Tree House Brewing Company (July 2016)

Discussion in 'US - Northeast' started by NiceBeerCans, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonphisher

jonphisher Meyvn (1,331) Aug 9, 2015 New Jersey
    Society Trader

2 weeks is the sweet spot, for me at least, as you can see above we don't all feel the same way. Drink some now drink some later see how it changes and which you prefer.

BeerKarmaNYC likes this.
  2. LoganB

LoganB Initiate (0) Jun 10, 2016 Connecticut

I like them with about a week in the can, but it's so hard not drink them immediately haha

3. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Haze I drink fresh. Julius I give a couple days before I start. Green, a week or so. Just personal preference. Sometimes the latter two are just too much for me on day one and I find myself not enjoying them.

4. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Initiate (0) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts

I'm with you on Green in particular. A can of Green with a week to ten days on it is possibly my single favorite beer experience... or "beersperience" if you will.

Lupin likes this.
  5. DrugsDelaney

DrugsDelaney Initiate (0) Feb 15, 2016 Massachusetts

I will not.

6. bla211

bla211 Initiate (117) Mar 17, 2015 Colorado

I saved a can of Very Hazy for about a month and it was incredible. A totally different beer than fresh, it was a lot more balanced and peachy.

7. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

Oh, won't you? Not even for a Scooby Snack?

8. ReedRothcild82

ReedRothcild82 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Haven't been to Treehouse in a while and it looks like I'll be able to make it out there Saturday on my way to the Phish show. Have there generally been cans left over from Friday the last few weeks or is it just growlers. Either is fine, but if only growlers may just go a little later in the day instead of worrying about getting there right at open.

9. ShemRahBoo

ShemRahBoo Initiate (0) Jan 28, 2010 New Jersey

I'm wondering the same thing, some cans in the lot would be amazing.

ReedRothcild82 likes this.
  10. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

I'd say your likelihood of getting cans is relatively low, but you should know definitively tomorrow after they close. Depends in part on what they release today and tomorrow, too... certainly no Haze cans, probably no Thursday release cans. Your best bet is if they release a "regular" Tree House beer tomorrow, and they still have ten cases or so left over Saturday.

Growlers should be solid, though, for today's and tomorrow's releases. And it's quite possible they'll have bottles of Native One or something similar at 1pp when they open Saturday.

11. ReedRothcild82

ReedRothcild82 Initiate (0) Nov 14, 2013 Massachusetts

Awesome thanks!

12. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,053) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

I saved a few Hazes from different batches and decided to crack them when Very Hazy first came out to do a mini vertical to see how they aged. Oldest was 3 months.

Long story short, the old one was not good. Malt overpowered everything and it was a little sour. Never in a million years would I guess that was Haze. The younger Hazes were okay, but you can tell they were starting to turn. I wouldn't let Haze sit longer than 1-2 months. That is the one TH beer that is absolutely best fresh.

Very Hazy might be a different story though since it's quite a bit different from regular Haze.

Oh shit, I just remembered I have one in the fridge too from the latest batch! Beers always disappear when you have them in those tall 4-pk cardboard containers and can only see the tops. Gotta crack that one soon!

13. eco81

eco81 Initiate (0) Nov 2, 2009 Pennsylvania

They are releasing cans today?

14. NickT1133

NickT1133 Initiate (52) Jul 29, 2014 New Hampshire

Julius 8pp

#94 NickT1133, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  15. Bcelos

Bcelos Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2015 Connecticut

I like Tree House beer fresh, but even better at 1-2 weeks. After about 7-8 weeks however I notice the beer changes to the point where I wish I hadn't waited that long!

16. mj0126

mj0126 Initiate (152) Mar 2, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

@DigitalNate I know you don't like to tip your cards, but any insight as to whether we'll see Julius again this month? Going away on vacation at the end of the month, and was hoping to bring some cans along. Trying to decide if I need to make the trek tonight or not. Cheers!

17. DigitalNate

DigitalNate Initiate (107) Dec 20, 2010 Massachusetts

A few more fresh batches this month, for sure.

BeerKev11, pisano, Pete_Gill and 2 others like this.
  18. mj0126

mj0126 Initiate (152) Mar 2, 2011 Massachusetts
    Trader

Awesome, thanks!

DigitalNate likes this.
  19. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (2,053) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Now what about Green? :grinning:

20. skleice

skleice Aspirant (299) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

He did claim it would "rain Galaxy hopped beers", so I think it's coming.

NEB_beer likes this.
  21. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

How's it look out there today?

22. Lupin

Lupin Devotee (493) Jun 4, 2006 Connecticut
    Society Trader

Have a sneaky suspicion the early crowd may be a bit large this afternoon as the Phish tour rolls through town. Be careful; if someone says they have some extra green to trade in their car, they may not mean the beer. :grinning:

NiceBeerCans likes this.
  23. DrugsDelaney

What is with the people who park in the lot and try to trade beers out of the trunk of their car?

Just embarrassing.

eb1610 likes this.
  24. JGLittle

JGLittle Initiate (0) Mar 24, 2012 Massachusetts

You'll be cutting it close to get to Great Woods from Monson on a Friday evening on 495 fighting through the Cape traffic. I think you're probably on to something with a big opening crowd tomorrow morning when people are headed to Hartford.

25. Rysk22

Rysk22 Zealot (544) Nov 12, 2014 Massachusetts
    Society Trader

As in asking anyone who walks by if they want to trade? That's a tad obnoxious, saw a bit of that at the Trillium OH release... Either arrange a trade before hand or don't is my opinion.

26. jrapps

jrapps Initiate (0) Dec 5, 2012 New York

Hey Guys - I figured this would be the best place to ask this. I'm making my first TH trip in about two weeks (on a Friday) and plan to arrive around 2pm to line up. Doors open at 5pm? I'm coming from NYC and we're going straight to Boston after TH and I'd love to stop off at the Trillium Canton location before they close at 7:30pm. If I'm in line early at TH, do you think it's possible to make it to Canton Trillium before close? Google Maps says the trip should be about 1.5 hours without traffic, but I'm guessing I may run into some on a Friday evening. Any insight/tips from those that have made the TH - Canton Trillium trip would be awesome. Thanks!

27. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (354) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

It might be difficult. Traffic in MA is crazy on Fridays during the summer

28. jrapps

Thanks - I figured it may be tough. We will be in Boston until Sunday morning, so I was thinking an alternative would be to hit up Night Shift Friday night (open until 11pm) and then just go to the Boston Trillium location. I've heard that Canton usually has better stock, so I guess we could always make the 30 min drive from Boston on Saturday if the can stock is low. Thanks!

29. BucketsB

BucketsB Initiate (0) Mar 1, 2011 Massachusetts

This is totally doable as long as as that 2:00 doesn't turn into 3:00. If you're there by 2:00, you'll probably be out with growlers shortly after 5:00, but if you show up after 3:00 that 5:00 exit will probably be closer to or after 6:00. I tried to make this same drive three Fridays ago and my 3:40 arrival had me out at 6:15 and about 10 minutes short of making it to Canton. The traffic on 90 East isn't as bad as other stretches of road.

30. jrapps

Thanks BucketsB. Great intel. I'm planning to leave NYC around 11:30, so hoping to get there by 2/2:30ish. I guess it'll be a game time decision as to whether we can make it to Canton before close.

On an unrelated note, I see that TH has Julius available today. Do they usually plan to have more than 1 can available on Fridays?

Also, I noticed the website has a limit under the growlers stating "Limit 2 total bottles w/up to one 2L". Does this only apply to that particular beer or is it a limit of 2 total bottles per trip? Because further down on the page it says "THREE TOTAL GROWLERS HAS BEEN THE NORM LATELY." Would love to be able to get 3 or 4 growlers (spread over 2 different beers obviously). Thanks!

31. jomobono

jomobono Aspirant (247) Mar 12, 2012 Massachusetts

There is another beer going into cans today, follow @treehousebrewco on twitter for updates.
    The entire order will have a 3 bottle limit but then each beer has it's own limit. So 2 bottles w/up to one 2L means 2 750s or 1 750 and 1 2L. If you max out on that particular beer then you can get 1 more bottle of another beer.

32. Ianrem7

Ianrem7 Initiate (23) Feb 14, 2016 Connecticut

Yes, 8 beers remaining left over from the night before is not the norm however, Read over the first page of this forum again, it'll be a big help, it states, "Friday may have a small amount of leftover Thurs cans with a new 6-8 pp can release."

Just depends on week by week. But if you arrive at 2-2:30 you should be able to max out on 3 growlers and most likely get 3 different styles. Also they generally open early (ranging from 15 min to an hour). Theoretically if you were top 25 (which if you were there by 2 you should be around that range) in line you should have cans and growlers and be on your way by 5 which would give you ample time to get to Trillium.

33. DrugsDelaney

Yeah, people park near the entrance and try to trade beer from other breweries with people leaving with their Tree House allotment.

Just enjoy the beer you've got.

Rysk22 and Justin42 like this.
  34. jrapps

Perfect - thanks for the clarification.

jomobono likes this.
  35. jrapps

Good to know they may open earlier than 5pm. That could help a lot. Thanks for all the info. Super helpful.

36. BEEPOP

BEEPOP Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Deactivated

They typically open around 4:15-4:30 on Fridays. Around 4:30 more often then not. I am a frequent goer to TH so ... yeah ... =)

If I was going to TH for the first time and you want to try Trillium ESPECIALLY coming from NY ... take the day off and leave early. Trust me. I would go to Trillium and get there at noon, get lunch @ Amber Road Cafe nearby (YELP IT & try the Eggs Benedict sooooooo good), and then make the trip to TH after getting lunch and get there around 2:30-3ish. Leaves you early enough to get cans & growler fills and be on your way in 20 minutes instead of 20-30 minutes of can line with an additional HOUR on fills. Seriously though try the Amber Road Cafe after Trillium ...

This is of course assuming you aren't going farther north of MA for additional beer.

kliend likes this.
  37. jrapps

Thanks for the tips. We are going to be in Boston on saturday and sunday, so will probably end up just getting to TH as early as possible. Our car rental in NYC is for 11am, so would rather just get to TH asap and then deal with Trillium after and/or on Saturday.

38. marjen

marjen Initiate (35) Jun 24, 2015 Connecticut

So is Thursday the best day for cans? Thinking of coming up from work one day and that day works best for me. Then might hit Yankee Spirits in Sturbridge to grab some Trillium.

39. marcrgrenier

marcrgrenier Initiate (68) Apr 22, 2015 New Hampshire
    Trader

Wednesday is the best day for cans, only day of the week where 2 varieties are definitely offered...

Mbo108 likes this.
  40. marjen

marjen Initiate (35) Jun 24, 2015 Connecticut

Well that sucks. I work from home on Wednesdays but in the office Thursday which is "only" 50-55 mins from Treehouse. We keep my out the next couple of weeks and hope fore the best.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.