1. Introducing the Respect Beer® Society. Upgrading your account to a Society membership entitles you to more than a dozen awesome perks, from discounts, to ad-free browsing, extended users stats, and much more. Join today.
  2. BEER FEST ALERT: Don't miss FUNK Boston: A Wild & Sour Beer Fest on June 14-15!

Tree House Brewing Company (January 2018)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Jan 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joeneugs

joeneugs Initiate (107) Aug 28, 2008 California

Going to Tree House for my first time tomorrow. When they say two pours per person, does that mean you can’t get back in line for more pours?

2. CADMixes

CADMixes Initiate (0) Feb 29, 2012 Massachusetts

Correct. Two pours for the day.

3. Trull

Trull Initiate (145) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

It means that each individual can have two pints.

4. TheMattJones88

TheMattJones88 Initiate (131) Sep 12, 2009 Massachusetts
    Trader

and the price does not include the glassware, just want to cover our bases.

oldbean, abagofit, SnugTeam6 and 4 others like this.
  5. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (100) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

Advice: get there early and get your case of cans.

6. joeneugs

Never heard of anything like that before. Weird. I kinda wish they had more available, but Alter Ego is one of my fav’s, so I shouldn’t complain. I’m super stoked to finally check them out. It’s possible I may be able to make it back next Friday. What time do people start lining up in a normal Friday?

7. joeneugs

I probably won’t me able to get there tomorrow until 10:30.

8. JayKoz

JayKoz Initiate (100) Jun 20, 2014 Connecticut

Don't worry about Fridays, pay attention to allotments on their website's "On Tap" page. If something is very low that you want, show up early. If not, show up later for a chance of cans + pours. I stress "a chance". Check into the thread here next week if you want advice.

10:30 should be fine.

9. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (85) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut

There's a facebook line update group where people are constantly posting on the days they're open. Looks like people started showing up in decent numbers starting at 11 and they opened just after 1. Guessing it was a bit busier than usual because of Pride and Purpose which they hadn't released in several months.

Next Friday will be crazy no matter what between EBF and the Super Bowl.

10. ScaryEd

ScaryEd Poo-Bah (1,734) Feb 19, 2012 New Hampshire

Yeah but tbf Green lasted through 3 full days at a case pp so people are running out of reasons to line up before opening.

Noozle likes this.
  11. JoeK89

JoeK89 Initiate (153) Mar 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Going to Tree House for first time this coming Thursday. Will make sure to report back to this thread with heavy criticisms of Nate's procedure based off one visit.

swatner, Sheppard, JLK7299 and 9 others like this.
  12. Dukies222001

Dukies222001 Initiate (90) Oct 21, 2016 New Hampshire

Also going to be in the area Friday for my first TH visit. Couple questions if someone wouldn't mind answering. Website says the doors open 2pm on Friday but reading around it sounds like that is flexible. Do they open before their advertised time if the lines are long enough? Also do you think a target time of 1pm is good enough to find myself in the first 200-300 people in line with all that's going on that weekend? Thanks in advance, I'm going to a concert in Worcester Thursday night and staying over. So I can adjust my arrival time fairly easy. Willing to wait in line for awhile if needs be. Just wondering if someone could give me what they think is a good arrival time for this Friday to try to score max amount of cans. Thanks again

13. jonathanost

jonathanost Initiate (70) Jun 7, 2012 Massachusetts

I don't think they open early unless the weather is bad (like the snow storm we had a few weeks ago) or when they post updated hours on the on tap page (like a couple of Fridays ago).

You should be fine. Might not get a spot in the upper lot, but that'll be the worst of it. You might even luck out since Extreme Beer Fest is this weekend and a bunch of people will probably be preoccupied.

I would usually get there around 12-12:30 on a Friday, but, like I said, 1 should be fine.

14. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (100) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

Stocking up this week for the SuperBowl will keep the place pretty busy this week, if I had to guess

jonathanost likes this.
  15. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (85) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut

They’ve opened early every Friday this month, and I’d be surprised if that streak didn’t go back quite awhile. They were open at 1 this past Friday fwiw. Would be shocked if they aren’t open by 1 this Friday.

Advising people that it might be lighter crowds because of EBF, especially when it’s the Friday before the Super Bowl, seems like a terrible idea.

BigStein88, ScottKramer and purephase like this.
  16. mcle

mcle Initiate (18) Dec 14, 2017 Massachusetts

There's a FB group (TreeHouseBrewCoLineUpdates) where you can see past posts of how early people get there and when they open. So last Friday (busier than usual since they dropped P&P) they opened at 1:02pm, but even around 10:39am there were about 15 people already waiting in the lower lot. If you have time to kill and want to definitely be in the upper lot, I'd recommend getting there before 11:45am. But then you'd end up waiting about 2 or so hours...

But of course if you wait until like 3pm you'd probably be able to walk in and out.

17. Trull

Trull Initiate (145) Dec 24, 2016 Massachusetts

I got to Treehouse this past Friday at 12:25, and there was still plenty of parking in the upper lot. Like someone posted, they opened just after 1:00, and I had cans in-hand less than 30 minutes later.

#1177 Trull, Jan 29, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2018
  18. BEEPOP

BEEPOP Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2015 Connecticut

Just a heads up to everyone ... it's Super Bowl week so enjoy the insane crowds. Last year was nucking futs on wait times.

CTHopman likes this.
  19. ackwaves

ackwaves Initiate (48) Oct 27, 2017 Massachusetts

This is why I'm surprised it was so mellow last week. Great selection of rotational beers and no lines - why wait until this week? Is it the whole shelf turd preoccupation?

20. CTHopman

CTHopman Initiate (124) Jul 22, 2016 Connecticut

Especially with the local flavor of the match up. This even includes Dirty Philthy fans! TH fans stretch long and far.

21. PeteKuncis

PeteKuncis Initiate (48) Dec 6, 2014 Massachusetts

Cuz this is EBF week which means whalez. Cans of Very Triple on Wed. Bottles of JJJJJurekaaaa on Thurs. Bright on Friday. And Very Old Man on Sat.

Me? I went last week and loaded up.

22. jtodeasa

jtodeasa Initiate (118) Nov 11, 2015 Connecticut
    Trader

ISO

23. errantnight

errantnight Savant (903) Jul 7, 2005 District of Columbia
    Trader

I mean, imagine it. A place that serves alcohol...open at 10pm...on a Saturday night. Won’t someone think of the children?!

LukieBL and Sabtos like this.
  24. JoeK89

JoeK89 Initiate (153) Mar 29, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Kinda wish I had gone last week. Unfortunately the lineup was every beer I've already had. And I've only had 5 different tree house beers total. Basically impossible for that to happen again. I'll endure the Hazebros and profiteers this week for some sexy suds.

25. cmoney13

cmoney13 Initiate (105) Sep 9, 2017 Massachusetts

and risk your $400 worth of beer turning black in the interim?!?

lbower860 and Nbrock24 like this.
  26. Cmike1992

Cmike1992 Initiate (59) Apr 26, 2017 New Hampshire
    Trader

People procrastinate

27. Dukies222001

Dukies222001 Initiate (90) Oct 21, 2016 New Hampshire

Thanks for the answers I guess I should plan on waiting in line for a bit Friday with the Super Bowl and EBF going on. Just hope to be able to get a full allotment as I don't make it down that way often.

28. HeavyDandtheGirls

HeavyDandtheGirls Aspirant (205) Mar 7, 2014 Massachusetts

At this point if you show up 1/2 hr before close on a Wed or Thur what are the chances of getting shut out?

29. spookyemperor

spookyemperor Initiate (0) Apr 1, 2017 Rhode Island

1%

Unless you're talking about super bowl week

30. OnlyTheFinest

OnlyTheFinest Aspirant (208) Feb 5, 2016 Maine
    Trader

I'm floored that we haven't seen Single Shot yet.

31. DanPing

DanPing Aspirant (232) May 30, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I’m floored that you still think your opinion matters

32. agreenman19

agreenman19 Meyvn (1,354) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

33. pbrian

pbrian Defender (637) Feb 8, 2001 Connecticut

Trolls don't sleep.

34. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (91) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

35. Cmike1992

Cmike1992 Initiate (59) Apr 26, 2017 New Hampshire
    Trader

And more

36. mlm61

mlm61 Initiate (91) Jun 16, 2016 Connecticut
    Trader

37. colby600

colby600 Zealot (505) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

38. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (318) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

BBB is an amped-up version of OG Bright w/Mosaic, yes?

39. colby600

colby600 Zealot (505) Mar 24, 2015 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

40. Piels25

Piels25 Initiate (182) Dec 17, 2013 Massachusetts
    Trader

Looks like Very Green on draft tonight according to the Twitter.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.