spade a spade and i really dont mind this approach of constant "refinement" as long as they are open about it.

The funny part to me is the double standard amongst this community, where many breweries have gotten ripped for this approach, tree house will be celebrated for being innovative etc .

Oh well. Just my .02$

Pigman IN.

Eddiehop likes this.
  36. biafra809

biafra809 Initiate (39) Sep 16, 2015 California

I was there last Friday, close to open. About 150 people in line, took about an hour. Keep in mind this was a holiday weekend, the weather was good, and there were five offerings that day. I think the Friday before, there were 70 people in line at open (per TH's twitter).

Jerk_Store likes this.
  37. TheOneTC

TheOneTC Initiate (174) Aug 23, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Just curious, which breweries have been criticized for refining or changing recipes? Batch inconsistencies, sure. But getting ripped for openly making adjustments?

tmbgnicu likes this.
  38. purephase

purephase Initiate (171) Feb 23, 2008 Connecticut
    Trader

I don't think the use of one word entails nearly as much as what you're concluding here.

icfpny, fiskey23 and TheOneTC like this.
  39. Jam23

Jam23 Initiate (0) Oct 21, 2016 Massachusetts

I usually end up in the same boat as you. I end up getting out of work early on a Friday and make the trip out. That puts me in the large crowd right at open, but it was still manageable. I haven’t been since since just before thanksgiving to get cans, which was pre 2400 case batches. Today seems like a nice core haul for you. I would love to get out of work and get a mixed case today, or just a case of green!!

40. Pigman420

Pigman420 Initiate (0) Jan 19, 2010 Connecticut

Lord hobo off the top of my head, and yes I'm aware they have many other issues. But i did see them being openly ripped for releasing beers that were "not ready" and changing the recipe after initial release. Now i do realize this is not the exact same scenario..but the principle is the same I think. I have seen it in other threads as well, not that i care enough to go back and search them all ...but, generally, when it comes to any other brewery besides tree house, and rightfully so, batch to batch variation is generally viewed as a sign of inconsistency, a bad thing..

Again, I don't really care as long as we are being open and honest about it. I do think maybe we need to lay off on the criticism of those who claim to be experiencing batch to batch variation , because now even tree house themselves are stating it In the release that it's a real thing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.