Tree House Brewing Company (July 2016)

Discussion in 'New England' started by NiceBeerCans, Jul 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JSackett

JSackett Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2015 Massachusetts

Never had bottles and have not had growler fills in the last 6 months or more.

2. RuckIt

RuckIt Aspirant (215) Apr 29, 2008 Massachusetts
    Trader

Last release was November 13th. 1pp growlers only - no bottles.

3. Knobs303

Knobs303 Aspirant (271) Nov 8, 2013 Colorado

Thanks. I figured that was the case.

4. JSackett

JSackett Initiate (0) Oct 13, 2015 Massachusetts

Cheers.

5. carps4

carps4 Initiate (0) Feb 27, 2012 New York

Anybody think the regular IPA offerings from treehouse have fell off a little? I've been drinking treehouse for 3 years and have recently started to notice this. Maybe it's just me or am now use to their amped up versions but curious what others think. Thanks.

6. DrZeus10

DrZeus10 Initiate (175) Jun 1, 2013 Minnesota

7. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (369) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

I actually think the exact opposite. The past few batches of Green, Julius, and Alter Ego I've had were amazing

skleice likes this.
  8. tdog1113

tdog1113 Initiate (0) Feb 16, 2016 Connecticut

Anyone have a guess as to when juice machine or very green comes out?

If i remember correctly juice machine came out the week after xmas or new years, and i thoght they released it twice a year?

9. agreenman19

agreenman19 Poo-Bah (1,921) Apr 10, 2011 Connecticut
    Society Trader

They have only released those beers once each, so I have no idea where you're getting this "twice a year" thing from.

10. barroomhero1977

barroomhero1977 Initiate (168) Nov 2, 2010 Rhode Island

Nope, no guess I am afraid. There is no rhyme or reason to when they are released. I would check the first post to see some other questions. They try to do a good job keeping that updated with each thread.

NiceBeerCans likes this.
  11. bla211

bla211 Initiate (119) Mar 17, 2015 Colorado

JM has been released once, noone knows anything except Nate.

12. davemike2112

davemike2112 Initiate (44) Feb 24, 2010 Massachusetts
    Trader

What is the likelihood of getting cans if I arrive around 7 pm Friday? Also should growlers still be available?

13. agreenman19

Society Trader

Haven't been thrilled with the Green of late. It's obviously very good, but I feel the sweet spot was right up until the hop shortage. I was losing my mind over how good it was at that time which made the drought quite painful.

Maybe TH is a little rusty? :wink:

14. Soloveitchik

Soloveitchik Disciple (336) Feb 7, 2013 New York

I am surprised to learn that Bright is not more sought after - but when it comes to tree house that is definitely relative. Bright is the best tree house beer that I have tried and I prefer Bright/Alter Ego/Doppleganger to Julius and Green. Really speaks to how many world class beers tree house is able to turn out. Would be great if the new brewery is able to offer 8-10 options at a time.

15. skleice

skleice Aspirant (286) Aug 6, 2015 Connecticut

Guess u like dem Mosaic hops!

Soloveitchik and AirBob like this.
  16. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

ISpendTooMuchOnBeer Initiate (107) Oct 29, 2015 Illinois
    Trader

Hope I'm not asking an obvious question that has been widely answered (I Haven't seen anything as of yet), but how does the growler card system work at treehouse? Are they handed out while people waiting in the can line, you turn then in at check out and then wait for the growlers to be filled? Thanks in advance.

Matt

17. RuckIt

Trader

http://treehousebrew.com/how-it-works/

18. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

Trader

Thanks. Yah, i read that but it isn't really that clear. So if you want growlers, you go to the bar, fill it out, hand it back to the bar, then go get in line for cans?

19. RuckIt

Trader

It's all one line. If you're there before open, they'll hand out cards. If you're there after open and there's not an employee with cards near the front door, grab a card (located on the half-wall) as the can line heads into the building. Hand in your card to the bar and they tell you what number you are. Deli-style digital counter is visible above the bar.

20. DrugsDelaney

DrugsDelaney Initiate (42) Feb 15, 2016 Massachusetts

Taste is subjective.

I always find it funny (read: annoying) when people claim a beer is "best." Your favorite, sure, I buy that. But "best?" there is no best.

All of the beers you mention feature Mosaic hops pretty prominently, which can be a pretty polarizing variety.

21. carps4

Agreed!
    greed

22. carps4

Interesting. You been drinking then for awhile?

23. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

Trader

thanks

24. kliend

kliend Initiate (0) Apr 18, 2016 Massachusetts

Could be... Perhaps this shipment of hops aren't as good as the last few... or it could be your changing palate... or could be all in your head. I personally haven't had enough Tree House beers to reply anything useful. Cheers!

25. agreenman19

Society Trader

"When you arrive you will be greeted by a member of our staff and they will take you through a bit of Tree House history and educate you on our ordering process."

This always cracks me up. Ain't nobody got time for that these days!

Also, I wouldn't link that to people if I were you. It's outdated and not really how the growler system works nowadays.

Check the first page for the answers to this and a bunch of other questions you probably have.

This is another thing I considered. When a hop shortage is mentioned, I suddenly start to think that the hops they do have are maybe what was salvaged from a poor crop and deemed "good enough" so the hop farmers don't lose too much money on a poor harvest.

A great harvest would suggest overall quality goes up, and vice-versa for a bad harvest, even if both of the hops technically fall within the tolerance of "acceptable hops". I feel like the Galaxy hops for the past few months have been ok, not stellar, which certainly affects the quality of the beer.

That said, there was a batch of AE and Doppel that were otherwordly a month or so ago, so I dunno what's up with these hops.

26. ncuba

ncuba Initiate (33) Dec 20, 2008 Massachusetts

Close to 100% you get the cans released Friday, smaller chance (50%?) there will be Thursday can leftovers, 0% anything released today would be around in cans.

And you'll be good to go for growlers, the options for which likely include Wed. beers. 7pm Friday might actually be the best time of the week for growlers.

A special release would throw things off, where the biggest downside would be if they cap growler fills and you miss the cut. You could still get cans most likely, but the wait would be longer and perhaps the limits lower.

27. skleice

FFS...

Anyway, looks like beer will actually make it through the day. Lines have been minimal. Good news for the Thursday crew!

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe and pisano like this.
  28. eb1610

eb1610 Disciple (369) Jan 3, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

Since the Brimfield days

NAPO likes this.
  29. mjord23

mjord23 Initiate (133) Jan 3, 2011 Connecticut

Yeah, I was there around 1:15, literally no line. I actually got to spend some time hanging out inside and talking to the staff, which was great. Looking forward to cracking one of each to share with my wife tonight!

skleice likes this.
  30. oldbean

oldbean Disciple (364) Jun 30, 2005 Massachusetts

I haven't had much Tree House lately but personally I am noticing that after three years of Tree House/Trillium/HF/etc, the beers don't have quite the same impact anymore. What was once extraordinary becomes ordinary if you have it too often. There is an equilibrium there as well; once these beers stop being as special I stop seeking them out as much and try other things; after not drinking them as much for a while they're more enjoyable when I do come back to them.

carps4 likes this.
  31. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (318) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Good to hear. I was afraid the selling out on Wednesday was going to be the new normal.

32. Ianrem7

Ianrem7 Initiate (28) Feb 14, 2016 Connecticut

[​IMG]Tree House BrewingCo‏@TreeHouseBrewCo
    Down to about 65 cases of each. Line 20 people deep.

He might've spoken too soon....

33. skleice

34. DeweyCheatem-n-Howe

DeweyCheatem-n-Howe Disciple (318) May 23, 2015 Massachusetts
    Trader

Dag yo... that Green goodness draws the drinkers.

35. BEEPOP

BEEPOP Initiate (0) Sep 6, 2015 Connecticut
    Deactivated

If anyone expects cans from Wednesday, especially if it is one of the four flagships, to be around on Thursday they are insane ... or if there is TH will limit it to 1-2 per person and would be like MAYBE 5-20 cases left depending on yield. Aka don't expect anything on Thursdays from Wednesdays canning wise, ever.

Wednesdays are insane nowadays. The problem is that there is a slow point from 2-4 where there is a 2-15 min wait so it looks like they will have carry over for Thursday BUT from 4:30-6 when people get out of work there is a HUGE rush.

The sweet spot for me is arriving at TH on Wednesdays around 2 p.m. In and out in 10 mins max.

Rysk22 likes this.
  36. LukieBL

LukieBL Initiate (120) Jun 10, 2015 Massachusetts

To echo others, today was soo nice. Rolled in and out in under 10 minutes. Currently drinking a Green on the boat

DigitalNate, Rysk22 and skleice like this.
  37. SenorQuesadilla

SenorQuesadilla Initiate (88) Jul 18, 2014 Connecticut
    Trader

Just a friendly reminder to keep it chill when driving on the curvy roads leading to the brewery. Passed this on my way back home south on Route 32 about 5 minutes from Tree House, around 2:30:
    [​IMG]

Scared me shitless seeing the wreckage (traffic was routed up that road in the background so it was impossible not to see), but apparently both drivers are going to be okay (one had to be transported via heli).

Swettenham_Shire and kliend like this.
  38. ISpendTooMuchOnBeer

Trader

Is it likely that treehouse will put on kegs of green and alter today for growler fills since those were yesterday's can runs?

39. infectedlobster

infectedlobster Initiate (85) Apr 22, 2014 Massachusetts
    Trader

It's likely, however, last week they held off on tapping the kegs of Wednesday's canned beers until Saturday. Could be the norm from now on, no way to tell.

40. Jtbel1988

Jtbel1988 Initiate (122) Dec 7, 2014 New York
    Trader

I am going today and last time I went I ended up with three growlers of trail magic... fingers crossed for anything besides trail magic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.