Tree House Brewing Company (January 2017)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Jan 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jbrews

Jbrews Aspirant (286) Aug 6, 2013 New Hampshire

Not whale.

People in line for 5 hours when there is no line blows my mind.

2. DrugsDelaney

DrugsDelaney Initiate (42) Feb 15, 2016 Massachusetts

How could they be in line if there is no line?

3. lbower860

lbower860 Initiate (151) Jun 28, 2011 Connecticut

There is a definitely a "Tree House taste" that I find is present in all of the core IPAs. To me its sort of a cantaloupe type flavor, more mellony than citrusy.

Jonathan-Dixon, jamvt and meefmoff like this.
  4. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (1,922) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Peach? I find that bright, soft, mellow flavor is a mixture of peach and melon.

5. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (120) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

You just blew my mind....

cappy201 likes this.
  6. bla211

bla211 Initiate (119) Mar 17, 2015 Colorado

They have magic yeast and secret water treatment

Sheppard and skleice like this.
  7. Jbrews

Well if the coolers are the only thing there, then technically its their avatar in line right/

8. Jbrews

Yup, this is dead on. I had recently gone to the Green/Julius release in September. I had not had fresh TH in quite some time. When I cracked the first can I was actually kind of put off by that funky, yeasty, melon flavor. It is VERY specific to TH and I don't think any other brewery does it like that. Its part of the reason people go nuts for it...BUT. I would say that a lot of people don't necessarily love it but the fact that its different makes people THINK they must love it and it's so rare.

That house unique flavor is the exact same thing you find in Alchemist beers too. They have the unique Pineapple/Grapefruit flavor in Heady and Focal that is unlike any other beer I've had. I personally feel its what still sets the Alchemist apart from other breweries to this day.

I love Bissell, Trillium, Foundation, MBC and other IPA craft breweries but to me many of those super juicy IPA all have similar flavors and that almost hop burn flavor going on. I love it, but they tend to be very similar.

jamvt likes this.
  9. Sabtos

Sabtos Poo-Bah (8,375) Dec 15, 2015 Ohio
    Society Trader

Do not try and bend the line, that's impossible. Instead, only try to realize the truth...

jwwhitney and LukieBL like this.
  10. CADMixes

CADMixes Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Massachusetts
    Deactivated

So today's suggestion of parking at the creamery and walking a half mile on a dark, snowy stretch of E. Hill Road with a bunch of maniacs from Connecticut driving around was.....not ideal.

slengteng and Rysk22 like this.
  11. Fitzy2

Fitzy2 Initiate (0) Feb 2, 2015 Connecticut

did the employees suggest you park there? i noticed people walking from that direction as i was leaving.

12. viper11tg

viper11tg Initiate (108) Aug 13, 2015 California
    Trader

That there is no line?

Sabtos likes this.
  13. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (92) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

Yes, they were directing people there, and there was a Tree House Parking attendant at the lot. Not sure why but they weren't using the third lot in the field that they used to use.

14. Emmige1

Emmige1 Initiate (0) Dec 1, 2014 New York

Uhhh it was covered in snow?

cskillage likes this.
  15. slengteng

slengteng Initiate (92) Apr 9, 2014 Massachusetts

I figured with the parking issues it would take more snow than an inch or so to shut it down. Maybe there was more snow than I realized out there.

16. Eze23

Eze23 Initiate (38) Jan 7, 2017 Massachusetts

Yea - as I was driving out of the lot today, I was a bit nervous for the people walking on the tight, slippery road with two-way traffic. Good thing noone got hurt!

17. skleice

skleice Aspirant (287) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Transition bottle today

18. lovindahops

lovindahops Meyvn (1,020) Mar 26, 2010 New York

Offering pours today? Is this a first in a long time?

19. Nbrock24

Nbrock24 Devotee (417) Mar 11, 2016 Illinois
    Trader

They worded it funny with "starting today"

lovindahops likes this.
  20. kuntmissioner

kuntmissioner Initiate (38) Jan 29, 2016 Massachusetts

Parking attendants were waving anyone coming from the Brimfield Road direction into Westview's parking lot.

My brother and I arrived at the scene around 5ish. Parked at Westview, and walked the half mile to Tree House.

After waiting in line for 30mins or so, we were good to go and started walking back. Shout out to Brendan from Albany, who pulled over at the top of Tree House's driveway as he was leaving and offered us a lift. We had never met before, just a kind gesture from one ginger to another.

21. ransom22

ransom22 Aspirant (214) Feb 5, 2016 Uzbekistan
    Trader

Anyone see the 750ml bottle of Native 5?

22. beardfacejesus

beardfacejesus Initiate (102) Apr 30, 2016 Massachusetts
    Trader

Last time before today was the Saturday after Thankgiving.

23. Kingofprussia17

Kingofprussia17 Initiate (57) Jun 12, 2014 Massachusetts

Has it been mentioned that they changed their hours? Opening at 4 pm on Thurs/Fri now.

24. toastfacekillah

toastfacekillah Initiate (26) Sep 19, 2016 Vermont

I think it changed on their website yesterday for the afternoon post.

I assume this is just to get people moving out of the lots earlier if they're not using the big field

25. ChrisV784

ChrisV784 Initiate (54) Jun 1, 2016 Massachusetts

Or people will start getting there at 10AM now instead of 11AM. Haha!

Rysk22 likes this.
  26. Jbrews

Too add to a post earlier now that I've made my Hill Farmstead trip recently and had a few more again I find that house yeast flavor to be somewhat similar to the prominent flavor in TH beers. I can definitely see the comparison people make now. Its really is growing on me. I can see why people tend to favor it.

27. GabrielEVH

GabrielEVH Initiate (144) Mar 24, 2016 Massachusetts

Good info. I'll need to make a trip out there so I can do my own comparison. The Hills Farmstead I've had at Armsby Abby have all been excellent. Once TH opens up Charlton, I hope I'll be able to enjoy a flight of TH, Trillium, and Hills Farmstead there (maybe even bring a blindfold?). Oh man, just thinking about it...

28. agreenman19

Society Trader

Ugh, this will only encourage people to show up earlier...

Although the hours don't really mean anything these days, which I guess is fortunate, because longer hours mean less chance of beer toward the end of the night for the smart people that pop in and out with no line around 7pm. Hopefully nothing really changes.

HeyLady likes this.
  29. Jewrican23

Jewrican23 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts

King Julius hasn't been brewed since early September, it's got to becoming out any week now right? I honestly thought that's what they were releasing on Friday but was just as excited with the curiosity curve ball. Think we will see it January?

30. Myles048

Myles048 Initiate (57) Nov 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

I think they will, but this very discussion may dissuade them from brewing it...
    They pride themselves on being un-figure-out-able -- we should be try reverse psychology

31. Himself

Himself Initiate (177) May 20, 2014 Massachusetts

Following this thread for so long, sometimes it starts to sound like set list discussions on Shakedown St at a Dead show :slight_smile:

Noozle likes this.
  32. JonnyJuicebox

JonnyJuicebox Initiate (155) Jun 3, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Good morning would be Dark Star right around 1985. Will it ever be played again?

Wednesdays where there's Green>Julius are China Cat > Rider.

33. agreenman19

Society Trader

I think they will brew the following next week:

There. Now Nate can brew whatever he wants without having to worry about keeping us guessing, because I know that keeps him up at night.

Rysk22 and bla211 like this.
  34. AC-Wagner

AC-Wagner Initiate (45) Dec 5, 2015 Connecticut

I will not predict what they will brew this week, but my goodness I am glad they brewed Super Sap last month.......

JLK7299 likes this.
  35. Jbrews

He didn't care before

36. BeerTraveler33

BeerTraveler33 Initiate (51) Jan 25, 2015 Pennsylvania

Tomorrow will be Bright with Citra 5 pp. first time they are doing this. Queue up now

skleice likes this.
  37. BeerTraveler33

BeerTraveler33 Initiate (51) Jan 25, 2015 Pennsylvania

Hah, he still brewed a new variant. I guess he didn't see your post

Jewrican23 likes this.
  38. Jewrican23

Jewrican23 Initiate (0) Oct 29, 2015 Massachusetts

Or he did see his post and wanted to prove us all wrong! Nate loves throwing us delicious curve balls. Can't wait for some Bright w/Citra!!

39. bla211

bla211 Initiate (119) Mar 17, 2015 Colorado

Nate must have the power of foresight and he saw this conversation weeks ago when Bright w/ Citra was brewed

Fitzy2, agreenman19, skleice and 2 others like this.
  40. ChrisV784

ChrisV784 Initiate (54) Jun 1, 2016 Massachusetts

I took a couple hours of PTO to head up on my lunch break. Glad I did already!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.